RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

21 hours ago, blooming said:

Interesting, I’ve put my 710 and 711 through the dryer and nothing like that @vexed_wear. Maybe the heat was really high?

It’s just a normal Bosch dryer at home.  I’m pretty sure I used the same setting on my boncoura and the leather patch survived.   Apparently it’s fake leather that causing this massive shrinkage 😅

Le 26/04/2023 à 16h16, unionmade a déclaré :

Voici quelques photos d'ajustement. Les jeans sont toujours très croquants et ne « tombent » pas encore naturellement. Un peu cogné sur l'entrejambe (j'aimerais que ce soit suffisant pour un petit brassard), mais fonctionnera avec les chukkas d'hiver. Idéalistement, j'aime que le bout du poignet touche la chaussure. L'ajustement est assez bon, je voulais une paire ajustée mais pas contraignante. Je pense qu'ils seront bons avec l'usure. J'aurais pu aller pour un 34", mais des tracas avec les retours, donc je vais les garder.

Voici les mesures (méthode denimio)

taille 33/36, oner wash. taille 42 (côté à côté), taille avant 28,5 cm, cuisses 29,5, genou 20, ourlet 20, entrejambe 83,5

IMG_20230426_152838262.jpg

IMG_20230426_152900384.jpg

IMG_20230426_153047675.jpg

IMG_20230426_153242711.jpg

IMG_20230426_153619410.jpg

IMG_20230426_154008823.jpg

@unionmade Hello, I just received my 714 in W33. the cut is perfect. Have you washed yours yet? Did it shrink to the waist afterwards? Does the fabric stretch after wearing it for several days? I wonder if I should have taken a W34.

4 hours ago, CharlieMike said:

I received my Resolute 714, size W33, I wonder if I should have taken a W34. Does anyone know if it stretches a lot after wearing it for several days? Is shrinkage expected after washing? Compared to the One Wash measurements, does it shrink or not?

My 711 (same denim as 714) didn’t shrink at all after a warm wash/machine dry. They do stretch a bit, so you are probably fine.

Il y a 44 minutes, blooming a dit :

Mon 711 (même denim que 714) n'a pas du tout rétréci après un lavage chaud/séchage à la machine. Ils s'étirent un peu, donc vous allez probablement bien.

@floraison Thank you for your reply. Can I ask you what size you are in 714 and in Denime 221? I wear 221 in W32 and 714 in W33.

• 1 month later...

I washed my Resolute 714 for the first time after wearing it for 60 days 😅

Resolute 714 W33 L34:

One wash / worn 60 days / 1st wash at 40 degrees

Waist: 40.5cm/43cm/40.5cm

Front rise: 29 cm / 29.5 cm / 28.75 cm

Back rise: 38 cm / 38.5 cm / 37.75 cm

Thigh (top): 32 cm / 33 cm / 32 cm

Inseam: 81 cm / 81 cm / 78 cm

Leg opening: 21.5 cm / 21.5 cm / 21.5 cm

It's interesting to see that the measurements haven't changed much except the length, the inseam shrunk by 3 cm between the new jeans (one wash) and the first machine wash.

I'm really happy with these jeans, the fit is wonderful, and I think the wash has a lot of potential.

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

IMG_2265.jpeg

Got some 714s from the Bears fitting. These are signed and I got some stickers and a mug but maybe these are too short. They're settling a bit but I'm worried that even at one factory wash they will be less than perfect with cold washes and hang dries. 29x30. Actual length is 28.5". 

I'm a 30" inseam.I do tend to cuff this high, so I'm not sure. Opinions?  

IMG_1258.jpeg

DO01000763.jpeg

DO01000762.jpeg

DO01000765.jpeg

DO01000764.jpeg

IMG_1256.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I've recently been getting back into the denim game and have been interested in the WW2 models. Long story short, I've been phasing out some of my older slim fit denim (APC's, Rogue Territory, Nudie) to start wearing more straight fit denim with a little more room in the legs and a slight taper. This lead me to the 714, I love the look and silhouette. 

