Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^^ thought i was fcukd too after the hot soak. took awhile, but will stretch out. once they start softening up the waist will give a bit more. mine's 3 mos tagged w33 and they're currently 34.5. hotdrying wud soften them up faster, but not an option if they're ball-breaking tight now.

i'm taking the slow boat on mine since i'm really not expecting fades on these for a long time. the irregular weaves are common. i checked all w33 stock @BiG and they all have them... took the less obvious pair.

my 5000 collabs shrank from tag

ah okay, thanks

just ordered the 2nd x samurai s710 collabs. ill get some fit pics up once they get in. the 15oz makes it perfect for the hot summers in toronto

seriously the denim looks nicer and not as slubby as my 500's from the pictures at least.

were you able to measure the waist pre-soak? 710 x 2nd is the pair im particularly interested in.

just ordered the 2nd x samurai s710 collabs. ill get some fit pics up once they get in. the 15oz makes it perfect for the hot summers in toronto

seriously the denim looks nicer and not as slubby as my 500's from the pictures at least.

its the same denim so i hope they are just as slubby

Well according to 2nd's size chart on the collabo 710s a 33 shrinks to a 32. However the 5000s which Chantheman is reffering to a 33 measures a 34 and shrinks to a a little under 33. But I'm not sure how much these will stretch Chan were you abel to strech them out back before you sold them? I'm plnning on ordering a 33 in the 710.

Well according to 2nd's size chart on the collabo 710s a 33 shrinks to a 32. However the 5000s which Chantheman is reffering to a 33 measures a 34 and shrinks to a a little under 33. But I'm not sure how much these will stretch Chan were you abel to strech them out back before you sold them? I'm plnning on ordering a 33 in the 710.

i sold them before soaking them. i know if i washed these they would be too tight

Is it true to say that natural indigo like the 5000vx 10sp almost does not fade, or not ?

I have the oni natural indigo which is rope-dyed like normal synthetic. Lots of other companies make a rope-dyed natural indigo jean. I'd say those are probably about the same as synthetic as far as ease of fading.

It's the AWA and hank-dyed natural indigo which tends to be harder to fade. Not that it doesn't but just that it tends to be more stubborn. The AI10SP ones only half the threads are even indigo though. The bamboo ink threads fade quite quickly actually which is why mine have developed such interesting vertical fades. ;)

I have the oni natural indigo which is rope-dyed like normal synthetic. Lots of other companies make a rope-dyed natural indigo jean. I'd say those are probably about the same as synthetic as far as ease of fading.

It's the AWA and hank-dyed natural indigo which tends to be harder to fade. Not that it doesn't but just that it tends to be more stubborn. The AI10SP ones only half the threads are even indigo though. The bamboo ink threads fade quite quickly actually which is why mine have developed such interesting vertical fades. ;)

My 1950 AWA is hank dyed natural indigo warp and regular white weft. Isn't this similar to the S5000AI_10SP we have in that only the warp is indigo? How will these fade any differently than my AWAs?

Please clarify. Thanks!

apparently an initial soak doesnt do shit

i finally decided to go ahead and hotwas/dry them instead cause i knew they had to shrink more so heres my updated fit

DSCF4969-1.jpg

46 minute hot wash/cold rinse NO SPIN inside out

hour and 30 min in the dryer after...still a bit damp in the waist/seat and hanging to dry now

MUCH softer now...not sure if thats a good or bad thing yet haha...still stiffer than say, some brand new diors or some shit

oh and theyre indigo 710s true to size (29)

oh really?, its alrite cause most of my denim is sized 31 my s0500xx, and sized 29 a.p.c's which are a little to tite to wear so i stopped wearing them. thanks for the info though had no idea i just read the charts on 2nd and thought 32 would be a good choice especially since i gained a bit of weight but am working on losing it.

well after a soak it was at 7.25 and after a wash i know its even narrower than that

ill get up measurements tomorrow if i remember

might want to PM me though cause im liable to forget haha

^^ do whatever you want, eventually it'll all shrink and stretch and shrink and stretch anyways, if the dude getting the 2ndx710s gets his before I order, you should probably piost detailed good measurements, as I was leaning towards a 33 but may go to a 34, but once again, are the jackets on 2nd already washed? I'd be pretty bummed to get a rakuten industrial washed jacket, as I want a raw one

My 1950 AWA is hank dyed natural indigo warp and regular white weft. Isn't this similar to the S5000AI_10SP we have in that only the warp is indigo? How will these fade any differently than my AWAs?

Please clarify. Thanks!

The 5000AI-10SP have natural indigo warp but the weft is dyed with bamboo ink. It appears from my experience that the bamboo ink threads fade fairly quickly...

Any recent pics ? Think I'm about to fall for them ...
The 5000AI-10SP have natural indigo warp but the weft is dyed with bamboo ink. It appears from my experience that the bamboo ink threads fade fairly quickly...

I'm really not trying to be thick here but if the weft fades pretty easily, then these would soon end up looking like regular indigo warp / white weft jeans like my AWA?