Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Why doesn't Sams come back out with the 710s in Black? :( Oh, and hibernate's got the best 710's on the block

Because the black 710 was originally a 2008 special edition, and generally they don't repeat their special edition specs.

It was later repeated, although not with the same specs, in their collab. with BiG (which wasn't intended for their domestic customers.)

You never know though, it may appear as a future collaboration with another retailer (like it did with BiG) or as a special edition some years down the track.

19oz is the only thing i hate about the black knights. too heavy == denim noob overhype.

Yeah, maybe??? Two good points about the heavier denim: 1.The starch doesn't kill the denim as much as the 13oz denim you like. 2. When I do wash them, the weave gets pretty tight, making them wind repellent. Great for midwestern winters.

Yeah, maybe??? Two good points about the heavier denim: 1.The starch doesn't kill the denim as much as the 13oz denim you like. 2. When I do wash them, the weave gets pretty tight, making them wind repellent. Great for midwestern winters.
What's two oz's matter?
2 oz is a lot.... huge step up/down. you ain't ever play with 2 zips of herb? takes you from ground level to cloud 9.

No. 2oz makes no difference. In fact just because it is heavier doesn't mean the weave is tighter. IH for example makes 23oz denim which breathes better then the 14.5oz denim I have from TFH SE05BSP/Eternal 811. The 15oz denim from the SEXI08 is 0.5oz heavier than the 05/811 yet it feels considerably softer and less weighty. I also have the SEXIH07BK (19oz) and they are by far the tightest weave out of all the jeans I own. No wind penetrates them at all.

Need quick help guys...just got my S710xx today...

it is loose in the waist...like 1" gap...will it shrink good amount?

on the length, can I expect it to shrink 2.5"?

should I machine wash or hot soak? any tips for getting best shrinkage results without losing too much indigo?

77698268.jpg

46001603.jpg

The waist will shrink ~1 inch with a hot soak. But my 710s stretched out another 1.5-2 inch when being worn. The inseam will shrink between 2-3 inches I think. Hot washes will get the most shrinkage done for you, but you might want to think about exchanging for a smaller size since Sams stretch quite a bit

I don't think you need to worry about indigo loss with Samurai Jeans...you'll be fine; I recommend a warm machine wash (inside out) packed with towels to avoid weird abrasion...as the denim creases and sets pretty quickly, you don't want it to fluctuate between multiple soaks and the eventual wash.

My old 710 started fading after around 3 weeks, so I think it would be a good idea to get the shrinkage out of the way before any significant wear.

yeah no need to be afraid when posting a great pair instead of asking silly sizing questions ;)
welcome to sufu

Thank you. I look forward to posting more often. :)

and Thank you on your comments. I think these jeans have about 13-14 months of wear. It went through 2 washes and 3-4 soaks. Unfortunately I retired these and am currently working on my FH F380s.

Thank you. I look forward to posting more often. :)

and Thank you on your comments. I think these jeans have about 13-14 months of wear. It went through 2 washes and 3-4 soaks. Unfortunately I retired these and am currently working on my FH F380s.

why are they retired?