Acronym.

Westbrook

22 hours ago, xh79 said:

Some in-person impressions of several of the pieces from this first release:

J61-GTV: I have never been particularly enamored of any iteration of this coat, so I didn't bother to try this one on. Looked fairly similar to the -WS and -GT versions which I had seen / tried on during previous releases; obviously your mileage will vary if this is a style you like. Didn't look like anything drastically different from the earlier iterations to me, though. Admittedly I am not the right person to ask for details about this one.

J79TS-GT: This is a very boxy cut, much larger for the tagged size than I would have expected. My friend who usually wears L or XL in Acronym jackets could easily fit into the M on this; for my own frame I think it is a bit too large (5'9" 125lbs). The front pocket array is interesting, but doesn't feel like it would be as useful as the J1A to me. I did like the look of the hood, despite not usually liking jackets where it cannot be detached or stowed.

J29-PX: This looked better in person to me than in the photos. The fabric doesn't seem as translucent as the previous -PX coat, and the fuzzy lining in the body was an unexpected (and in my opinion, nice) touch. The collar in folded-down blazer mode is a little questionable given the thickness of the fabric, but I think it looks pretty great standing up, and I like the pocket array on this one. This was the one piece I actually ended up purchasing, though I was tempted by a couple others.

J65-AJ: I liked the general look of this pattern in the -AJ material quite a lot. The silhouette flares outwards noticeably in profile (not actually pictured in any of the official product shots), which on my frame looked a bit funny -- it's not a particularly even flare, either; it gave me sort of an artificial paunch. On someone with a sturdier build where this fits more tight to the frame, I think it would look really great, though. Definitely more interesting to me than the boiled wool versions of this jacket from the earlier season.

J77-AM: This was the piece I was most tempted to purchase aside from the J29. I tried it on over a black buttondown, and it looked great. The hood is not bulky at all, so I didn't mind it being attached to the sweater. My favorite detail was the shoulder pockets; they give it a bit of an aggressive silhouette without being over the top. I don't know how this would look with something other than a long-sleeve black shirt under it, and the price feels a bit too high for what it is, but I did quite like this one.

P34-*: I was a bit torn over this one. I tried it on in the -E fabric, which I liked a lot and thought was suitable for the pant -- I own a J33-E, which is a nice pattern, but I think the -E fabric probably works better for pants than jackets, though this is a personal preference. I didn't try on the -S version but probably wouldn't personally consider it, since I own a lot of pairs of Stotz pants and liked the lighter feel of the -E fabric. I also really liked the tapered silhouette of the ankle, which broke at just the right height for me wearing sneakers. However, the waistline on these pants is very large -- impossible for me without a belt, and if I unclipped my belt to go to the bathroom I'd have to carefully hold them up, which isn't something I'd really like to worry about in practice. I also found the cargo pocket array a bit overwrought and somehow uninspiring. I would be very interested in a version of this pant without the cargo pockets though (or at least without the zippered pocket on the left), and a smaller waistband for the tagged size.

NG5-AK: I didn't put this one on, but this was very soft and comfortable to the touch. It is quite wispy; seemingly moreso to me than the long -AK neck gaiter with the "2-part hem" from a few seasons back as I recall, though I could be misremembering. Kind of expensive for what you're getting though.

I didn't get to see the hat in person, but assuming it is the same fabric as the J65, I think it'd be quite cozy. I don't wear a lot of hats though, so I don't have strong feelings on the style.

Thank you for the j79 fit concerns. I usually wear size large in all acornym - but I think medium should be fine, even with an insulator (All my insulators are large) will I have issues with a large insulator and a medium j79 jacket?

39 minutes ago, kpnv said:

are these some weird new mismatched komyuters

I was looking at them too, the weaves and zips are a nice touch, can't tell if it's something they were messing with or something Ziv Lee may have done?

2 hours ago, ArmandGLA said:

Thank you for the j79 fit concerns. I usually wear size large in all acornym - but I think medium should be fine, even with an insulator (All my insulators are large) will I have issues with a large insulator and a medium j79 jacket?

Not being either size in question here and usually being the smallest available size in Acronym, I can only hazard a guess here, but I would think this would be fine. The one thing I would be concerned with in this particular case is that the body of the J79 seemed very short -- if you don't want the insulator to show below the hem of the shell, you might want to check the measurements carefully against one another. (I would do this in general, also to make sure the sleeves will not suffer from the same issue, but I think Acronym shells usually have the sleeves cut very long so this seems less likely to be be an issue.) In terms of simply being able to fit the bulk of the insulator beneath the shell, though, I would think for most insulators you'd be fine.

29 minutes ago, senorfraz said:

Anyone have expected date/timeline for Drop2?

Specifically interested in P33-DS / does anyone notice any solid differences between this and recently released P31?

The p33 is a straight leg cut. A bit wide from photos. Not sure if there’s any articulation. Built in belt. Pajamas in ds fabric pretty much. The p31 has articulation and tapered. Think of the p23 without the cuffs. No built in belt. 

And early November. 

Edited by Kamikaze

Quick question for those using auxzip. Has anyone mismatched sizes between their jackets and the liner when using the auxzip? I have a large J1A-GT gen 2.2 and I'm looking to pick up the J65-AK. If I get a J65-AK in Medium or XL, would it zip into the auxzip lopsided? 

1 hour ago, analog29 said:

Quick question for those using auxzip. Has anyone mismatched sizes between their jackets and the liner when using the auxzip? I have a large J1A-GT gen 2.2 and I'm looking to pick up the J65-AK. If I get a J65-AK in Medium or XL, would it zip into the auxzip lopsided? 

It works, one side will be shorter or longer because the collars have differing diameters between sizes. It doesn't sit awkwardly or if it does it's not enough to be noticeable. 

