Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I just bought a pair of Okinawas from Self Edge and even though those and some other Sugar Canes are one wash, I see some people soak them before they wear them. What's the purpose of that? Does it affect fading or shrink them any?

No need to soak em, just wear them straight away, they've already been soaked for you.

I just bought a pair of Okinawas from Self Edge and even though those and some other Sugar Canes are one wash, I see some people soak them before they wear them. What's the purpose of that? Does it affect fading or shrink them any?

My 40300 Okinawas took about 2 cold water soaks with SC detergent after the initial soak to get all the shrink out.

Not sure about the 40301...

You might want to soak them to make them slightly stiffer and set your creases, but it isn't necessary.

Am I blind, can't seem to see the SExSC06, only the SExSC02?

Though they're not labeled as such I'm pretty sure these are the SExSC06's

http://store.okiya.eu/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=12&product_id=98

The detailing/hardware matches with what mine have. Unless Sugar Cane created a highly similar model with a straighter cut.

^They are probably very similar although not officially SExSC06. There was a pair of slack weave SCs with specs almost identical to SExSC06 for sale in Japan when I was there last. The SExSC06 were most likely just a slightly customised (leather patch/pocket fabric difference?) version of these jeans.

Anyone have any experience with the Sweet Recycle denim? I was hoping to get an idea on how they fit. Also any cool characteristics owners may have noticed.

I have the 1947 Type I and if they're anything like that I think I might pick up a pair.

they run only even sizes. i went true to size with my pair and they were actually too big. was too scared to size down 2 as the front rise scared my balls. if only they made a 29. really nice denim and really nice colors. id suggest picking up a pair if you can find your size

http://store.okiya.eu/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=12&product_id=98

The detailing/hardware matches with what mine have. Unless Sugar Cane created a highly similar model with a straighter cut.

Slack denim - that was and is the oficial name for that model..

I believe that's the Ryukyu-ai mix slack-weave model (sc40601), which the SE collab. is based off.

Had the chance to handle a pair a couple years back when I proxied it for a friend.

Denim is 13 oz, quite hairy & slubby, very nice.

The mark-up on these in Europe is HUGE though; these may be copped direct from Japan for around $200 excluding shipping.

I believe that's the Ryukyu-ai mix slack-weave model (sc40601), which the SE collab. is based off.

Had the chance to handle a pair a couple years back when I proxied it for a friend.

Denim is 13 oz, quite hairy & slubby, very nice.

The mark-up on these in Europe is HUGE though; these may be copped direct from Japan for around $200 excluding shipping.

Indeed it is the SC40601... a very nice pair indeed, if not one of my favorites.

Markup is not that high, but is is so expensive to import these, japanese garments in general, into europe.

Not helping is the strong Yen, and also, we hope that the EU commission finds a solution regarding trading with Asia soon.

Anyone has info regarding trading between USA/Asia? Thx.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed by the forever shrinking Satobiki line, which is my personal favourite :(

The inclusion of MF stuff in their regular catalogue is pretty cool though!

Indeed it is the SC40601... a very nice pair indeed, if not one of my favorites.

Markup is not that high, but is is so expensive to import these, japanese garments in general, into europe.

Not helping is the strong Yen, and also, we hope that the EU commission finds a solution regarding trading with Asia soon.

Anyone has info regarding trading between USA/Asia? Thx.

Still, 380 pounds for the sc40601 is a pretty big mark-up no matter which way you spin it.

But SC's stuff are always marked up much more compared to other Japanese denim brands in the Western market, whereas sister brands like BR's and MF collabs. are actually OK priced (in the US anyway, e.g. the new Californian jeans from SE is actually cheaper than buying from Japan)...I don't quite understand why Toyo is doing this.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed by the forever shrinking Satobiki line, which is my personal favourite :(

The inclusion of MF stuff in their regular catalogue is pretty cool though!

Still, 380 pounds for the sc40601 is a pretty big mark-up no matter which way you spin it.

But SC's stuff are always marked up much more compared to other Japanese denim brands in the Western market, whereas sister brands like BR's and MF collabs. are actually OK priced (in the US anyway, e.g. the new Californian jeans from SE is actually cheaper than buying from Japan)...I don't quite understand why Toyo is doing this.

I agree, that is a huge markup. 379 pounds is the equivalent of $607.96 USD at current exchange rates. Those jeans retail for $233.12 USD right now in Japan at current exchange rates, and even SELA which has to import them, has a couple of pairs that they are selling for $299.

I agree, that is a huge markup. 379 pounds is the equivalent of $607.96 USD at current exchange rates. Those jeans retail for $233.12 USD right now in Japan at current exchange rates, and even SELA which has to import them, has a couple of pairs that they are selling for $299.

Guys, don't take € for £! If you take it that way, it is HUGE indeed.