supertalk6
Westbrook

Acronym.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:40 AM, TIMDOT said:

Exsqueeze me for getting political. My gott, the world as it appears, get in my fucking head.

Hide contents

Capitalism created and sustains racism. The ruling class materially benefits from divisions between the majority. Workers in the US in a less racially diverse workplace are paid less on average. The working class, does not materially benefit from racism.

What are ways to interpret the act of change in society on an individual and societal level? 
1.The individual changes through the struggle of changing society 
2.Educate the individual to change society (racism is dynamic and insidious, a new persecuted minority every decade, making this a slower process)(this is all forms of mysticism) 
3.Deny change in individuals = deny change to society.
1 smashes the status quo. 2 and 3 reinforce it. 1 has impetus, 2 doesn't, 3 negates it. A conception of privilege theory, which prioritizes WS over a class analysis of racism (edit: not the ideology of WS), is 2 and 3.

When white supremacy is the prism you look at things through how do you differentiate between racists and fascists? And more importantly how do you change things?

Bro when we say WS, we mean Windstopper®, not white supremacy.

Speaking of WS I think my J58 is due for a wash, do you have to be any more careful with it because of the climashield filling, wouldn't want it bunching

Edited by capnpyro

1 hour ago, capnpyro said:

Speaking of WS I think my J58 is due for a wash, do you have to be any more careful with it because of the climashield filling, wouldn't want it bunching

Put tennis balls or dryer balls when you pop it in the dryer to refluff the filling

17 hours ago, capnpyro said:

I'm probably wrong but I thought that climashield was a continuous filament which meant that it didn't bunch like down. Regardless I would probably use the tennis ball technique as per the recommendation above or Grangers do that down wash kit with the spiky balls in it which is pretty inexpensive if you want the detergent too.

Thanks again to Zork and Carlooa for the tips on the J63. A L would not have fit my shoulders and Idol did indeed have a XL for me to purchase.

I can see this jacket replacing a few of my other transitional weather jackets, namely my J47, a TAD soft-shell, and a fleece hoody. The color was as I had hoped and is more of an Olive/Brown/Grey than a true Black. It looks to pair well with my fave P24's in RAF. The softer drape and leather like sheen give it a dressier look than other rain gear; very appreciated.

@CountZatara @shoreman @Yoshiii

Yo - sorry for the late reply, have been out in the Midwest all week. J,P:A is definitely my home, and I'm more-or-less the P in that little acronym. Thanks for the props!

Edited by Appleseed
Finally figured out the fucking handle formatting....

From the official site:

Johanna F. Schneider is a designer whose work emphasises the harmony between graceful creation and functional detail.

Being of German-Belgian descent, the rich design histories of both countries is cited by JFS as having a continued impact on her present day working philosophy. For her, traditional Belgian manufacturing culture provides a gentle contrast to the austere, utilitarian atmosphere of her German birthplace and current home, Berlin.

Possessing the unique ability to operate in both the illustrious industry of high fashion and the performance-oriented world of sportswear, JFS's previous and current clientele, among others, include: designer Kostas Murkudis, atypical design label Acronym, men's sportswear line Stone Island Shadow and Nike.

Drawing inspiration primarily from human anatomy and its make-up, JFS's designs focus on resolving kinetic restraints, and the idea that clothing creates "rooms" for physical expression through movement.

JFS's fascination with organic movement, in addition to her obsession for detail and construction, naturally inform her evolving body of work. By unifying her understanding of pattern-making, production processes and system designs with a sensitive approach to form and material, Schneider creates products that exhibit both subtle elegance and technical mastery.

http://jfs-studio.com/index.php/projects/acronym

With the help of the lady,acr do provide some of best design in their history so far(name cp2,j28,j38,p10,j34,j36) in my opinion. 

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

Anyone got / know of any good reads regarding anatomical garment construction / pattern making? Anything on the science of creating garments with a better range of motion? 

2 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

Anyone got / know of any good reads regarding anatomical garment construction / pattern making? Anything on the science of creating garments with a better range of motion? 

