The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I'm leaning toward blue... I feel like there's just more going on pattern/color wise compared to the grey.  Only thing that's making me deliberate is I'm not sure if that color will work with my paler skin tone.... am I just overthinking it?

I had the blue western shirt, I loved the fabric (I just sold it because the size was too big for me.) 

Offchops:  When fully shrunk my 1001's inseam ended up at 86 cm.  It's about an inch longer than the inseam on a 3001 or most other FH models.

And I bought it, and love it. Here's a fit pic I snapped that might answer your question about skin tone - I'm pretty pale in the pic.

DSC04462_zps0d8d971f.jpg

I'm kinda thinking blue too but it's tough.... I'm the kind of guy that would go for grey, but I'm wanting go get stuff that is a little more out of my comfort zone.. Tough choice, they're both super sick.  If I do pick one up though I'll def give my thoughts when it comes

They are both good and you can't miss.  Something to think about is that because the grey is monochromatic, some intricacies of the native check pattern that are much less prominent in any of the other color combos come into the foreground.  In that regard, I think it's actually the more interesting pick, IF you already own one of the native checks with a contrasting color scheme.

In regards to your phone hole developing in the back pocket…it's going to eventually need a repair, and the longer you let it go, the larger the repair itself will be.  That said, it's a pocket, so it's not threatening the structural integrity and future durability of your garment in any way, so there's no harm in waiting longer.  Obviously, if the hole starts opening up to the extent that your phone starts falling out, that's when it's time to go see the dudes at SELA.

I had the blue western shirt, I loved the fabric (I just sold it because the size was too big for me.) 

Offchops:  When fully shrunk my 1001's inseam ended up at 86 cm.  It's about an inch longer than the inseam on a 3001 or most other FH models.

Thanks mate

New Spring/Summer stuff keeps on rolling in.  Some hot new items are the Jacquard-knit short and long sleeve T-shirts and the new 5002 slim tapered jeans.

I've been waiting ages for Flat Head to make a jacquard-knit T-shirt, and I wasn't disappointed; I bought the black one as soon as we got it.  Flat Head's jacquard is one of the brand's coolest fabrics, and they're knit using extremely rare machines - technically speaking, this kind of fabric is even rarer than loopwheeled fabric.  This new T-shirt comes in gray and black, in both long and short-sleeve versions. 

I manned the camera while my friend wore the new items.

C4Hjnzm.jpg

H8Hqne2.jpg

And here's a detail shot of the inside of the fabric, letting you see the crazy detail in the jacquard knit.  It would be way easier to just print a T-shirt with this pattern; but, as usual, FH doesn't do things the easy way.

rIRMlCo.jpg

We also got the new 5002 model in stock - this features the same slim tapered cut as the 3002 and SE05BSP but in Flat Head's 5000 series denim.  This fabric hasn't been used much lately but it has a different character from the 3000 denim that's still recognizably Flat Head, but with a bit more vintage flavor.

Z9rvBOh.jpg

Here's a shot comparing the 5000 denim (top) with the 3000 denim (bottom).

czxZsYs.jpg

And the 5002 next to a faded pair made from 5000 denim.

JNSu5lt.jpg

I really like the deerskin patch on the new model.  Deerskin is my favorite material for jean patches, and in this pic you can see how it changes over time.

7eDkrzi.jpg

Edited by Kyle@TFH

The texture and dye of the 5000 fabric is different, if you wash the 3000 fabric more frequently it's still not going to look the same as this; the 5000 denim has a more detailed, subtle appearance to its vertical fading, compared to the 3000 denim that has a bigger, bolder texture to it. 

They're both great fabrics though, I think that people who've already experienced the 3000 denim would probably enjoy the different character of the 5002's denim.

Edited by Cold Summer

In some other context I might think that the contrast colors were a little jarring, but the green/brown/blue combination reminds me of something you'd in an old 8-bit NES game.  It's a similar reason to why I like colors on my white dobby stripe shirt so much.  This is all, of course, completely unintentional, but I'm fascinated and amused by the idea of a company that ostensibly makes 50s-inspired clothing with vintage machines inadvertently creating stuff that evokes (in my mind anyway) old pixelated video games.

Those T's definitely aren't subtle basics…but if you want a fun time party T-shirt, I don't know of a better one.  

Received this amazing shirt last week.

feels pretty amazing, I'm very surprised by the quality (this is my first real shirt).

Potential is great, seems like the vertical fading will be awesome. Took some quick shots to share my enthousiasm with other FH heads :)

c257ed51-ae0c-4bc3-89b3-fa3ebe017804_zps

IMG_2002_zpsa2da7d99.jpg7c45e271-409d-4ee6-b9c7-189c5fcfacb8_zps

IMG_2008_zpsfeec8bdb.jpg

Edited by BukkakeKing