Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 1 month later...

I have a pair of regular Okis, and a pair of persimmon-dyed Okis. Until I lose motivation, I'm going to try to put in equal amount of wear in both, and document how they age together. So far I'm only a month in on each (well, at least that I've photographed), so there's not a ton to see.

img0364nt.jpg

img0363vk.jpg

img0362hu.jpg

img0367pe.jpg

img0366dp.jpg

img0365qs.jpg

Edited by surly

• 2 weeks later...

A question to the experts; I came across these two pairs which I both like (same model?).

What is the difference between them? There must be one since the 2nd pair is 180.- euros cheaper.

The only difference I can see is that the 2nd pair has an ostrich leather patch on the back.

SugarCane_jeans_Star_back[1].jpg

sexsc_sufu_04.jpg

Edited by Crat

the ostrich leather patch was a (self edge) collab and that store is not self edge. harder to get=more money.

A question to the experts; I came across these two pairs which I both like (same model?).

What is the difference between them? There must be one since the 2nd pair is 180.- euros cheaper.

The only difference I can see is that the 2nd pair has an ostrich leather patch on the back.

the ostrich leather patch was a (self edge) collab and that store is not self edge. harder to get=more money.

SExSC02 [w/ ostrich leather patch] denim were 14.5oz double ringspun [same material used on SC 1955 "Stovepipes"].__ imo, a waaay better quality denim than the other pair in question.

Xposting my pair:

height= 5'11" :: weight= 180 lbs approx. :: jeans size= W33x32, 33-34 w/cuffs [ i don't stack ]

SExSC02 :: 14.5 Double Ringspun [from The SC 1955] :: TTS @33

SExSCfit-1.jpg

@1.5 mos [effective wear] x 2 hotsoaks :: current measurements : w= 34, ins= 34, f/r= 10, b/r= 13.5, u/t= 11.25, kn= 8.25, l/o= 8

Update: these were set aside to make room for some newly acquired jeans in my rotation :: 'picked up from where i left off [approx. 2mos ago]__ @3.5mos effective wear :: 5 soaks, no wash

lost 10 lbs on current fit photo as compared to last [above: wherein thighs are fuller]

SExSCfit3.jpg

zzz262.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

I know this stuff has been posted before but 10 sachets of washing powder for £55!

http://www.togged.co..._5675_6_na.html

the mark up for SugaCane products here in Europe is already ridiculous enough. Especially from togged. Dunno, are they the main representant for SugarCane in Europe?

SugarCane is one of the cheapest premium denim brands in Japan so I don't get why they make them that expensive (ok...they want to make money. i get that)

let's take the standard 1947 model.

It costs 13,440 Yen in Japan which is 174 US-$

And at togged the same pair costs 219,99 GBP = 344 US-$

every person buying from this shop is an idiot

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

erk, is that type I or II? fantastic and I love the single-fold cuffs.

if you mean the jeans, they're old type 1 1947s from back when they still had arcs and red tab. the arcs are almost gone now, but the tab remains. thanks!

save_sfu; these canes look amazing; u should patch the holes and rips and keep wearing them. Id like to see some pictures in natural light as well

I think they're a tad looser than a 66, I'd say tts for raw, some of the measurements quoted for one wash especially for size 32's are all all over the place; like they were dried at the back of a jet engine.

i feel like hemming would be a bad idea. no mini cuff?