Westbrook

Acronym.

Acronym x Dyneema project.

Too attractive material. Interestingly, that Errolson can create from this. 

On 5/1/2017 at 10:07 PM, Questlove said:

^ You're display name and avatar deserves a like for no reason

I'M DISRESPECTUL TO DIRT! CAN YOU SEE THAT I AM SERIOUS?

(Thank you, I mean.. domo.)

I was listening to the podcast interview with Errolson the other day, good to know he's very particular about doing collaborations. Apparently he gets a lot of offers & chooses to ignore them.

10 hours ago, X.bee said:

I was listening to the podcast interview with Errolson the other day, good to know he's very particular about doing collaborations. Apparently he gets a lot of offers & chooses to ignore them.

Which podcast(s)? I'd love to listen.

Still waiting for my 62 to ship...

Well, heard back from Acronym:

"Thank you very much for ordering with Acronym. Unfortunately orders whose value exceeds 1,000€ are subject to a mandatory customs inspection and approval prior to the order being shipped. Your order was submitted and is awaiting customs documentation which should arrive today or latest tomorrow. The tariff code we are using is the correct one, as it states that the item is a "Men's Jacket of man-made fibers, knitted or crocheted". The outer membrane is bonded with knit and is therefore not a woven jacket."

Hopefully I can find time to call UPS and get that changed once it finally gets in the system properly, but I'm not optimistic...

2 hours ago, drgitlin said:

Still waiting for my 62 to ship...

Thanks for looking into that, was getting anxy as well. I'm in the same boat and was wondering why the label was created but hadn't moved at all...

Got my 62 in. Love it. The detailing is great. The patterning is really complex for a simple silhouette. The star of the show is the fabric.

Considered putting this in the sales thread, but it seems like that's just for listings. I'm curious how trades work in practice. I've only used the forum for one purchase in the past, but it seemed straightforward since there's a record of a transaction in paypal. Are there ways to handle them to make sure you're protected if the other guy never sends the item? Do you just rely on rep to verify the other person is trustworthy?

Edited by spladow

10 minutes ago, spladow said:

I'm curious how trades work in practice

Find a trusted middle man, ship to him once he gets both items then he'll ship the items to the correct traders. Trades are risky over the internet, and its always a gamble doing so, better to sell and buy what you want

14 minutes ago, spladow said:

Considered putting this in the sales thread, but it seems like that's just for listings. I'm curious how trades work in practice. I've only used the forum for one purchase in the past, but it seemed straightforward since there's a record of a transaction in paypal. Are there ways to handle them to make sure you're protected if the other guy never sends sends the item? Do you just rely on rep to verify the other person is trustworthy?

Another way you can go about this is by "selling" each other the item for the same price. This way you can leverage PayPal's buyer protection policy in case the other person doesn't ship. Make sure that the sale price is commensurate w the value of the item. You lose out on fees but the peace of mind is probably worth it.

Ask for sufu references. I know there's a lot of newjacks around here now but, there's still a good chance that someone looking to buy Acronym on sufu has made a transaction of some sort with another member at some point. 

2 hours ago, CARLOOA said:

Got my 62 in. Love it. The detailing is great. The patterning is really complex for a simple silhouette. The star of the show is the fabric.

Does it make you feel like a character from Syndicate?

3 hours ago, spladow said:

Considered putting this in the sales thread, but it seems like that's just for listings. I'm curious how trades work in practice. I've only used the forum for one purchase in the past, but it seemed straightforward since there's a record of a transaction in paypal. Are there ways to handle them to make sure you're protected if the other guy never sends sends the item? Do you just rely on rep to verify the other person is trustworthy?

Yeah, I mean I've bought off the Acronym sales thread before and I just found someone who listed the item I wanted and then I checked the thread history to see if someone had posted something positive about a sale transaction involving said member.  Speaking of that... I have to vouch for kampongkid. Thanks again for the J58-WS. It was clutch for the winter with the J1A-GT.

Side note: You can always do Paypal disputes if things go south. Never gift the money though, just pay the extra 4% one way or another (I think it's still 4%?) so that you have at least one leg to stand on.

3 hours ago, drgitlin said:

Does it make you feel like a character from Syndicate?

Makes me feel like Diddy in this.

^^^ Honest mistake, but try the community sales thread instead. This is more just for general discussion, not really buying and selling. Thanks.

Really love the 62 material. Some picture updates: 
Here is a comparison:
PB, GT Pro, Pertex Quantum Y, Multiprene

L1030217.thumb.JPG.11b904614c2493bd3ddcfbf1824b75e6.JPG

Here is a shot of the beautiful luster on the material, I think it gives a better idea of the thickness of it too.

L1030207.thumb.JPG.55e2619255c986e8634ddc8b0f4b6caf.JPG

40 minutes ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

Might try out those pants and hoodie. Shoes seem real interesting but not sure I'd be able to pull them off. If I can find my discount code though why not. 

6 hours ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

for the non-Mandarin speaking friends...

host is 190cm, all garments he tries on are size Large

07.KMTR: regarding fidlock buckle closure, he says he could "sit at home and play with the contraption all day" lol ; bungee snap closure on back of shoe is also magnetic

EDIT: the shoes fit half size big. numerical sizing. (info from Jörg Haas)

button down shirt: the "jacket sling" is now held via rope instead of whatever it was before so it's sturdier / doesn't snap? (im not quite familiar with what he's referencing as this obviously isn't a problem with mainline jacketslings)

hoodie: mesh vent on hood for peripheral vision, he considers it to fit slim

pants: interchangeable aglets on drawcord, long zipper on lateral and medial thigh for ventilation (not pockets)

2 versions of shorts, one being very similar to the pants

poncho: white colour is semi-translucent; magnetic clasps on side; girl was wearing black colour in size M 

Edited by austinalamualaykum

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Shoes seem real interesting but not sure I'd be able to pull them off

The shoes jump out at me the most out of the whole collection, they kinda remind me of a y-3 shoe but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

The pants are also pretty neat, but I have way too many pants so i'll probably pass on those

@CARLOOA how does the j62-pb fit? 

liking the new acg stuff especially the 07.KMTR and cargos, the shoes would be perfect for travelling although with the big fuck off magnetic fidlock would imagine you would have to take them off to go through security.