The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Wow those look good - those are Matt0's jeans from a few pages back, though these photos are a lot better than the old ones.  That's pretty much a perfect-looking pair of jeans IMO. 

We did a trade. It really helps having a few pieces of aged denim in the store to show our customers some real evo. I agree this pair for me personally is perfect. They have reached that sweet point between well-aged and trashed.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Probably worn these for another month since my last update. Been wearing my SG2109 and SExI08BK shorts (jorts) since the California heat has been rearing its head. Fucking love this denim though... Right front pocket is about to explode (after numerous repairs) so once they do, will be hot washing again and getting SE to work their magic.

14065970308_7f4ac30606_o.jpg

14272813833_43c9b9855b_o.jpg

14065970188_9f980e6ed4_o.jpg

I will try to post more detailed photos later this week. I've gained weight since purchasing them and the fit is.. nowhere close to how they started out. Enjoying the larger thighs on my SG 3109s!

Cold Summer - I purchased these in July of 2011. Did not wear them much until I had them tapered (knee down), I would say they are at 2 years of wear and ~8 washes. 

Whoah. Anyone know anything about this

Looks like a 14 oz., left hand twill, 100% zimbabwe RJB/FH collab is in the works? 

Very tempting, though hard to know what the fit will be like, looks slim tapered like the 3002? Sizing in Flat Head or RJB seems to always be TTS so I may take a flyer on them.

I actually wore the prototype pair for those jeans for a few days, they're pretty interesting.  The fit is the same as the D109/D006, it's a slim tapered fit that's different from the 3002, the rise is a little bit longer and the shape of the leg is a more gradual taper than previous ST cuts. 

Mine had the same 14 oz. Zimbabwe cotton as my RJB D105s, though.  I'm curious as to whether the left-hand twill version is basically the same thing, or if it's a different weave.

Yeah, the previous FXR models were FH denim.  Those ones were based on Flat Head models (hence 3001FXR) while this one is based on an RJB model (the D109) so it's made with the RJB fabric.  I guess it just depends on whether a particular FXR model is based on a Flat Head or RJB model.