Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

8 hours ago, JDelage said:

The 40th Anniversary items are on the pre-order portion of the website.

7 hours ago, Broark said:

Both the 40th war pair and the 40th natural indigo jeans look really nice. 

7 hours ago, JDelage said:

I like the war pair. The natural ind one is SP-031 I suppose?

7 hours ago, Broark said:

Yup, those are the ones. Too tapered for my tastes in all likelihood. :blink:

7 hours ago, JDelage said:

Yes, I agree.

2nd that - both are too tapered for my liking!
the WW2 (SP-029) are OK, but not really essential at this point...

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

SP-030 is the most "normal looking" one and interestes me the most. Not sure about them though.

Pretty low rise though - too low for me.

I can't say that there's anything I find super exciting.

liking the denim for SP-028 & SP-32, but I doubt that the cut would work for me.

SP-029 I approve, but I guess a WW2 cut at this moment will not excite many!
if the actual denim has a bit more texture in the end who knows..

might just stick to a tee this time.

It's much nicer in person than the pics on their site would suggest. The color is more pronounced to start with. I got it oversized so I have plenty of room for a small sweater if need be.

16 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Does anyone (here) have the 1538XX WW2 jeans in the relaxed fit (ie not those with the B or C suffix)?

I'm looking at you @Foxy2 ^_^

sorry, only have 1538XX-B which is based on a 103 cut...straight, but certainly not relaxed.

yup, better ask Noaki - he's got both models still in stock.

1538XX was from 2011 - 1538XX-B & 1538XX-C were from 2014 and with an updated denim & pocket fabrics (camo & polka dots) - the 2014 models are more modern in cut (103 and, maybe, 107 based).

i think I saw a D1538XX on yahoo.jp some time ago...

On 10/30/2018 at 1:46 AM, dutch_MP said:

I think you are right. I have looked at 103 and D1714. They differ quitte a lot looking at the waist. Size 30 of d1714 had a waist of 84. The waist of size 30 in 103 is 78. I have the impression G-001 is more like 103. But then, looking at the waist i should go for size 33. I am quitte slim, 185 and 72 kilo. Hope you, Foxy2, or someone else can shed a light. It is Much appreciated! Kind regards from the Netherlands.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:40 AM, Foxy2 said:

I can measure the G-001 in W33 (after washing) and you can compared it to the charts and actual measurements of your current pair...

On 10/30/2018 at 10:56 AM, dutch_MP said:

I would appreciate that very much foxy2! What i notice from comparing size information of OD is that the differente in the waist is quitte big, 4 centimeters. Other measurements are close, front rise 1 cm, back rise half a cm. Guess i need to size up to 31, waist is stil smaller in that size but maybe it is compensated by the higher front and back rise? Your measurements can help to decide, i need to end up at a waist of at kwast 80. Thanks in Ada NEC!

On 10/30/2018 at 11:01 AM, Foxy2 said:

no problem - will take measurements over the next few days...

I usually try to go for 86-88cm raw in most purchases.

OK - here we go...

G-001 W33 washed and stretched, but not really broken-in or worn - I believe there might be some more stretch left in the waist, if needed
Waist 43.0cm
Front Rise 28.0cm
Back Rise 38.0cm
Thigh 33.0cm
Knee 23.5cm
Hem 22.0cm
Inseam 88.5cm

On 2-11-2018 at 8:54 AM, Foxy2 said:

OK - here we go...

G-001 W33 washed and stretched, but not really broken-in or worn - I believe there might be some more stretch left in the waist, if needed
Waist 43.0cm
Front Rise 28.0cm
Back Rise 38.0cm
Thigh 33.0cm
Knee 23.5cm
Hem 22.0cm
Inseam 88.5cm

Thanks Foxy2! Really helpfull. A bit confusing as well. When comparing these measurements with the ones on OD, one might think they did not shrink in the Washing proces. I guess i Will be ok with size 31. 33 is too big, 32 as well (probably size 32 has a waist of 42).

kind regards from the Netherlands

Edited by dutch_MP

9 hours ago, dutch_MP said:

Thanks Foxy2! Really helpfull. A bit confusing as well. When comparing these measurements with the ones on OD, one might think they did not shrink in the Washing proces. I guess i Will be ok with size 31. 33 is too big, 32 as well (probably size 32 has a waist of 42).

kind regards from the Netherlands

This pair has been stretched out after washing.

stretching usually happens as a natural process over time with wear - a lot of pairs, if not the majority, will stretch back to the original measurements or beyond. Certainly this will depend on how you size your denim and how you wear it. If the denim needs to stretch it will most likely stretch in the waist.

a more convenient way to stretch your jeans is to mechanically stretch them by using a waist expander.

my pair did certainly shrink a good 1.5 inches in the waist, if not more - I was able to stretch them back to the measurements given.

@i_denim: Not sure if there's been a proper review of the G-003 jeans, but @beautiful_FrEaK mentioned picking up a pair of the G-002 here. A little further down that page, I chime in on the G3 fabric used for that run of jeans. Don't really have much to add to what I wrote there - they're still sitting in my drawer waiting for the winter rotation to start soon - but I believe they G-003 jeans are in SDA's typical 107 cut which is a nice, modern tapered cut with some room in the thighs and a mid- to low-rise.

I have checked the up coming jeans for the 40th anniversary. I also noticed a anniversary jacket, a type 1. Can we expect more items, items that cannot yet be seen on the SDA-website? I would like a type II.

Edited by dutch_MP

Had my eyes on a cinched back wider pair of jeans for a while that still has belt loops. Just saw the preorder for the 40th anniversary heritage pair and jumped on it immediately! The 13oz will hopefully give it some nice movement and soft creasing. 

Would have loved the type 1, I was in Osaka just as it was announced and was shown the sketches and measurements. Don't think I'll manage to pick that one up though. 

On 11/7/2018 at 10:21 PM, dutch_MP said:

I have checked the up coming jeans for the 40th anniversary. I also noticed a anniversary jacket, a type 1. Can we expect more items, items that cannot yet be seen on the SDA-website? I would like a type II.

you will have to check the different shop blogs - they will do shop specials for the anniversary (like a salesman-sample type 1 or 2 last week) - not sure how you would get them to ship, though...

Hi everyone, again...

I'm looking for the pair that fits closer to APC's Petit Standard, so it's a slim tapered fit, with a leg opening smaller than 18cm. Should I try SD-107 or SD-108? Does the denim stretch a lot and should I size down? Or should I try ONI 20oz?