Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

• 2 weeks later...

^I remember people asking about that a couple months ago, I can't find the discussion anymore. If I rememeber correctly the "2" denim is indeed sanforized, but I don't know if they're fully sanforized or the "shrink control" kind like Momo, Skull, Evis No. 2 and stuff...

The 103 also comes in a xx denim, 14oz natural indigo... Most people here seem to go for the 15oz denim, but the xx looked really great as well. Much more expensive though.

I don't think anyone here owns a 203.

there was a pair not too long ago in supermarket.

THought I'd drop in and say hello...

Had these a few months but have been waiting for the fall, and for The Clerk to get his '>Union Special up and running. Got them back Saturday.

Shorter.jpg

Bath-time.jpg

Wore them Sunday:

SDAinwear.jpg

These are the natural indigo version; very different to my previous natural denim jeans, the Levi's 1880 with Kurabo fabric, and the Sugar Cane SC40501. It's made from lovely cotton like the Kurabo, very fluffy, but the colour is much deeper and richer with a violet tinge.

I've seen lots of vintage natural indigo jeans - what's exciting about these is that they start out a different colour, and are actually quite unlike any vintage model - it's more of an adventure, whereas so many jeans are simply trying to recreate the past. I starched them; not so much to keep them stiff, but because it also helps screen the dirt; they came off the radiator as a 3D shape, and left a blue streak in the hallway. Oops. Less indigo loss in the bath than my last few pairs but I still need to give it another scrub.

I've always worn a regular 32 and these size perfectly; vintage, but slightly slimmer around the seat than a 55.

I like wearing dark jeans so I'm no no hurry for these to fade. They'll be my regular jean until may, when I switch to sandals and Levi's 9oz 1890s.

HEre's my first day .... see you in a few months.

THought I'd drop in and say hello...

Had these a few months but have been waiting for the fall, and for The Clerk to get his '>Union Special up and running. Got them back Saturday.

Shorter.jpg

Bath-time.jpg

Wore them Sunday:

SDAinwear.jpg

These are the natural indigo version; very different to my previous natural denim jeans, the Levi's 1880 with Kurabo fabric, and the Sugar Cane SC40501. It's made from lovely cotton like the Kurabo, very fluffy, but the colour is much deeper and richer with a violet tinge.

I've seen lots of vintage natural indigo jeans - what's exciting about these is that they start out a different colour, and are actually quite unlike any vintage model - it's more of an adventure, whereas so many jeans are simply trying to recreate the past. I starched them; not so much to keep them stiff, but because it also helps screen the dirt; they came off the radiator as a 3D shape, and left a blue streak in the hallway. Oops. Less indigo loss in the bath than my last few pairs but I still need to give it another scrub.

I've always worn a regular 32 and these size perfectly; vintage, but slightly slimmer around the seat than a 55.

I like wearing dark jeans so I'm no no hurry for these to fade. They'll be my regular jean until may, when I switch to sandals and Levi's 9oz 1890s.

HEre's my first day .... see you in a few months.

Paul, those bottles look suspiciously like ones you'd find in the Union. Used to be my local when I lived in Greenwich.