Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

the soak itself will cause negligible indigo loss. if you agitate the jeans while soaking, then there will be some indigo loss. if you wear the jeans when they are wet and cause abrasion, there will be some increased indigo loss at the areas that were abraded. the 710's will continue to shrink more even after the 3rd wash, so depending on the fit you want, they might not be too loose after all.

Samurai S5000BK Size 34 Lot.12 (SDO)

pre soak (excuse the grandma-socks)

S5000bkpresoak.jpg

post soak

s5000bkpostsoak.jpg

Measurements pre and post soak. Soaked once with light agitation by hand. Hottest tap water, maybe one hour in. Never had a pair of Samurai shrink that much!

waist: 34,5 / 32

front rise: 11,5 / 11

back rise: 14,75 / 14,25

thigh: 13 / 12

knee: 9,875 / 9,25

leg opening: 9,25 / 8,75

inseam: 38,5 / 35,75

Never was that much into black denim but ah_long changed my mind ;)

The contrast between the copper rivets and the black denim is so freaking nice.

And a bonus pic. Some guys refered to "squid jizz" :D

P1020134.jpg

I'm so glad I sold you these, they fit you perfectly..

you make me wanna soak my S3000BK

Have they ever made the Jin denim in S710 cut? That's probably my ideal pair right now. I love my Wranglers, but the fit isn't that great on me since I have skinny legs. But much better than S5000 since I sized correctly and hemmed to almost no stacking.

the soak itself will cause negligible indigo loss. if you agitate the jeans while soaking, then there will be some indigo loss. if you wear the jeans when they are wet and cause abrasion, there will be some increased indigo loss at the areas that were abraded. the 710's will continue to shrink more even after the 3rd wash, so depending on the fit you want, they might not be too loose after all.

Would doing a second hot soak with Woolite or Woolite black, Help to ensure minimal loss of indigo? I also, am contemplating doing a second hot soak on the same pair.

Have they ever made the Jin denim in S710 cut? That's probably my ideal pair right now. I love my Wranglers, but the fit isn't that great on me since I have skinny legs. But much better than S5000 since I sized correctly and hemmed to almost no stacking.

not as far as i know

Would doing a second hot soak with Woolite or Woolite black, Help to ensure minimal loss of indigo? I also, am contemplating doing a second hot soak on the same pair.

all that fear about indigo loss...dudes, we're talking about SAMURAI!

there's enough indigo!!! you can soak them 3, 4 or 5 times and it won't hurt.

Some throw 'em in a machine and wash them and they'll be fine.

And I never thought I would say it: "they are just jeans!" ;)

after 3 wahses the shins on my 66-2 are still dark as fuck (it's kinda hard to get wear on the shins)

I don't think the first post is correct anymore because gimmegimme isn't postind here anymore

time to play a game of ID these jeans..

and no, there's no tag on them, so no I can't just read the model number..

facts:

-Silver line selvage

-lot 12

-sun rise buttons

-contrast stitching as opposed to black on black stitching normally found on black Sammies

-black old style arcs

-if memory serves me correctly, the hang tag said these are S3000BK, but from my limited research, all S3000BKs have painted arcs..

-straight cut

-regular A tab (so i doubt this is a limited edition)

- and no, these are definitely not fake

here are some pics

web.jpg?ver=12906811020001

web.jpg?ver=12906811300001

web.jpg?ver=12906811540001

web.jpg?ver=12906811820001

web.jpg?ver=12906812060001