What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

11 hours ago, smoothsailor said:

Wow, that,s cool @Thanks_M8 my dialectic didn’t,t pick up what country it is.

Thanks! Your bike trip aswell, shoulf plan one for next year aswell ;)

Country is germany, more specifically southwest bavaria inbetween Lake Constance and Munich.

@MJF9 sure was, but great fun aswell. Can only recommend it ;)

Edited by Thanks_M8

On 8/18/2021 at 3:20 PM, Duke Mantee said:

@Foxy2 is that something to read while you research coffee and cakes?

On 8/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, smoothsailor said:

Opening a small coffee shop @Foxy2?

hey, here in Germany we take "Kaffee und Kuchen" very serious!

Thanks Mike, one major design flaw.. the slot to the left of the drawer was meant to house his PS4, i put a neat hole at the back to allow for the HDMI and power cables but on my way to bed i could hear some high pitched whirring noise coming from his room, i went upstairs and the PS4 was mad-hot (intensive mining or crafting or whatevs) obviously not enough air circulation so ive moved it and plugged the hole.. no one needs to know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not been on sufu for a while, and I should post some updates on the TCB contest thread, but here are some photos I took on a hike up the Pacific coast which was mostly in Olympic National Park a couple months ago. I actually did most of the hike in my TCBs which was funny because hiking in denim is against all Official Hiking Rules. It was actually kinda funny because I ran into a guide group of completely newbie hikers (who had camped nearby) and I apologized to the group leader for setting a horrendous example to them. He said, 'Yeah, if one of them showed up in jeans at the trailhead I would not had let them on the hike." Let it be known though, I did have appropriate gear and clothing. After this trip we got hit with 120F (49C) temps outside my house (officially 108F in the city I think) which sucked.

I was shocked this tree was still standing. But maybe not for long.

tree.jpg.c59e594de2f5c92816a07cd98f941e4b.jpg

TCB S40s in front of a camp. I did wash them after the trip and repaired the back of the cuffs. It was actually hard to find campsites on/near the beach because it was a super full moon and high tide brought the water all the way up to the trees and most of the terrain was very cliff-y beyond the beach

headless.jpg.3efb5622a2395c0141748f1a50fdd8a0.jpg

Threatened rain all trip, but fortunately none came down,

legs.jpg.ab216fabf4b0784ad49f0df0aaab7e92.jpg

One campsite. The water eventually lapped up to that piece of driftwood beside the tent.

tentpano.jpg.68b5472b8f290f81d499640ae8b1c0c5.jpg

Evening panoramic (a bit obviously stitched together) of the cove we spent most of the time in. During most of the time, the tides blocked off both ends so no one could pass so it was very cut off. During low tide one could walk out through the tidepools to those large rocks way in the distance.

eveningpano.jpg.668b4fad5ad17fc550197ecc46ef3ea6.jpg

Someone collected a bunch of crabs.

crab.jpg.9f67694c1e63e5e940574fd84b90f2d6.jpg

Big whale bone. There were a lot of bones and huge pieces of vertebrae and shells in mound that had just been recently exposed so it was clearly a processing area in the distant past.

bone.jpg.08a2fafe2acaff64c226a4cd8479cf04.jpg

Tide is going out in this tidepool.

tidepool.jpg.10b9ce6c30e2717e87a9939b6132fb8d.jpg

Hole-in-the-wall. The tides totally block this during high tide, but in this case one can escape overland up the steep cliff on the left.

holeinthewall.jpg.a5ba685cd6e13963dbadc4638f750b01.jpg

Edited by djungelorm

Drove down to New Mexico last week for a couple friends' wedding; decided to make the most of the trip & went for a quick hike in the Pecos Wilderness, just east of Santa Fe

It's easy to forget that New Mexico has real mountains. In my mind, as an outsider, it's all high desert—with some nice hills, maybe, but nothing properly up there. Made it to camp the first afternoon and found myself swimming in an alpine lake at 12k', which was a great surprise; if there had been more clouds in the sky (or if I'd thought to bring long pants) I might have made it up to some summits well past 13. The scenery was consistently pretty, but what really made me fall for the area, as a [draught-ridden] Californian, was just how much water was flowing, even now in late Summer. Never needed to carry more than a couple liters with me at a time, & it was beautiful

Featuring (though not shown) Bubo Skagit & Bushmaster, + White's Hikers. This was my first serious use of the Skagit, and it did a lovely job—definitely worthy of some real wear. Meanwhile, really not a fan of the Bushmaster shorts, as much as I'd like to be—the overall design's great and the material's a good fit, but they're put together terribly—more on that later, maybe

t4in7Wg.jpg

LUeD7Rq.jpg

133Q0b2.jpg

ivWYCy0.jpg

fNxNTgv.jpg

9eUnX7M.jpg

yPEITbD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^^^cont..

Finally got my kids attic room finished

Painted his old pine wardrobes with F&B

fullsizeoutput_3230.thumb.jpeg.607a66109a4cabcde1cdecd29f445f26.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_323a.thumb.jpeg.6d8aea11c2d0b38be78df25162df88cf.jpeg

Mr Bingo's 'Rasheed Does A Kickflip'

fullsizeoutput_323f.thumb.jpeg.e3b6bb6a249394e2535511ba5cf6041d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_323e.thumb.jpeg.a0d8623269e435a6127a3a74e4efbc67.jpeg

Plants from Gravel Pit on Abbeydale Rd and some 'Made in Sheffield' cast iron shelf brackets

fullsizeoutput_3231.thumb.jpeg.d7089e47814d49a92f06878aa0e702cf.jpeg

Dunk Tree print i saved from 2006

fullsizeoutput_3232.thumb.jpeg.65de5f612520d245628dac78d0f963eb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_323b.thumb.jpeg.eb56dd7035477297824c4d98b8462bd7.jpeg

...so i bashed his head in with my Louisville Slugger... B)

fullsizeoutput_3238.thumb.jpeg.3b4c3134342d863314be90ab21942268.jpeg

Nice view over Whiteley Woods when he's tall enough to see out^

fullsizeoutput_323c.thumb.jpeg.74b2bf36fe836228f1361a97d7bdedef.jpeg

Edited by Double 0 Soul

^That's an old Wilson mitt

The Louisville Slugger is a bit chipped and dinked cos when i was living in rented digs, my bed was totally fucked so i made a new'un at work and asked the landlord to remove the old one, she didn't and it was stuck in the back garden for ages so in the end i battered it into pieces with the baseball bat, i regret it now but i didn't have a TV back then and it was cheap entertainment :D... not long after, i was having a fire in the garden (to burn the bed and other stuff) and i set the nextdoor neighbours fence on fire so i ran into the bathroom (which oddly, was downstairs) turned the bath tap on full blast in a panic and the tap came off in my hand so i had a fire in the garden and a flood in the bathroom occuring at exactly the same time :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

6 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

What happened next then OO? You can’t leave us hanging

..I didn't know where the stop tap was so i covered the tap in towels and by the time i found it, the neighbour had called the fire brigade who put the fire out and sent a bill to "the occupier" for £115, (i thought it was a free service) i moved out not long after.

Edited by Double 0 Soul