Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

my opinion on the s0500xx -

i think there's a big difference in the irregularity of the denim - the texas cotton feels very rough compared to most of my jeans like evisus, flat heads, levis , or sugar canes. Often you would find rogue knots on the surface which adds a nice texture or feel to it. I think it feels comfortable given that the jeans are rougher than most, but it feels durable as well.

in terms of fades, i feel like the 0500 fades milder than the 710. all the 710s i have seen on sufu are very contrasty.

Nice pics b_F, were they from that Sandy girl (man, can't remember name atm)?

Wouldn't the pics be of the mill that Samurai sources their denim from, not actually Samurai themselves?

Actually, I'm curious to know how much of the production Samurai actually does in-house?

Are they actually the jeans makers, or do they contract that out to another factory as well?

AAFIK, Samurai don't produce the denim on its own and has other mills doing it for them. I think that's the way most companies do it.

I don't know which Japanese companies have own looms. Momotaro has, right? Maybe you could enligthen me :)

About the assembling. I also don't know if they have a contract with other factories but I wouldn't be surprised.

That are all question, Gordon could answer :)

And the name is Sandy, yes ;)

Apart from Momo I'm not entirely sure who else also makes their own fabric.

I think SDA makes some of their own denim...

Judging by the way TFH custom makes a lot of their own fabrics, I dare say they might make some of their own denim too (I'm sure Kiya can chime in on this)?

Not sure mate - I think they source it...better ask Naoki or SDA directly.

Off topic, but more and more SDA are making their shirts and jackets in China.

E.g. a few years back all regular production T-shirts were loop-wheeled fabric made in Japan, now they're all made in China.

Hey, I hate doing this but I this thread is so colossal I couldn't find sizing advice.

I'm picking up a pair of the 17oz LTD ED S5000GX-M Water Element Models, and need some help. What is the shrinkage like on the S5000's in general? My jeans normally stretch out to a 32, and don't mind going through some pain to get a slimmer cut throughout. Suggestions??

argh if i didn't cop that jx lr i would soooo scoop up the 3000bks.

you can still take the S3000BK's... PM me and see what I can do

What is the waist measurement on the 24 510s?

32".. these should stretch right back out though..

If I sell the 24oz, I might end up keeping the 21oz for myself.. depending on which one I sell

Hey, I hate doing this but I this thread is so colossal I couldn't find sizing advice.

I'm picking up a pair of the 17oz LTD ED S5000GX-M Water Element Models, and need some help. What is the shrinkage like on the S5000's in general? My jeans normally stretch out to a 32, and don't mind going through some pain to get a slimmer cut throughout. Suggestions??

Did you not read the second post in this thread? It has sizing info for that cut.

isn't that a new denim? You probably won't find your answer unless you find someone who has that model to give you firsthand information.

i did, I want some shrinkage numbers. someone telling me 'size down 1 for this and 2 for that' doesn't cut it in my book.

shameless plug.. PM for details...

selling the following, all brand new unsoaked unworn..

all with arcs and tabs

Sz 34 S5000BK 17oz

Sz 28 S0510XX 19oz

Sz 31 S5000VX 21oz

Sz 31 S510XX 24oz LHT

Sz 30 S3000BK 17oz

If I was a fan of black denim I would buy the S5000BK. Good luck with your sale!

i did, I want some shrinkage numbers. someone telling me 'size down 1 for this and 2 for that' doesn't cut it in my book.

I own a pair of GX-Ms, but I bought them secondhand from someone who had already hot soaked them. So unfortunately, I don't know any exact shrinkage numbers for that model.

Realistically speaking, though, you should expect pretty much any Samurai jeans to shrink about 2" in the waist and 3" in the inseam after a few washes. After some wear, the waist can stretch back out to raw size and even a little bit beyond if needed.

My GX-M, Size 28, Went TTS

Pre/Post Hot Wash

Waist: 29.5/27.5

Inseam: 37.5/35

Front Rise: 10/9.25

Back Rise: 13.75/12.75

Thigh: 11.25/10.25

Hem: 8/7.5

Anyone have any experience getting sammies tailored? I have some 710s that fit perfect post soak until they stretched out a bit. They've got some hip flare that I'd like to get rid of and the waist has stretched out a bit too far. Would get getting them taken in about 1/2 inch on each leg fix this? or would I just ruin the proportions of the jeans and end up with weirdly spaced pockets?

Given that i perfectly understand the "be patient, wash them hot AGAIN before even thinking about tailoring" part and "wash them if you want them to shrink back", it has to be said that they'll stretch out in a matter of a few wears making the hip flare and other fit issues to resurface quickly.

I was actually thinking about having my 710 slightly tailored with half an inch taken in along the whole leg length.

Buying a new pair is NOT an option, and i can't find anyone willing to trade my 30 for a 29, so, tailoring looks like the best way to go for a better fit.

Some people blindly abide by the gospel "denim shouldn't be altered", and i'm happy for them if they are strong believers in dogmas (and big spenders at the main premium denim outlets), however i think a slight correction made by a competent tailor is not the end of the world, or an unforgivable blasphemy towards denim religion.

I would like to hear, if there is any denim heretic out there, about their first hand experience with Sams alterations.

There's a pair of altered 710 on the supermarket at the moment, tapered from the knee down, that looks perfectly ok (and the owner hasn't been hit by any holy lightning, yet).

I was thinking about going the same way with mine. Any Suggestion would be very much appreciated