Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Yeah can't wait to get the shirts sorted out. I have been working on this western style one for a long time now...just trying to save up for some custom pearl snaps!

had a feeling it would be a western - fine by me! 

also, expect an SR6 order from me shortly. i simply can't say no to a 15oz Cobra.

I think I want a pair of Caribous in 32 but this is only my second real pair (aside from my first undbrandeds). My BSPs are 11.5 in the top thigh and 9 in the mid thigh and they're too tight, I can't squat down in them ect. The 32 Caribou is 12.5 and 9.75. I really don't have enough experience to know what difference an inch makes, will it be a lot more room?

I think I want a pair of Caribous in 32 but this is only my second real pair (aside from my first undbrandeds). My BSPs are 11.5 in the top thigh and 9 in the mid thigh and they're too tight, I can't squat down in them ect. The 32 Caribou is 12.5 and 9.75. I really don't have enough experience to know what difference an inch makes, will it be a lot more room?

It really depends how tight those BSPs are fitting you currently to gauge--if they're strangling your thighs, then the difference might only make it go to form-fitting tight, whereas if they just hug your thighs, it may make the transition into a slim-style fit.

From my experiences, a whole inch can be the difference between a skinny-hugging fit to a slim.  Either that, or I am terrible at taking measurements..haha.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Edited by eXtremity03

Unexpectedly received my Mustangs today!  I was just about to head to the Humane Society to volunteer, too! Glad I waited a bit, haha.

The fit is exactly what I've been looking for!

Thanks Andy for an amazing pair of raw denim jeans!  :)

Btw, Andy, for what duration of time do you suggest/recommend we do our initial-first soak prior to wearing?  I plan to not wash these for a few months.  What about all you other AW Denim owners--do you guys do an initial-soak at all, or just wear them straight out of the package?

Edited by eXtremity03

Yeah, I understand that they're going to shrink very minimally because they are sanforized, but supposedly an initial soak will release some of the starch--which will make the jeans more comfortable/easier to break-in?

And for some reason, I recall that doing an initial soak will prolong the life of the denim, but I'm not sure if I recall that correctly, haha.

Yeah, I understand that they're going to shrink very minimally because they are sanforized, but supposedly an initial soak will release some of the starch--which will make the jeans more comfortable/easier to break-in?

And for some reason, I recall that doing an initial soak will prolong the life of the denim, but I'm not sure if I recall that correctly, haha.

Both of those points are true, but since they are softer from the get go creases won't set in as quickly or as well as they do for stiff starchy denim which may impact the fading. It's probably more a question of preference than anything though because in the long term it probably won't make much of a difference. 

The Mustang fit is amazing--pretty much the ideal jean fit I've been looking for all this time.  It will fit quite snug in the thighs however if you're a regular lifter, but still a great fit.

I've decided to not do an initial-soak, and just wear them raw.  Damn, these are uncomfortable as hell right now, haha!  Can't wait for these to break in and just feel super comfortable.

Edited by eXtremity03

Warning: 15oz SR6 pics ahoy

These arrived in the mail yesterday, my new Cobra's. Beautiful denim. Super crispy, with an awesome deep inky tone to the colour - almost purplish in some ways. Threw in some comparison shots also with my semi-retired 13.5oz Cobra's - easy to see here the change in pocket size that Ande has made since last year's cuts.

10077533493_6b77ff3ab1_c.jpg

10077541793_77364735a9_c.jpg

10077489936_16703b60ce_c.jpg

10077557733_2688a6d839_c.jpg

10077431914_bb6827319c_c.jpg

10077511926_a6f88050ce_c.jpg

10077578073_c2199e64ab_c.jpg

I thought the sr6 had the poncho cloth by the pockets

Yeah, it has the poncho details but you also have the option of ordering them with plain facings too.

Hi guys. With the new SR6 I always had the option for plain or poncho cloth facings and originally I had the back pockets blank....I have had quite a few people asking for the option for the Wings stitching though, sooooo I changed it so you can just choose whatever for this lot! 

Edited by theotherchrislewis