Acronym.

Westbrook

8 minutes ago, solographik said:

Cold? Doesn't the care tag say 40 (or 60?) dec C? That is at least on the warm setting. I use Granger's technical wash on the warm setting, in a laundry bag. Hit it with the steam iron after. No issues with any of my DS things (la6, ka2, la3, p17). 

thank you, i was thinking in terms of fahrenheit.. warm wash it is. grangers technical wash.. i only have granger's wash and repel which it looks like the label says specifcally not to use. probably gonna do the towel method as i don't own an iron.

6 minutes ago, nodre said:

thank you, i was thinking in terms of fahrenheit.. warm wash it is. grangers technical wash.. i only have granger's wash and repel which it looks like the label says specifcally not to use. probably gonna do the towel method as i don't own an iron.

Come on man - baller enough to own ACR, baller enough to own an iron (and buy some granger's wash on amazon while you're at it) :). You're right tho, no additional DWR on -DS.

18 minutes ago, solographik said:

Come on man - baller enough to own ACR, baller enough to own an iron (and buy some granger's wash on amazon while you're at it) :). You're right tho, no additional DWR on -DS.

lol i know... i need it for suits and stuff anyways. but i wasn't talking about spray dwr i was talking about: 

IMG_0786.jpg

this is a wash + reproof, and i think the reproof is what should not be done to DS if i understand correctly.

Edited by nodre

On 2/2/2018 at 2:21 PM, nodre said:

lol i know... i need it for suits and stuff anyways. but i wasn't talking about spray dwr i was talking about: 

this is a wash + reproof, and i think the reproof is what should not be done to DS if i understand correctly.

Correct, DS and CH have are coated with proprietary technology (ecorepel, coldblack, 3XDRY, and NanoSphere) already so you do not want to re-proof with off-shelf DWR products.

As far as Stotz goes, @FlavourTwist emailed ETA directly regarding his S-J11 and the owner has 3 options:

• use nik wax cotton proof wash-in

• use nik wax spray on repellent (the version for cotton fabrics I suppose)

• professional dry cleaning plus proofing/coating method'

ToKo and Granger's (which arcteryx recommends for its products) will do the trick also, but since Eta Stotz is a cotton based ventile product there is no DWR treatment, this has been mentioned often before, so tech wash ins/ spray ons (for the gore tex likes) aren't recommended.

He ended up washing the jacket by hand with fairly hot water and without chemicals, hung and when almost dry, sprayed on the mentioned cotton proofing and spot-cleaned with natural soap. 

Gore-Tex is fairly straightforward and simple.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:56 AM, Voyager said:

For Goretex or Windstopper jackets (J16-GT, J28-GT, J61-GT, J58-WS, J65-WS)
Stotz (cotton) jackets (J56-S, J62-S, J64TS-S)

Stotz (cotton) Pants (P23-S, P26-S)
Schoeller Dryskin pants (P23A-DS, P25H-DS)

sup yall

i know @Voyager has already made posts with regards to customs from ups but thought i'd share some updated info since I ended up speaking with someone different after speaking with Linda. (I bought the j47a-WS and my original customs of ~$420+ was lowered down to ~$100 and I'm located in VA-USA.)

I first spoke with Linda per voyager's instructions but was forwarded to Jessica Busbee who takes care of payments.  When you ask to have your HTS code changed for your incoming package, she told me that for any future packages where I'd be receiving orders from Acronym, I should simply email her at [email protected] notifying her that "The shipment (your tracking number) would be containing recreational performance outerwear," and include the new HTS code that voyager provided above after it's been dispatched.  To confirm that the HTS code has been updated, you can call the UPS Accounting Dept (803) 502-2525 to confirm that the changes have been made and that  the new HTS code has been applied.

I'm unsure if the representative will be different by last name or state within the US (guessing different for intl buyers) but her contact info is below in case you need to contact her.

Jessica Busbee
[email protected]
(803) 502-6832

She was a complete pleasure to work with and extremely nice.

hope this helps

50 minutes ago, segue said:

sup yall

i know @Voyager has already made posts with regards to customs from ups but thought i'd share some updated info since I ended up speaking with someone different after speaking with Linda. (I bought the j47a-WS and my original customs of ~$420+ was lowered down to ~$100 and I'm located in VA-USA.)

I first spoke with Linda per voyager's instructions but was forwarded to Jessica Busbee who takes care of payments.  When you ask to have your HTS code changed for your incoming package, she told me that for any future packages where I'd be receiving orders from Acronym, I should simply email her at [email protected] notifying her that "The shipment (your tracking number) would be containing recreational performance outerwear," and include the new HTS code that voyager provided above after it's been dispatched.  To confirm that the HTS code has been updated, you can call the UPS Accounting Dept (803) 502-2525 to confirm that the changes have been made and that  the new HTS code has been applied.

I'm unsure if the representative will be different by last name or state within the US (guessing different for intl buyers) but her contact info is below in case you need to contact her.

Jessica Busbee
[email protected]
(803) 502-6832

She was a complete pleasure to work with and extremely nice.

hope this helps

Better credit me too friend. 

Also, portion of savings to https://support.unicef.org/

:)

Edited by CARLOOA

On 9/25/2017 at 8:37 AM, Voyager said:

I placed three orders on drop day for three separate items (P25H, SM1, J28).

