Acronym.

Westbrook

57 minutes ago, HumphreytheWarrior said:

All the Corona Viruses for sure, and all the fake and bogus medical masks and gloves!!! We are really going to have to take a look at what we buy from China in the future. Luxury products and toys like iPhones ok. Drugs and essential health products  . . .no way!

seems like a lot of China bumboys and bumgirls  on this site!

Edited by HumphreytheWarrior

Received the j84 in raf and I really like it. Very minimalistic yet the boxy cut is very stylish, should be a very versatile piece. However I notice something strange, can anyone who got the j84 check if you have the same. See the photo and the back piece inside the jacket seem to be missing the edge binding. Not sure whether it is intentional. 

C5E6FFA8-B689-430A-ACCA-3A4EDF1191EB.jpeg

9AFD43BE-7B54-408B-8249-40AA0ACBBC26.jpeg

The fabric pattern near the edge (around 1cm) is different and looks like it would stop the fraying. My explanation is that without the binding, the back of the jacket become more soft and smooth, less chance of developing “panty line” at the back of jacket. :rolleyes:

That being said, it’s only my speculation. I hope it is normal and I am not alone in the world. 

4 hours ago, kriztopher said:

The fabric pattern near the edge (around 1cm) is different and looks like it would stop the fraying. My explanation is that without the binding, the back of the jacket become more soft and smooth, less chance of developing “panty line” at the back of jacket. :rolleyes:

That being said, it’s only my speculation. I hope it is normal and I am not alone in the world. 

Its isn't an "unfinished" edge. The same special edge detail was on j68-s too. 

10 hours ago, kriztopher said:

I have the same finishing detail on mine (if you look closely it is professionally finished). if it was finished as per the the other internal edges it would possibly be too stiff? and slightly uncomfortable / awkward against the upper back and shoulders?

I've worn mine (J84) on a few errand runs these last few days and I'm really happy with it. I was a little curious about the sizing but glad I stuck to my normal size; if I went down a size it would be too short. i'm mostly wearing it popped (?) and not zipped. the temp has been fluctuating between 10-20c here (!) and it's kept me comfortable in all of that whilst walking / casually cycling around. the pockets hold a phenomenal amount without it looking like your colostomy bag needs emptying. the TensionZip pocket entry is super useful when faffing around at the self checkouts and easy to close / access whilst on the bike. the collar sits nicely when the jacket isn't fully fastened - mine seems to sit closer to the body than the Mothersite pictures suggest (it looks like it's floating in at least one of the shots). and i love the hood... maybe the novelty will wear off, but it sits on my peanut head rather nice.

marginal gains overall, but that's late stage capitalism life, right?

Edited by mikon_nikon

9 hours ago, kriztopher said:

Received the j84 in raf and I really like it. Very minimalistic yet the boxy cut is very stylish, should be a very versatile piece. However I notice something strange, can anyone who got the j84 check if you have the same. See the photo and the back piece inside the jacket seem to be missing the edge binding. Not sure whether it is intentional. 

My J44-SD from last season has the same type of edge in the same spot, so +1 on it being intentional and not a defect.

Some pics of the S23-AK. This is my first Acr knit piece and I'm really enjoying the openness of the fabric. Seems to optimize the temperature regulation of the wool and make it useable in different environments/temps. Bit of an oversized fit, but nothing too extreme. Pretty good deal as far as Acr goes too. 

IMG_6570.thumb.jpeg.f6e5e4cc20b4bffa0ae0ac721e8be1fd.jpeg

IMG_6591.thumb.jpeg.86cd6cce4c0d569c1ebfd0d6720cff32.jpegIMG_6582.thumb.jpeg.52ed0f3eae1b6237189a262789bb410c.jpeg

Edited by kobebean

On 5/2/2020 at 4:01 AM, HumphreytheWarrior said:

All the Corona Viruses for sure, and all the fake and bogus medical masks and gloves!!! We are really going to have to take a look at what we buy from China in the future. Luxury products and toys like iPhones ok. Drugs and essential health products  . . .no way!

yikes just leave