Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

At BIG is earth, wind, fire and water. I thought this was the fifth and final element, Void with all black weft...

That's my understanding as well and hasn't been released yet. Not sure if I can appreciate the cut or the cinch back. I have chicken legs so fuller and wider fits doesn't look good on me, unless I size down like 1 or 2 lol

There are 6 pairs in total in this series, the 5 scrolls plus the Musashi jeans (which has the darkest colour of all).

Have a look at the Japanese Samurai retailers' websites for more details (e.g. 2nd).

I really like my Skull 5010XX 6x6 Raws and I think the S003JP's look cool, can anyone give me some info on them? Are they worth the extra hundred over the Skulls? They'll be really long on me, should I shrink them before I hem them? I never soaked or shrunk my Skulls.

requotting this for new page lol

The void model (S5000GX-S) is actually not out yet, to my knowledge. It is due this month, but I don't see any stores shipping it out yet.

just checked the samurai site, my mistake, you are correct. they had posted the void model a while ago so i just assumed they were shipping already.

Samurai always releases product info. early for pre-orders :)

Which is a nice move I think...

I absolutely hate being surprised by a delicious pair of special edition SDAs when I'm geared up to buy something else.

Ok here's another question

How do I size S003JP's?

The best indicator I can give of my TTS are the measurements for unwashed size 28 Skull 5010XX 6x6's shown here (because I've never washed mine)

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2933&category_id=&manufacturer_id=37&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

So based on that can someone tell me what size of S003JP's I should order taking into account how much they'll shrink/if the best thing to do would be shrink them?

thanks

True to size is never going to be a bad fit. Best shrink is always going to be a hot wash + machine dry.

Oh ok. The reason i asked is because a bunch of pages back someone posted some fit pics of the S003JP's that i thought fit pretty nice and everyone was saying "the post soak is going to murder you and stretching won't help"

and so is it recommended to wash samurai's right off the bat like you're saying or...?

unsanforized denim = wash/soak before you start to wear...that's my opinion about it

about the Musashi: mike is right, the Void was announced some time ago and is to be seen on www.e2nd.net along with all the other elemental models.

sometimes there's a lot of time between the announcement and the release. but check that:

Samurai said S500JX-LR would reach to me in late November or early

December.

Now size 28 , 31 , 34 , 35 , 38 and 40 are available.

But there are a few stock in each size.

That's what Yuichi wrote me about the S500JX-LR. Some sizes are already sold out even before the pairs are shipped out/finisehd.

Samurai always releases product info. early for pre-orders :)

Which is a nice move I think...

I absolutely hate being surprised by a delicious pair of special edition SDAs when I'm geared up to buy something else.

I totally agree, that's why I'm glad that SDA did release some advance info on the D1507. I'm gearing up to get that one when it comes out in December.

Hey guys! How's it going, haven't really posted anything up in a while so here are the current pair of jeans i'm wearing. Some s710 size 29 and have been worn since the end of April. Soaked twice at the beginning to rid of some shrinkage and soaked again at the end of summer for fun. These aren't exactly the best pictures I could have taken, but my friend and I were in a rush.

mg1118q.jpg

mg1122.jpg

mg1124.jpg

mg1106.jpg

mg1104.jpg

mg1108o.jpg

Ok here's another question

How do I size S003JP's?

The best indicator I can give of my TTS are the measurements for unwashed size 28 Skull 5010XX 6x6's shown here (because I've never washed mine)

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2933&category_id=&manufacturer_id=37&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

So based on that can someone tell me what size of S003JP's I should order taking into account how much they'll shrink/if the best thing to do would be shrink them?

thanks

FRZN,

i go with a 30 with the skulls and 30 also with the 003.

my TTS is 31.

warm soak will be enough with the 003. no need of intense pré-washing.

it is a very nice denim. not "extrem" like the other sams. i can not explain more because my english is limited.

it is a great slim cut. a very intense and fast fading.

hope it helps.

take contact with Gordon at BiG. it can help...

wee glad i didnt bite on any of the 5 rings denims...

musashi was the only one I was considering but after seeing it def pass. how can you ruin denim like that with (orange?) contrast stitching and suspender buttons :\

again an new pair of Samurai Jeans.

20oz denim in the S5000 cut. Made for the Lightning issue #200

sl5000xx20oze38381e383a9e382b7.jpg

link for more info here:

http://www.sideriver.com/lightning/special/200th_issue_anniversary/08.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=620&width=860

Tilmann, will these be widely available, or only through the magazine?