The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Yep, the buckle's silver plated.  Sometimes I wear my black Equus belt with my RJBs, but otherwise, I always wear my FH belt. 

The only thing I've ever used to treat it is Equus's leather conditioner, I find that this moisturizes the leather without affecting the color or making the leather feel too soft and floppy, like other products I've used on past belts.

Izjcg6k.jpg

fOrHID4.jpg

i1ey2Zz.jpg

Got the sawtooth a few weeks ago with my christmas money but I messed up my sizing and just now got the exchange. Ended up going with my usual size in the end, and I'm glad I did. It's cut a little slimmer in the waist and the shoulders, but the same in the chest and a bit longer in the arms then my other size 42 westerns.

I like the fit:

DSC04468_zpsffb75989.jpg

Tough to really see, but its pretty hairy:

DSC04470_zps60d784aa.jpg

DSC04473_zps50ad9cbb.jpg

Cool detail shot I liked:

DSC04474_zps67dc3598.jpg

About time I joined this thread.

Picked up a pair of 3001-A at Cold Summer's advice. It's pretty slick denim. What I really like about it is the slight greenish cast to it, not to mention the interesting synthetic/natural combo.

Here's the post soak fit. Had them hemmed 2 inches after the soak as well.

Front_zps10a267fd.jpg

Back_zps3aaba8ec.jpg

Close-up_zps076911f3.jpg

With pleasure!

The boots are a semi-dress leather boot designed by me in a collaboration between Hall of Fade and BNV footwear. Some features are hidden lace eyelets, brass speed hooks at the top, chrome full grain leather, handmade leather Cuban heel.

You can find more info about it on Hall of Fade with a link on the side to our launch page. Don't want to risk getting the mods involved if I say too much here. ;)

Those look awesome, unorthodox.

I tried on a few more items this week, check out some pictures.  I tried on the Paisley printed western shirt with K015 kevlar jeans.  Then, a 100% wool sweater, which is seriously warm.

xddtnn4.jpg

dkX2aPk.jpg

UB7ujxT.jpg

eeTxGFk.jpg

Kyle.... is it just me or is there way more going on in the wabash work shirt than most flat head shirts?  It seriously feels like there was so much effort put into this thing.

That diamonds and dots wabash is pretty unreal, I wore mine yesterday.  While I understand what you mean regarding the level of effort put into that shirt (the random diamonds and dots pattern and how organic it looks, the thoughtful choice of a denim with intense vertical character even for Flat Head so that fading will be complimentary to the vertical lines of the wabash print, and the batshit crazy shape on the powder coated steel buttons being what I'd consider the high points) from my experience, that is about par for the course when it comes to Flat Head shirts.  The degree to which every aspect is considered, from how the garment is sewn an finished, to what are seemingly the most minute decisions pertaining to the fabrics used, continues to blow my mind on a daily basis.

I think the main thing that gets me on this one is the way it's sewn. It seems like there's a ridiculous amount of triple stitching throughout, including the variation of the green thread on the upper back, coupled with the ventilation holes on the armpits make me think that this shirt is almost equally over shirt. I can really see myself wearing this like a pair of jeans, multiple times a week.... Maybe this is how all of flat heads denim shirts feel but I was really surprised by how robust it feels.

Only negative is that the width of the sleeve cuff is super wide, but that can be easily fixed. I got a little half cuff going on right now so I think that ill probably hold off on any additional buttons in the meantime.

Agreed on using this shirt as an overshirt.  I'm wearing mine for the second day in a row right now, today as an overshirt layered over the blue/black FH mixed winter flannel.  Best of both worlds.  I love it for wearing open over t shirts in the spring too and summer too.  It only looks better as it starts to fade.

Hey guys, I'm looking to invest in a pair of F310's and have a few questions before buying them...

The only pair of quality denim i've had before is the SExI08, I had that in a 31 and they have gotten really uncomfortable (I think I have grown out of them).

How similar is the fit of these to the F310's?
And would a size 32 do me good?

I don't recall how the SExI08 ran in terms of sizing, but if it's similar to Imperial's stock sizing and they are too small for you now, it's likely you'd need to move up to 33 in Flat Heads.  If you measure the waist, I can tell you for sure.  The SExI08's are a touch skinnier than the F310…the SE05BSP is probably a more similar fit to be honest…a little roomier in the hips and a nice taper from the knees down.

How should you size on F310's?

TTS or go up?

All Pioneer denim from the Flat Head (3xxx) has a lot of shrinkage. You can expect the waist and thigh  the be around .5" less after a couple of soaks once they have fully stretched out. Most people will size up one from TTS. Take a good look at the waist and thigh in the size you think you need, take the shrinkage into account, and compare with a pair you own. That way, you'll choose the right size for you.