Acronym.

Westbrook

What's weird is that items RMT0006 through RMT0008 were stolen, and 3 laptops were given out. It would make sense that these are the 3 laptops, but Slack's laptop is labelled RMT01, which is inconsistent with the videos on two fronts, yet still features numbers and the RMT tag...... 

watching the arg teaser vids made me wanna see the "key" complete itself in one fluid motion (and I had nothing better to do for the long weekend) so here's exactly that! tried to keep frame delay consistent with how the individual teaser vids pieced them together and added a longer delay on the completed frame, threw in the (assumable) aexo logo at the start so it loops when completed frame fades out. can't wait to see what @SlackJackflack 's RMT device has in store for anyone still following

vehf.gif

E & Karl Nikolai's interview about the Süpermrkt giveaway/donation.

https://hypebeast.com/2020/9/errolson-hugh-acronym-nothing-knew-hbx-suprmarket-archive-giveaway

My takeaway: Super cool read. A selfless initiative from both parties and I'm glad they covered a little bit more than just the repetitive origin stories of ACR e is asked about in every interview. My favorite quote, "That’s one of the surprising things about ACRONYM, how much stuff we sell to Asians in particular. We really couldn’t figure it out for quite a while. But I think a lot of it came down to representation."  I know one big reason I  like acr is exactly because of e's asian representation on a worldwide scale, as well as the influence of as-am guys like Karl who can simply make it look good and unique. I'm happy they got together for this cause and am donating in support.

Edited by jeddyhsu

I'm starting to think HBX/E should have just auctioned the goods off for maybe 3-4k a jacket... doing the logistics they would need at least 300 people to break even (vs a weak auction) and there would be a lot less disappointment (I get that its a donation but let's be real there will be bitterness over all)

Acrnm has never been about numbers but if this flops it will be really sad to see as its a niche brand

*edit: looks like its not really catching hype sadly, acronym journal and errol just reposted the raffle with little fanfare, which is rare for acrnm's one post drops and teasers// hopefully hideo kojimbo can save us 

Apparently most J1A restocks have a low batch from the get go to avoid losing face from overstock/imply demand(heard this from someone who claims to be friends with Umites and E that's in manufacturing)... same guy said it costs 600 usd to manufacture, everything else is design/studio/webshop/profit. he said profit margin is maybe 70%

im known for having some bad takes here so feel free to shit on me, just wanna share some alternative pov. if you really hate me just block me lol I won't mind (that's if you can block on superfuture..)

Edited by Orientalq

8 hours ago, Orientalq said:

*edit: looks like its not really catching hype sadly, acronym journal and errol just reposted the raffle with little fanfare, which is rare for acrnm's one post drops and teasers// hopefully hideo kojimbo can save us 

I don't think acronym journal is an account ran by anyone from acr; they seem to tweet news soon after it's shared on sufu lol

Does anyone have any possible experience with layering non-ACR insulators under the GT jackets? I have a J1A 2.2, and I was wonderinf if I could fit something like the Arc'teryx Atom LT underneath. I was interested in the J78-WS as well, but I have no clue what size would be suitable for a profile fit (((My J1A is an L)

40 minutes ago, FelixRevolt said:

I have the same J1A-GT, in large. On its own it’s quite big on me but when I wear my J50-WS, in large, underneath it’s becomes a top combo.

Yeah, right now I can wear a hoodie underneath my J1A just fine (A heavyweight, normal cotton hoodie), but I do notice the arms can get a bit snug and tight when bending the arms. 

I was definitely curious, because I wanted to get a proper insulated midlayer for the winter months, since it does get pretty cold in the northeast in the dead of winter. 

Also, correction. I was interested in the J58-WS. Got the numbers mixed up.

Edited by IzunaK
Wrong model name.

I don’t know about the latest version of insulators but I can recommend the J50-WS. It’s super warm and looks great as a stand-alone jacket.

Regarding fitting, in honesty I don’t think the J1A fits me that well on its own. I don’t think sizing down will help either. So it’s roomy on me and with the insulator it makes it just right.

21 minutes ago, ogre said:

+1 on @AvantSol's post above. Before I bought a J58-WS, I would wear a Veilance Mionn IS under mine, and it worked great. For sizing reference, my J1A-GT is an M, and my Mionn IS is an L.

3 hours ago, AvantSol said:

The Mionn IS(Veilance) fits lovely under it.

I might just have to try that. I've been kinda iffy on grabbing another ACR jacket, especially due to the cost and risk of not getting the right size. Vailance would definitely be a hell of a lot easier due being in the US and all. Definitely gonna try this route first once winter comes around. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, IzunaK said:

I might just have to try that. I've been kinda iffy on grabbing another ACR jacket, especially due to the cost and risk of not getting the right size. Vailance would definitely be a hell of a lot easier due being in the US and all. Definitely gonna try this route first once winter comes around. Thanks! 

theres an XL mionn is hoodie on sale here: https://www.thedarksideinitiative.com/collections/arcteryx-veilance 

23 minutes ago, Westbrook said:

I’ve been out of the ACR loop for quite a while. How often/when do new pieces from a collection typically drop? Is there any warning or do they just appear on the site one day. Specifically interest in the J89-AD. 

We should be getting a couple days warning. I do know for sure that the FW release is slated for October. 

Also, it's good to see the original creator of this thread return :) 

Be careful. Veilance runs small, like a full size. For an Acrnm jacket that has room for an insulator, more like  2 sizes.

I’ve never been able to fit into an XL Veilance field jacket, but with my J56-s I was able to go down a size to a L since I never wear anything but a button down underneath. Probably my favorite jacket.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:12 AM, IzunaK said:

Does anyone have any possible experience with layering non-ACR insulators under the GT jackets? I have a J1A 2.2, and I was wonderinf if I could fit something like the Arc'teryx Atom LT underneath. I was interested in the J78-WS as well, but I have no clue what size would be suitable for a profile fit (((My J1A is an L)

For the past couple of years I've been layering a Bosun Fleece from Mission Workshop under my shells. It's a fairly narrowly cut piece so it fits really well without bunching up anywhere, and it has a detachable hood. Really dense and comfortable fabric, and looks quite sharp on its own IMO.

16 hours ago, Westbrook said:

For the past couple of years I've been layering a Bosun Fleece from Mission Workshop under my shells. It's a fairly narrowly cut piece so it fits really well without bunching up anywhere, and it has a detachable hood. Really dense and comfortable fabric, and looks quite sharp on its own IMO.

do something similar with the sisp modular fleece liner and in days past worn the sisp quilted liner which I regret selling. both are slim fitting so perfect under a shell.

there is something similar in this upcoming aw20 collection from sisp - 40902 liner jacket