Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Hey shinobi2000, they are first dyed with different color vegetable dyes and then overdyed with indigo (Ai, I think). And yeah, the colors only show with fading.

rocco, wait till the colors start to show, it's a riot!

Yeah, looking forward to that. As I said, great jeans anyway. Given th price point, I doubt if it's Ai (natural indigo) though. They fade quite a bit faster than my SC40400 too. Could be wrong though. (and yes, fade they do, colours come slow but they will!)

Thanks again Lance for pointing me in the right dietion with these.

Does anybody have the persimmon, tea or cement dyed Okinawas? The last few pairs left are one size up from my indigo Okis, but the sizing chart seems to indicate the special edition ones ran smaller. Any truth to this?

I have the mud dyed okis and the regular okis. It is hard to compare sizing though since the mud dyed ones are a 34 and the regular okis are a 32. But I will say that the 34 mud dyed ones definitely feel like they are 2 sizes up. Hope that helps.

Also, more pics of those rainbows please!

SC model lineup i started way back. might help reference some pairs. if anyone wants to help me track down the models that have come out since i did it i can add it to the top post

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35968

this hasnt been updated in nearly 4 years so theres a lot missing im sure

Any good reiviews on the 1966 models?

Do you have any specific questions about them? I have a pair (size 38), and absolutely love the denim. They are very high waisted, and rather full fitting compared to the same size LVC 66. Wish I could have gotten them a size smaller, but then I'd have had issues with the waist. They start bigger than tagged, but shrink at least an inch below it.

Just come in to possession of some lovely new raw okis (thank you mr commordorewheeler!).

Hope this isn't too dumbarse a question, but wanted to know what anyone recommends for treating the leather patch?

The usual stuff like Obernauf's, Montana Pitch Blend? Or do I need to head to the nearest reptile house???

Much obliged.

yea i remember washing my pair and although the scales didnt get destroyed, they were noticeably affected by the wash. i dont think theres much you can do about it though. its like the Hawaiis and the hairy patch that will start to fall apart with time. just embrace it