Westbrook

Acronym.

11 hours ago, dcl_max said:

I had the same zip quality issue as moneytalks had with my la6 

Anyone else has the same?

this isnt a zip quality issue lol. the creases are due to the zips being curved and can't be avoided.  its like seeing folds on your pants and saying there is a quality issue with the flyzip.

Got my P34-DS in XL in and instantly love them. They fall perfectly for my height and body type - big dudes in the house. 

BB000F69-DF6F-4D4B-B2C9-E24A0C511778.jpeg

1 hour ago, segue said:

this isnt a zip quality issue lol. the creases are due to the zips being curved and can't be avoided.  its like seeing folds on your pants and saying there is a quality issue with the flyzip.

this is the mothersite photo. So u mean the only way to avoid is to photoshop it?

195BB91C-EA0F-4A43-9278-DFC60B412058.png

302F8BB5-9CC8-40E8-8F09-1A819FAE29DF.png

1 minute ago, beepy said:

Goddamn how swole are you @BruceLeroy?

Lmao not swole at all. Racing a bicycle for almost 20 years, mostly on the track, means pants are my greatest headache. My waist should put me at a 32-33, but I have to buy a 36 to fit my thighs and calves. I’m also 6’3 with longer legs relative to my torso. I’m a mess 

When I find a pair that just works it’s pure joy. 

45 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

Got my P34-DS in XL in and instantly love them. They fall perfectly for my height and body type - big dudes in the house. 

Looks dope. 

16 minutes ago, dcl_max said:

this is the mothersite photo. So u mean the only way to avoid is to photoshop it?

195BB91C-EA0F-4A43-9278-DFC60B412058.png

302F8BB5-9CC8-40E8-8F09-1A819FAE29DF.png

or ironing / steam hanging. wrinkles are likely accentuated from curves lying flat inside the bag . my la6a has been on a hanger since opening and still has wrinkles and its not because its bad fabric or bad zippers. just accepted its how it is

pockets / S-AL1 SS 2009 detail vs. SS 2021 LA6A-DS

mmm.jpg

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

S-AL1 SS 2009 detail vs. SS 2021 LA6A-DS

CurvedPocketae Origami 3D Armpit Wrinkle Construction ™

4 minutes ago, Orientalq said:

CurvedPocketae Origami 3D Armpit Wrinkle Construction ™

#vs. that's what they say. btw. edit, btw. #btw. @

I wonder when the new P30A is gonna drop. I really want to get that green, but knowing my luck, size S will be gone in less than a heartbeat...

Just now, IzunaK said:

I wonder when the new P30A is gonna drop. I really want to get that green, but knowing my luck, size S will be gone in less than a heartbeat...

Apparently around mid March (E said in reply to a comment on his IG).

It should hit local retailers so that should help with paying tariffs (depending on your location)

9 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

Apparently around mid March (E said in reply to a comment on his IG).

It should hit local retailers so that should help with paying tariffs (depending on your location)

Local retailers, really? If that's the case, my chances are looking a lot more reasonable. I'm fairly new to Acronym, but do retailers normally get the SS stuff? Most of the stuff I've seen at places like Notre or Hotoveli are FW stuff. 

LA8-DS came in today after a bit of weather delays.

FDD2657B-2557-4A64-B620-23676873A919.thumb.jpeg.c90bc7eb267da1312aefac5ee6788ff0.jpeg

A84B809E-0888-436B-B8EC-731F92F42F35.thumb.jpeg.0b0a3f6ee9391a7b3277b4b3c87f7ee1.jpeg

37C2E154-226E-4EFD-931D-7C7E01A3CF57.thumb.jpeg.a25f03619acd90c0c907ee0e59eea4a3.jpeg

DD2336E5-817B-4414-B520-D3958BB1B5EB.thumb.jpeg.939472e1eb743e00848b8fc7ad46be36.jpeg

E4AE1A1A-E4F4-4CBA-BCDB-B6D9B6C59E03.thumb.jpeg.f995dc5efa436eb59d3507c6071321f6.jpeg

Overall really like it, definitely a boxier cut like you guys have talked about already. I was kinda expecting that since I’m fairly tall and skinny and got an M. Only sizing gripe is the sleeves tend to stack a lot at my elbow when the buttons are done up, but this may be because it’s brand new or they’re too long for my arms; this is my first DS shirt so I don’t know personally. I’m around 6’ / 182cm so I dunno if it was a sizing error on my part or it’s just how it is. 

I honestly liked the fit of leaving the buttons undone and the center open more than I thought I would, I was worried it would look way too big on me doing that but, it gives a more of a causal light jacket vibe that I enjoy. The catch pocket is practical and easy to use, really roomy hand pockets, the articulation is great and gives you a huge range of motion. 

Other than that there’s not much else, kinda wish I could’ve got both the LA6 and this but got just the LA8 since I already have some black stand collar button up shirts and it’s a bit more visually distinctive/has different ways to wear it.

(also since I’m new-ish to buying acrnm I didn’t know the shirt sling is just attached by a knot so that was surprising to see lol)

Edited by tresend

Do any bigger dudes here have the LA8-AK at all? After all the talk about the DS version, I was wondering what the sizing is like. Found a pretty good deal on the AK version in L, but not sure if I need L/XL @ 220lbs with a 44 inch chest and 5'10".

I feel like an M LA8 would still do you well, L would give you sleeve trouble 

3 hours ago, iamundying said:

any reviews on the j28-ws?

why open your j28 when you know it'll sell for 3k? @fasttimes I see you, bro. Give us a review, low effort style

11 hours ago, Orientalq said:

why open your j28 when you know it'll sell for 3k? @fasttimes I see you, bro. Give us a review, low effort style

It's good, made me see the light of fully-featured jackets in WS and convinced me to move on a J47A-WS

These walls of text are getting tiresome. Brevity is very tech. 

Goddamn. I don’t know if I want 45m YouTube videos or 10,000 words. 

Remember to like, subscribe and smash that bell icon for my new channel, FASTREVIEWS, where I react to other people's reviews

7 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Remember to like, subscribe and smash that bell icon for my new channel, FASTREVIEWS, where I react to other people's reviews

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Also, liking helps with the algorithm so please like. Please like or I will be unliked. Unliked leads to fear. Fear leads to hate. Hate leads to the dark side. 

I've been to the dark side. People were still matching their tops to their shoes there. Don't let it take me again. I pls u

29 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

I would sub 

3 hours ago, kkuer99 said:

Short summary, I only wore this jacket for a few days and did not regret the purchase. 8.5/10 satisfaction for this jacket so far.

Thank you for the review. Happy to see you enjoy this grail piece instead of listing it for sale at 2x. You would think tho that for a Windstopper jacket they would use a more rigid collar system (as the J1A 2.2 collar already has problems with holding upright after frequent use according to some people here). 

Anyone know who designed the J28? The center chest pocket cluster is a lot more traditional in form (almost like a field jacket). Would not be surprised if it was Michaela since she also did the more conservative P10.

2 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

Brevity is very tech. 

speedreading is a pretty powerful tech too

On 2/19/2021 at 4:59 AM, NinjaGuyInToronto said:

This version has Velcro/GT cinches at the cuffs, which don't appear to be on the old version. 

J69-gt has the cinches at the cuffs. It actually has a second cuff edge (not sure how u should call it) and u are able to fold the Velcro inside the cuff to hide it. That’s how I like to wear, more streamline. The only other jacket I know which has the same cuff is j67-fo. 

FE32F9AF-513D-4CC0-8567-A4FF67EEEBF0.jpeg

F3B9007B-9125-4B6D-9BF7-892282D9AABD.jpeg