The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Hey dudes, so my SE05BSPs are fading pretty stingy and I'm wondering if thats how I am wearing or if it's a property of the jeans. I admit I am not doing a whole lot in them, on my ass coding and walking mostly.  I'll try to take some pictures later, but anyways, is this something anyone else has experienced?

I think they fade reasonably quickly, not super fast but not super slow either.  If you're just walking and "on your ass" then yeah, they probably won't be fading too quickly.  If you wash them more than the norm you will probably see them lightening up more though.

Here's an update on my 1001s.  One initial hot soak, first wash at two months, second wash at four months.  Four months of real wear time.

I photographed these the same way as usual (in shade, on a sunny morning), and the pictures haven't been adjusted, except to get consistent brightness from one to the next.

Moxdfxs.jpg

FeXfMb5.jpg

I'm really pleased with the contrast and overall pattern of the whiskering on these.  The crotch is holding up fine with no damage, despite the fact that I ride a bicycle thirty minutes a day, 5-6 days a week.

0999ACn.jpg

Honeycombs are looking good, too.  I like it when there's variation in lightness on the creases, rather than where they're all uniformly bright and contrasty.

QqapBsu.jpg

DsOfUEp.jpg

I really like the aging around the pocket openings, rivets, and belt loops.  It has a really nice three-dimensional quality to it.

R3P47CR.jpg

The contrast on the pocket edges is one of my favorite parts.  I've got a nice wallet imprint going on, and the arcs show no sign of breakage.

yx3h7l6.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the roping on these.  I only wore them uncuffed for the first month or so to get the process started.  Seems like washing does most of the roping evo now.

E3Y3ymy.jpg

I'm seriously impressed with these jeans, they're overall my favorite pair I've ever owned.  I'm going to keep wearing these almost every day til the end of summer, then focus on my D105s for fall and winter.

Edited by Cold Summer

Wow Cold Summer... Those are looking awesome. I can't wait to see more updates in the months to come (keep them coming!). I was always very set on washing at the four month mark, but these are certainly making me reconsider that approach.

If these had been pioneer series, what do you reckon the differences in post-wash results would be at this stage? Negligible?

I want to get some other FH denim whenever I see 3000 or 1000 fades. My 2111s are great but it's hard to wear them year round in Texas. Echoing Max here, I think the 3012 or 3009 could be in the cards for me at some point.

I want to get some other FH denim whenever I see 3000 or 1000 fades. My 2111s are great but it's hard to wear them year round in Texas. Echoing Max here, I think the 3012 or 3009 could be in the cards for me at some point.

update pics of your 2111s?

I just checked the 3009 again -might be the first time that I'd need a 35. The 34 will be too small and the 36 doesn't give me the slimmish cut I'm after. The 3012 might be the better Option then.

Wouldn't you be able to fit in a 34 in 3009, when can fit in a 34 of your current Sams (500) and 710s?

I just checked the 3009 again -might be the first time that I'd need a 35. The 34 will be too small and the 36 doesn't give me the slimmish cut I'm after. The 3012 might be the better Option then.

The waist stretches out to raw pretty quickly. I got the 36 in the 3002 and the waist got big fast. Those 34 r400s you sold me fit like a size 36 3002. Truthfully if we're anything alike I'd get the 3009 in 34. That waist will stretch

^I wear the same belt for a month now (and it is awesome). I however have a different Problem: the hole I use makes the belt just a tad too tight, 0,25" more and it would be perfect. The next hole makes it too wide.  I constantly hope for some stretch, but it didn''t occur so far. So you shouldn't get much stretch neither. I like to think that speaks for the quality of the leather.

That said - if you can sell it without much loss - do it. I've learned that a belt that feels weird never gets to a state where you like it. And a belt of this category is a lifetime investment after all.

^^Thanks for the opinions guys. I need a waist of 35-36 and my favorite fits started out with such raw measurements (also the 500 & 710). If the 3009 starts out at 34 I won't take that risk. Maybe I can try them on at DC4, that should help. I found that the waist mesurements alone are somtimes misleading, the rise and hips measurements are crucial to a fit as well.

Edited by Max Power

Recently bought a Flat Head belt (OB-001, which is the plate buckle one), and I sized wrong (bought 32). I'm currently using the second smallest hole, and once there's a bit of stretch, I expect to be on the smallest hole. There is so much extra length; it sticks out and looks pretty goofy. I also have to constantly pull my shirts over it. I don't want to just jury rig a $200 belt. I've never done any leather crafting or anything like that. Should I learn and get a tool for the sake of fixing it, or just throw my belt on supermarket (I've never sold anything online either :P). Thoughts?

Why didn't you just exchange the belt right when you got it?

Due to the thickness of that leather that belt doesn't really stretch much at all.  I have one i've worn on and off for years and it's pretty much still the same size.

^^Thanks for the opinions guys. I need a waist of 35-36 and my favorite fits started out with such raw measurements (also the 500 & 710). If the 3009 starts out at 34 I won't take that risk. Maybe I can try them on at DC4, that should help. I found that the waist mesurements alone are somtimes misleading, the rise and hips measurements are crucial to a fit as well.

For what it's worth, I went true to size on FH 2015 34w and it stretched in the waist a bunch past their raw state.  I'd say like an extra inch.  

Thanks for the info on stretch, guys. I figured it wouldn't be stretching, due to the thickness. This thing is monsterous. The only other belt I have to compare it to is my Gustin belt from ~Aughust, and that belt stretched about an inch.

Why didn't you just exchange the belt right when you got it?

Due to the thickness of that leather that belt doesn't really stretch much at all. I have one i've worn on and off for years and it's pretty much still the same size.

Well, it came in Tuesday, and I still have the packaging and everything; however, I bought directly from Japan, from 2nd on Rakuten. I'm pretty sure 2nd doesn't accept returns on international orders.

Edited by Claytonimus

My latest TFH shirt:

73f504f406f1431ec19b4b025fe94de3_zps6284

683e4314b5a56e2a64e15ba254afe9b5_zps0f78

ab0b96a88676e62002906707b9f0380a_zps2ee8

7e5c6dc7f240699726542588192015fc_zps6595

b597603652f73611a16b9c6647d49837_zps5dae

Love the details, love the fabric, love the overall fit - need to make up my mind if I want to mess around with the side seams in order to get some more room in the waist or if I should size up...

Edited by Foxy2