Hello all, quick sizing question; Anyone got the J61-GTV? How did you size?

If it helps I'm 6ft2, with a slim build. I have a J1A-GT in Medium that fits, albeit it's a little snug. I originally felt the large was too big so sent it back and opted for a medium, though now I may try and track down a large again. Anyway, the medium J1A is a little snug in the shoulders when layering and could do with being a cm or two longer but it fits and it's wearable. J56-GT in medium was a good fit. I tried a friends J53-GT in medium and that was too small, I'd need a large in that.

I'm stuck between either medium or large. The fact it's a straight fit, relatively relaxed looking jacket makes me think medium will be okay but I thought I'd get some input.

re: sizing, i think the answer is to always take the larger size if you are unsure. also, acr generally looks better worn a bit loose rather than slim/tight. 

many of the sizing questions are rather pointless. these aren't MTM shirts that are going to fit spot on. if the silhouette isn't working for you, changing sizes will not help very much. 

4 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Hello all, quick sizing question; Anyone got the J61-GTV? How did you size?

If it helps I'm 6ft2, with a slim build. I have a J1A-GT in Medium that fits, albeit it's a little snug. I originally felt the large was too big so sent it back and opted for a medium, though now I may try and track down a large again. Anyway, the medium J1A is a little snug in the shoulders when layering and could do with being a cm or two longer but it fits and it's wearable. J56-GT in medium was a good fit. I tried a friends J53-GT in medium and that was too small, I'd need a large in that.

I'm stuck between either medium or large. The fact it's a straight fit, relatively relaxed looking jacket makes me think medium will be okay but I thought I'd get some input.

everything ACR top i've had - be it shell, insulater, tee shirt, or sweatshirt has been a L. I would've fucked up if i bought this 61 in a large. medium fits like my J1A-GT 2.0 Large fits. (selling the J1A for anyone who didn't see my sales thread post)

19 hours ago, analog29 said:

17 hours ago, wexler said:

It works, one side will be shorter or longer because the collars have differing diameters between sizes. It doesn't sit awkwardly or if it does it's not enough to be noticeable. 

Agreed. I've fit various size L insulators into XL shells.

3 hours ago, brian_g said:

Agreed. I've fit various size L insulators into XL shells.

As @wexler mentioned does the zip length match? I've always assumed they used one zip size considering the NGs are OS so I don't see a point in producing jackets with various zip lengths you just find what the largest size that fits the construction of an S and use that throughout from an economy of scale perspective that's all I could imagine (though with the ACG jackets I remember my ex putting my size L liner into a womens M shell and that may have been 20mm off, but I expect that's because A.Nike and B.Womens) 

17 hours ago, iamundying said:

re: sizing, i think the answer is to always take the larger size if you are unsure. also, acr generally looks better worn a bit loose rather than slim/tight. 

many of the sizing questions are rather pointless. these aren't MTM shirts that are going to fit spot on. if the silhouette isn't working for you, changing sizes will not help very much. 

While that can be true for some garments (it can also be disastrous), I find items that are constructed with some amount of movement in mind and ergonomic patterns don't always follow this rule. Rather, sizing and measurements can sometimes be deceiving. Example; many people measure from the seams this doesn't exactly work on a jacket with "abnormal" construction. 

If I was getting MTM I wouldn't be consulting the kind folks here, I'd be discussing with the tailor taking the measurements for my shirt. Yes a number of sizing questions my be redundant but asking the opinion of someone with experience with said item can give good insight into how a piece fits. Surely that's reasonable?

16 hours ago, nodre said:

everything ACR top i've had - be it shell, insulater, tee shirt, or sweatshirt has been a L. I would've fucked up if i bought this 61 in a large. medium fits like my J1A-GT 2.0 Large fits. (selling the J1A for anyone who didn't see my sales thread post)

Thank you.

7 hours ago, DROVES said:

As @wexler mentioned does the zip length match? I've always assumed they used one zip size considering the NGs are OS so I don't see a point in producing jackets with various zip lengths you just find what the largest size that fits the construction of an S and use that throughout from an economy of scale perspective that's all I could imagine (though with the ACG jackets I remember my ex putting my size L liner into a womens M shell and that may have been 20mm off, but I expect that's because A.Nike and B.Womens) 

Large J58 and medium J63 into medium J28. Minimal difference but the zips are differing length between sizes. The gaiters are set at a size medium, I would assume that’s optimal to enable attachment to larger or smaller shells.

3125F4D9-CE7B-4604-8C11-11D3E380AF00.jpeg

FF697D8F-B20C-4046-9162-41E6B0EFD338.jpeg

Edited by wexler
Word

Thanks so much for sharing, have been truly curious for some time! 
Funny so different from what my brain would have landed on for a modular system, but cool that they go the extra mile I suppose? 

Edited by DROVES

1 minute ago, HeckHouse said:

Barrage of J29 pics incoming, since I think it’s been overall poorly represented by styling shots online. I really love Acronym blazers and think they are a more versatile cut than most jackets in techwear. The look changes pretty radically depending on how it’s layered, how the collar is positioned, and if it’s opened or closed. I attached a bunch of slight variations on ways I’ve tried it out to illustrate that point.

And yes, the J65-AK is fantastic and I love it because I love vests.

Yo this is fire. I still think the J29 sucks but you make it work! The P30A's also look great on you. I miss my EG/Vans, i beat the shit out of them and had to retire em. 

Edited by solographik

7 hours ago, chiner said:

Just an FYI, the full FW19 Acronym collection will be available in the Bodega LA store starting on Saturday in case anyone wants to pop in and try on/touch product in person. 

Full as in including drop 2?