I’ve gotten tracking numbers for two of the three items. I’m assuming it’s the two items I won’t need to pay duties for since they are both out of customs without issue and are on a truck to be delivered today (woo hoo!).

Past four drops it’s been like this for me. Items that require duties required more paperwork on the exporter’s end and they are slow with it. Sometimes takes up to 5 business days. Be patient.

Did you ever get invoiced by UPS for the j28/p25h? Last time I bought from Acronym and this happened, UPS sent me a letter to collect unpaid duties.

3 hours ago, vir2L said:

Did you ever get invoiced by UPS for the j28/p25h? Last time I bought from Acronym and this happened, UPS sent me a letter to collect unpaid duties.

Sorry, I know this wasn't directed to me, but very surprised you got an invoice from UPS. Where are you located? My understanding from having quite a few issues with them and spending a lot of time with customer service is that they won't deliver anything unless duties have been prepaid on the phone / online or someone gives them a check when they drop off the package. Fedex does invoicing post delivery 100% of the time though. 

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

Sorry, I know this wasn't directed to me, but very surprised you got an invoice from UPS. Where are you located? My understanding from having quite a few issues with them and spending a lot of time with customer service is that they won't deliver anything unless duties have been prepaid on the phone / online or someone gives them a check when they drop off the package. Fedex does invoicing post delivery 100% of the time though. 

USA, this has happened quite often for the past decade that I've been shopping with Acronym. Prior to 2015, the de minimis value was only $200 so you had to pay duties for pretty much everything from them. 

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

everytime i have dues from ups i will get the invoice a week - two weeks after the item arrives. personally they have never held a package to collect duties before releasing the item.

Yep, sometimes I know beforehand that they won't release it as it's explicitly said in the tracking screen... other times it's not and they just deliver the package to you and wait for the collection notice.

On a side note, one of my close buddies is moving to HK so if ever Acronym comes out with a powerhouse of a season (I'm talking at least 6+ items to purchase), I'll just have Acronym ship all that shit to him. Not going to bother dealing with UPS just because some dude in the Czech Republic is too lazy to identify the correct recreational performance outerwear HTS classification.

5 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

Got the J47A-WS in. Love it.

It's sick, it got me kinda hyped for SS18 to be honest lol

First impressions: more impressed by this version coming from the GT Pro-Shell version. It feels more Acronym in a way, it wears like the recent J28-K in my limited time with it.

Some things to note:

1. Gore Windstopper Active: Putting it side by side with the 61, it looks identical. So, same as J61-WS and the most recent J25-WS iteration. Very durable fabric despite the insubstantial feeling. Drapes very well and is actually breathable. Functionally weatherproof, I’ve worn this in light misting to downpours and remained dry.
  2. Other than the obvious fabric change there are a few changes to note:
  • Press studs are reversed with the male side away from the body, maybe to prevent pinching or facilitate pressing, unsure after a day.
  • Additional midsection press stud in addition to the InterOps and hem press stud.
  • Additional midsection shockcord adjustment.
  • The left mezzanine chest pocket, the one that the jacket stuffs into, has a silver  reversible ykk pull for opening and closing when stowed.
  • Obvious tec-sys mounting points inside the mezzanine pocket when turned inside out.
  • No gravity pockets.
  • Same hood stowing strap, same adjustments and hem expansion zip, largely the same Vislon Aquaguard zippers.
  • Still got EscapeZip.

59 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

The left mezzanine chest pocket, the one that the jacket stuffs into, has a silver  reversible ykk pull for opening and closing when stowed.

Any clue as to why this one different pull? It really stands out to me in the pics of the design, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Is there a functional reason?

12 hours ago, vir2L said:

USA, this has happened quite often for the past decade that I've been shopping with Acronym. Prior to 2015, the de minimis value was only $200 so you had to pay duties for pretty much everything from them. 

Yep, sometimes I know beforehand that they won't release it as it's explicitly said in the tracking screen... other times it's not and they just deliver the package to you and wait for the collection notice.

On a side note, one of my close buddies is moving to HK so if ever Acronym comes out with a powerhouse of a season (I'm talking at least 6+ items to purchase), I'll just have Acronym ship all that shit to him. Not going to bother dealing with UPS just because some dude in the Czech Republic is too lazy to identify the correct recreational performance outerwear HTS classification.

It's sick, it got me kinda hyped for SS18 to be honest lol

stop frontin' like you've been buying ACRNM for the "past decade" hypebeast lmao

15 hours ago, Kasper said:

15 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

everytime i have dues from ups i will get the invoice a week - two weeks after the item arrives. personally they have never held a package to collect duties before releasing the item.

throwing my anecdote here. last time i tried to pay duties over the phone, but they were having trouble processing my payment. they ended up releasing the package for delivery and invoiced me separately a few weeks later.

1 hour ago, emenel said:

Any clue as to why this one different pull? It really stands out to me in the pics of the design, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Is there a functional reason?

It’s reversible so the pull can be used by either side—to open the pocket when stowed or when worn

Edited by CARLOOA

24 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

It’s reversible so the pull can be used by either side—to open the pocket when stowed or when worn

Of course... I should have clued in when you said "reversible" the first time :)