I've spent some time measuring my denim for sizing reference and pants/slacks that fit me pretty well. I used the measuring guide from Bears Tokyo along with the Blue in Green measuring guide.

Need a little guidance in terms of sizing. I'm usually a 34w and 30 inseam, recently lost some weight but have larger athletic thighs (which is my problem area). For reference I'm 5'11"/180 cm tall and 175lbs/79kg. From the 714 one wash measurements I've come across online the 34wx34in seem to fit according to my measurements. But I've been reading to go up one size as well on these. I read the previous page and there was a post that included the 36w one wash measurements and those seem to hit the mark as well.

I just wanted to double check before ordering from Bears. As a side note, I've read about the inseam sizing being smaller so I'll definitely be running with the 34 inseam to account for that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by YourArsenal

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Here is my pair, for confusion 😉

Size 34x34

One-wash

Waist: 86 cm
Front rise: 31 cm
Back rise: 39 cm
Thighs: 33.5 cm
Knee: 24 cm
Leg opening: 21.5 cm
Inseam: 82.5 cm

😅 Thank you for the info!

I believe I came across your measurements (and amazing collection) on Reddit. These measurements look promising for a 34w.

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@YourArsenal i took some pics for you today. I am 185 cm and 84 kg right now. I think a W36 would be too big and a W35 ideal.

Thank you for the pics!

I'm leaning towards the 36w as I've read on Bears the waist comes in at 35, and some measurements on here post one wash states that they come in 34w. This I'm hoping will account for any shrinkage in some areas. Since rear rise and thigh are a big sticking point for me. It seems that the front rise, back rise, thigh, and leg opening are only 1cm/0.4 in apart between the 34w and 36.

I've been going back and forth on this more than I'd like to admit 😅. But want to make sure I'm getting the right size since I'm not sure Bears does exchanges.

@YourArsenal is there a reason you're set on Resolute? Nothing against them but they tend to run slim, and if you're looking for a WWII model you've got other options, with what sounds like cuts that might be a little more suited to what you're looking at in a given waist size. 

24 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

@YourArsenal is there a reason you're set on Resolute? Nothing against them but they tend to run slim, and if you're looking for a WWII model you've got other options, with what sounds like cuts that might be a little more suited to what you're looking at in a given waist size. 

I like that with Resolute you can wear them dressed up or casual, and the price is fairly reasonable. With that said, I've been wanting to get something from the Osaka 5 or related but open to other brands if the cut is right. I was looking at the Warehouse 1001xx or Denime 220aXX but they seem to be sold out. 

46 minutes ago, YourArsenal said:

I like that with Resolute you can wear them dressed up or casual, and the price is fairly reasonable

I’ll say that I feel like any vintage repro from 1947 on can be dressed up or down pretty well. It’s probably easiest with 1947 and 1966 cuts, but even wider 1955 cuts can pair well with a blazer, Shetland sweater, and/or Oxford shirt if you get the proportions eights. The pre-WW2 repros (20s and 1937) may be a bit harder though. More traditional WW2 repros are more of a grey area in terms of styling. Wearing a pair of CSFs with a blazer may be a hard look, but @yokohama_menswear on instagram had some good examples of elevated styling of Warehouse 1003xx

Warehouse 1001xx would be a good option from Osaka 5 once it’s restocked. Here are some of my examples of the Duck Digger 1947 worn 3 different ways if that helps (with tweed blazer and mocs, with Rugby and loafers for more preppy/Ivy look, and with denim workshirt and boots for more workwear look)

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2053.jpeg

Edited by yung_flynn

The 714 is a great pair of jeans that should fit a variety of body types.  It has more room in the top block and thighs than other Resolute cuts. The denim is also very nice (color and feel) and it’s nice that you can order the inseam/length of your choice.

I do agree that it’s a pair of jeans that can be dressed up or down more than others. Not exactly sure why — some combination of the cut, denim, specified length, and no frills simplicity makes them feel less like ‘workwear’ and more like a versatile pair of pants that can go dressy or casual.