Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hi guys,

Been lurking this thread for a little while and wanted to confirm something about the sizing. I usually wear Nudie AJ 32, APC NS 31, KMW 32...shitty denim I know but at least its common enough some of you to have come in contact with. Anyhow, am I correct in thinking I should go with 31 in S0500XX if I only plan on hot soaking once and then not washing for a veryyyyyyyyyy long time. I am going for a fit somewhat similar to APC NS. Also, what is normal shipping time for kaizoku-pirates in US?

Thanks,

-ffatt

I have finally decided to get a pair of s0500xx after a month of researching but now the problem is, i dont want to get a pair without the arcs and i dont know how to order them from japan. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Obviously didn't research well enough then. Check the sales thread for a Japanese proxy like sharpservice. Hides the man

^good to hear that they finally responded.

for Samura it's not necessary to use a proxy but Hide-san from sharpservice would be the first person to contact if you go the proxy-way.

about the arcs&tabs: as Samurai switzched all their arcs to black arsc with a tweaked design you'll find these arcs on every pair in Japan and the US. Old stock with yellow arcs is pretty sold out

Read it somewhere in the thread, but can anybody confirm that BiG sells Samurai Thunder Soap and what their price point is? I emailed Gordon but he's in Japan right now and hasn't responded back.

I ask because I'm approaching the 6 month mark in a couple weeks and the Jin+Zeroes are, appropriately enough, starting to look (and smell) like they haven't been washed in 6 months.

I'm sure I could go through Rakuten or some other Japanese source but if I can get it stateside, I'd rather go that route. Also, what's the deal with Dr. Bronner's? Went to their website and couldn't get a straight answer about which soap is actually used for clothing (lots of images and descriptions that sounded more like hand soap and whatnot).

As you can guess, this'll be my first wash so I'm also very willing to admit that I don't have all the info on which detergent is best and why or if it even matters at all.

Advice is welcome.

Single one wash packets are a buck, 1/2 kilo is 20bucks, kilo is 30bucks

Thanks for the quick response, Alex. The soap isn't up on the BiG site, is it? I couldn't find it.

So, do any 1/2 to 1 kilo owners know how many washes you get out of those sizes? Also, if I recall, aren't the directions in Japanese. Was it one tablespoon for one wash or did I make that up?

Guest Midnite8

Lol I'm definitely going to be wearing my sammies 24/7, I have nothing else to wear except some pretty worn Skulls that I borrowed from iGit. GG i has no jeans lOL

I missed them too. IMO the perfect jeans.

I am getting in on the 18oz 500s with Beautiful Freak though. Almost as good except missing the golden arcs.

Any of the Bonner's liquid soaps are the norm.

On a tangent, I wish Samurai would make a new another run of the 0500s in the 21oz denim. Favorite cut ever! I slept on the 2nd collab. :(

I have finally decided to get a pair of s0500xx after a month of researching but now the problem is, i dont want to get a pair without the arcs and i dont know how to order them from japan. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Try e-mailing Yuichi at Kaizoku Pirates (www.kaizoku-pirates.com). He might have a pair in your size with arcs/tabs.

I bought a pair of lot 12 s0500xx with arcs/tabs from him a few months ago.

I would like to buy S5000VX...big has them in black arc...but I want yellow arc. is it safe to get it from second? because they only speak japanese..

anyway, what is the different between the 17oz denim of s5000vx and 19oz of s710? same fade characteristic?

I would like to buy S5000VX...big has them in black arc...but I want yellow arc. is it safe to get it from second? because they only speak japanese..

You are right that 2nd is one of the few Rakuten stores that doesn't speak a word of English, but you are safe ordering from them. Just follow the ordering instructions on the Rakuten English site.

I see, those jeans I mentioned don't all run TTS. The measurements on those jeans seem to fall somewhere in between 31 and 32 listed on BiG. I am going for a somewhat slim fit, but how do the 0500XX vary around the hip/butt area in between sizes. Is it fairly roomy as is?

Thanks,

Yes...I would like to order from rakuten...but how can I instruct them to hem my jean? I would to have my jeans hem,but do not know how to tell them...if anyone can speak japanese, please compose it for me so that I can include it as the message to seller...

also, does anybody know the shipping rate approximately from rakuten?

Thanks for the quick response, Alex. The soap isn't up on the BiG site, is it? I couldn't find it.

So, do any 1/2 to 1 kilo owners know how many washes you get out of those sizes? Also, if I recall, aren't the directions in Japanese. Was it one tablespoon for one wash or did I make that up?

Yeah its not on the site just email Gordon on which size you want. I have the 1/2 kilo box.