I've got Functional Clothing Design by Watkins & Dunne, really interesting read.

17 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

I've got Functional Clothing Design by Watkins & Dunne, really interesting read.

Thanks, I'll check it out

On 2017/8/25 at 9:54 PM, danii said:

johanna seasons were the best seasons

Same thought, JFS as pattern maker was da soul.

Sorry E,after so many shoes collabs with Nike, this flyknit trainer @Yan90  cheers for the spot,ways back still rocks like hell, and the fitting smokes recent designs.(j1a-s and P10 also by JFS)

2752E53952535865261735

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

15 hours ago, eidolarr said:

I'm thinking of having the waist taken in by about an inch on my P10TS-DS. Has anyone had luck with this?

I did have some P10s tapered from the seat to the knee area successfully. If you find a confident tailor I think it'd be possible for sure.

23 hours ago, eidolarr said:

I'm thinking of having the waist taken in by about an inch on my P10TS-DS. Has anyone had luck with this?

An inch will be fine, I have to get all my pants taken in. DS is the trickiest fabric though, ask around for experience with performance fabrics. 

9 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

Same thought, JFS as pattern maker was da soul.

Sorry E,after so many shoes collabs with Nike, this flyknit racer ways back still rocks like hell, and the fitting smokes recent designs.(j1a-s and P10 also by JFS)

2752E53952535865261735

there is trainers not racers)

1 hour ago, meccaNIZM said:

An inch will be fine, I have to get all my pants taken in. DS is the trickiest fabric though, ask around for experience with performance fabrics. 

Thanks very much for the tips. I obviously have a belt, but the DS fabric is kind of unstructured and readily "caves" in an ugly way if you've got too much extra fabric.

Does anyone here own or has owned a S-J8 coat? I could hardly find any information, let alone a review on it. Would love to hear how the fit is etc. as there's one up for sale and I'm considering getting it.

I know the suspensor system is different to the GT-J19's 3A-SR1 in that the S-J8's has the additional "vertical" sleeve. I could gather from pictures that the harness has 2 regular connectors + 2 Fidlock Mag-Dock Adapters, and that the sleeves have a regular connector on one side, and a fidlock one on the other side.

But how is this harness supposed to be worn? Are the sleeves supposed to be attached to each side respectively and left dangling? Is the coat long enough to cover that? Don't the sleeves bang against your legs while walking in that kind of setup? Also, if you attach one of the sleeves to both sides (i.e. make it a lumbar sleeve like on the 3A-SR1) - won't that make it impossible to attach both 3A-MP2TS since there's only 1 fidlock left on the harness?

7 minutes ago, N6MAA10816 said:

Was the J1A-GT from SS-16 made in 3-Layer GORE-TEX® Pro Shell or was that only for the FW-1617 model?

Gore tex pro shell 

Not sure where you're getting your info, but J1A-GT was not part of any seasonal drop. It launched on its own in Dec. '15 and stayed in stock for a pretty long time (can't recall exactly) before selling out. Oh yeah right after the video.

5 hours ago, kampongkid said:

Not sure where you're getting your info, but J1A-GT was not part of any seasonal drop. It launched on its own in Dec. '15 and stayed in stock for a pretty long time (can't recall exactly) before selling out. Oh yeah right after the video.

Is that really what happened? That's insane, I remember waiting a few days before pulling the trigger because I never spent that much money on any article of clothing before and I decided "f*ck it" because it appealed to my aesthetic sensibilities and love the functionality lol now I'm hooked. 

Edited by AvantSol

6 hours ago, AvantSol said:

Is that really what happened? That's insane, I remember waiting a few days before pulling the trigger because I never spent that much money on any article of clothing before and I decided "f*ck it" because it appealed to my aesthetic sensibilities and love the functionality lol now I'm hooked. 

I did the opposite and bought it a few seconds after it went live as I thought it would sell out ...whoops

Errolson did say something about more being available “not for at least a year” a while back so it sounds like it will return

Edited by RemarkableArmor