Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Checkin' in after reading this entire thread... took a few days (weeks?) but hey what better to do than get schooled in the way of the Samurai.

I am looking for a slightly more tapered alternative to Momotaro 0201s but with a higher rise than the Momotaro 0701 offers, and the S710XX caught my eye. Would like to end up post wash with 18.5" (37) waist, no more than 2" shrinkage in the inseam (38) and at least 13.5" thighs.

I think I'm kind of between sizes, would I go tagged size 36 or 38?

I will probably wash lukewarm/cold and never hot wash these to preserve the inseam so I'm thinking 36. My only concern is that my 0201s have 14" thighs that are already pretty slim, so 710s might not be for me. However I kind of need the extra 1.5" inseam length vs. the 0500s to account for shrinkage.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread, it's a great resource. I hope to contribute myself and post pics in the future.

Where do you plan to order from? That's also kinda important as you might have the chance to exchange them when ordering from certain shops.

On top of that, if the thighs are the biggest concern you might better look into the S0500XX which will give you some more room in that area

i was wondering what has been taking me so long to fade the black knights, but this week, the color has really been falling. so happy to have a pair of these.

I got frustrated with mine (slow fade) but they are my go-to black jeans. Looking forward to seeing pics.

^pics please poly

I quote this because I want some pics too :)

and now for something completely different:

for all who thought their S3000VX has a flaw on the inner crotch seam (notice the open denim just below the fly)

taisennui-001.jpg

This was done with intent. I first thought my pair would be defective

I'll post some pics when they are solid. Might be a bit. I posted some pics a while back next to my s5000bks. But the s710 is growing on me, the only complaint is the weight, it's a bit thick for me. I'm not a huge thick denim guy. But they are coming in nicely. Happy to see how these turn out at the 2 year mark, as that's usually my mark for jeans these days.

How much will 710's shrink? (Size 30) I'm a true waist size 30, and I believe they come 31" and shrink 1" after hot soak.

My waist shrank one inch from the tagged waist size.

I ordered a size 32, with an initial waist of 33, and after the soak the waist was 32 inches.

But after wearing it for about 3 weeks now, the waist has stretched back to a 33.

I don't regret sizing the way i did at all, this just makes for a comfortable fit.

My waist shrank one inch from the tagged waist size.

I ordered a size 32, with an initial waist of 33, and after the soak the waist was 32 inches.

But after wearing it for about 3 weeks now, the waist has stretched back to a 33.

I don't regret sizing the way i did at all, this just makes for a comfortable fit.

robosco..may I know your weight and height?

I also bought size 32...but mine much loser than you, and my true waist is like 32.5"

S003JP sizing advice? For best estimate of my size...my size 28 unwashed/unsoaked Skull 5010xx 6x6 raws which I guess have stretched since wearing them fit me very well. Should I go for a 29 or 30 in S003JP's which i plan on soaking?

i go with the size 30 with these 2. slim fit me very well.

correctly sized. not skinny fit.

be care about the rise. the S003 have a lower rise. the waist stretch. 2" in my case. again look at the rise frzn.

i will say try the 29.

the denim of the S003 is really amazing!