Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Yep, my pairs all have a slight ‘bubble butt’ appearance… have always wondered why this seems to be more prevalent with FW, and kind of thought it was more a function of how they fit me vs potential construction / sewing method? Doesn’t bother me, but I also don’t have eyes back there. Also, as the denim settles the bubble becomes less apparent.

@beautiful_FrEaK that’s a great fit, but I’d be debating between the 224 as well… the 224 look like they were made for you.

Following the nice review from  @beautiful_FrEaK I have a couple of observations after wearing my pair of 47s for around a year.

1. Compared to other jeans with a similar medium rise, I find the 47s quite unforgiving of hip-slip. By which I mean, I have to wear a belt to keep them high on my hips otherwise the fit becomes quite unflattering. This isn’t necessarily a problem, but I don’t love wearing a belt. This may also be peculiar to my body shape.

2. The long fly placket that bF mentioned really accentuates the twist of the top block after a few washes and the top of the fly ends up quite significantly displaced from the centre. Again, not necessary a problem, but it can look quite funny if worn with a shirt. The placket of the shirt will sit an inch or more sideways from the fly placket (apparently this alignment is known as the ‘gig line’ in military parlance).

Generally I think they’re a nice pair of jeans, but these two points somehow mean I don’t find them as easy to wear as other pairs I own.

22 minutes ago, tjsma said:

Following the nice review from  @beautiful_FrEaK I have a couple of observations after wearing my pair of 47s for around a year.

1. Compared to other jeans with a similar medium rise, I find the 47s quite unforgiving of hip-slip. By which I mean, I have to wear a belt to keep them high on my hips otherwise the fit becomes quite unflattering. This isn’t necessarily a problem, but I don’t love wearing a belt. This may also be peculiar to my body shape.

2. The long fly placket that bF mentioned really accentuates the twist of the top block after a few washes and the top of the fly ends up quite significantly displaced from the centre. Again, not necessary a problem, but it can look quite funny if worn with a shirt. The placket of the shirt will sit an inch or more sideways from the fly placket (apparently this alignment is known as the ‘gig line’ in military parlance).

Generally I think they’re a nice pair of jeans, but these two points somehow mean I don’t find them as easy to wear as other pairs I own.

Any pictures of that?

1 hour ago, tjsma said:

IMG_2541.thumb.jpeg.2e3dcc85a0961ac63dac14706380fb57.jpeg

How dare you speak out against The Grail!? 
You Sir are on very thin ice. I will appeal for leniency on your part to the Freewheelers authorities, but this is a very serious incident ;)

I haven’t even worn my 47’s yet but know they are ‘the best’ jean ever. 
I simply can’t understand anyone nit picking them! 
Your independent thought has been duly noted though. Everyone loves a free spirit :)

I've got some jeans where the fabric above the fly (not sure, how that's called) is not staying flush on top, but kind of twisted.
Not sure, if you mean that.

But I think the reason for that, in my case, is, that the jeans are too tight for me.
Or perhaps something else is the reason.

Those jeans also have very pronounced whiskers due to the denim fabric getting pulled to the sides.

2 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

IMG_2109.thumb.jpeg.887eabb3fc860b1f6a9d93ab80cb9aaf.jpeg

Is this the twist you talking about @tjsma
WWII tux checking in.
paging @MJF9 to post his. Haha 

Haha jeans looking suitably shredded Shred... well done... wayyyy more than mine!

Is that a 1927 jacket I spy though? 😉

8 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Any pictures of that?

This is what I mean. I appreciate that this is a feature, not a bug. We all know that denim twists when you wash it. The effect in the top block just seems more accentuated in these jeans.

This is the first time I’ve posted a picture of my crotch to the internet (that I’m willing to admit to).

IMG_1014.jpeg

6 hours ago, UkeNo said:

How dare you speak out against The Grail!? 

What grail is this? The 47s are no grail unless you have a pair of the Lot 1

The only thing I really like about the 47s is the big fly opening - I really need that

6 minutes ago, tjsma said:

This is what I mean. I appreciate that this is a feature, not a bug. We all know that denim twists when you wash it. The effect in the top block just seems more accentuated in these jeans.

This is the first time I’ve posted a picture of my crotch to the internet (that I’m willing to admit to).

IMG_1014.jpeg

Could you draw the location of your navel on the pic please?

@tjsma Happens to me as well with various denim. Some more than others. Also jackets where the front placket turns to the left or right (left hand twill vs right hand twill). I like it personally. I have a Wrangler 24MJ that really pulls to the left when I wear it. 

Edited by mstax

@AlientoyWorkmachine I tend to tuck most of my work shirts into my jean but I work construction and having minimal things that can get snagged is key. 
also with any of the FW type 1 they’re quite short and I can’t stand the look of a long tee or shirt sticking out a few inches under a denim jacket.