Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Definitely do the Okinawas when it's time. The combination of the sugar cane thread and left hand twill makes them truly unique, and they can get a lot of different looks depending on how you care for them.

Personally I'm working towards a streaky, summery fade.

I agree. As much as we rush out to get every new model of a certain brand that has a slight gimmick or difference in cut/denim/dye etc, the vast majority aren't really THAT different from each other. Okis however are so unique in their look. Every detail from the denim to the snake patch is so unique you can spot a pair from a mile away without any closeups.

^^ Seriously, how many right hand twill, rope dyed indigo jeans at 14.5oz do we need? This is why I've reduced my collection to a few pairs with unique identifiers and fabrics that are unavailable elsewhere. I've also sworn off all new purchases until I cannot find a non-busted pair of pants to wear in the morning.

Brands like Sugar Cane don't just make interesting looking and feeling clothes, they make durable clothes; clothes that will reward you with a long life of both looking good and staying strong when properly cared for. The whole business of accepting crotch rips as inevitable and retiring pants after a year (or sometimes less) reeks of hype and the sort of disposable culture and consumerist attitude that purchasing a quality garment ought to discourage.

What's the sizing like for the 1974 Type ii? I'm a true 33 waist, was thinkig going true to size if I pull the trigger. Maybe a 34?

edit: actually, are the ones on supra-quintessence one washed? The measurements seem like they are.

I have these in OW and TTS is the way to go.

Okis looking awesome, Wasabi! Could you give us a rundown on time/washes?

No idea. over 2 years but I rotate em. They reek of pot regardless of when or how I wash em

Are those okinawas it lht? the leg twist is going in the lht direction but I always thought that the non-natural indigo okinawa's were rht

if your talking to me theyre lht... don't know about the non natural indigo part

• 2 weeks later...

66 is pretty slim

Actually they're not. I bought a size 38 SC66, same tagged size as my LVC 66s. The SC started an inch bigger in the waist, but we much bigger every where else. I'd have had to drop down to at least a 36 to get the SCs to fit like the LVC, but then the waist might have been too small because the denim SC uses shrinks pretty hard.

you should prolly list the size, jus sayin

This is such an excellent point haha.. The size is 30. I'll post it with pictures in the market later today so I don't spam up the discussion.

Loving the description in this "The impression that I tried on: 12oz is the cloth which it is easy to wear while being chewy not to think of to be it"

Couldn't agree more! But on a serious note, I'm in North Carolina and the weight on these is perfect considering the projected high in my city for February 1st is 68 degrees :wacko: