Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Okay, here are some fit pics. Sorry for the delay. Again, these are Japanese market SD103s, raw, unsoaked, size 31. The waist is already pretty snug, so I am concerned about shrinkage when I soak. What say ye?

Unfortunately, it looks like Bears is not going to let me swap them out,so I either have to sell/trade them here or try and keep the waist stretched enough for fit.

Thanks for any input.

-Bart

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02540.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

They look good - wear them unwashed for a couple of months then cold soak, put a piece of wood in the waistband to keep the waist size and leave it there while they air dry.

Well, I may look into making some type of waist sising device then. I am a little concerned still, but maybe it will work. I agree I should soak first. I need to see what the length is going to do and to get my "wrinkles" int he right places. I will sell/trade these before doing anything if anybody is interested and willing to pay/trade a reasonable amount.

I know it is presoak, but post soak, after 5-10 wears, it will stretch back out..

shrinking process does not lead to any loss of fabric, they just become closer together and the gaps between the fabric are closed up.. you can easily stretch it

Bart1 I say if you can get you hands into the pockets, then you'll be ok! And like Ah_long said it will stretch back, so If you like the fit now before soak then keep them, because thats the size they going to stretch back to after soak and a couple of wears.

It would be better to soak first, so the worn areas don't move once washed. Leave the waistband dry, or use the aforementioned piece of wood.

"Leave the waistband dry" - years of soaking jeans and trying to maintain the waist size and I never even thought of this!! Probably a better idea than the wood I think.

"Leave the waistband dry" - years of soaking jeans and trying to maintain the waist size and I never even thought of this!! Probably a better idea than the wood I think.

Would there not be some form of osmosis or water creep from the soaked jeans to the dry waistband area?

I avoided it. I told him it's a present. Naoki also left a little notice in the package and I because I knew where he lives, what's his name is the custom guy believed me. Otherwise it would have been around 50-60€...

oh, and Naoki put 3 bags of the SugarCane soap in it. Great guy!

edit: thx to you! without you I wouldn't have bought them :D

I avoided it. I told him it's a present. Naoki also left a little notice in the package and I because I knew where he lives, what's his name is the custom guy believed me. Otherwise it would have been around 50-60€...

oh, and Naoki put 3 bags of the SugarCane soap in it. Great guy!

edit: thx to you! without you I wouldn't have bought them :D

well then i guess you have to send me one bag of the SC soap mate ;-)...:D