Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Didn't someone on SUFU get the owner of Samurai to paint/sign his back pocket or am I mixing that up with Evisu?

that was the dirty dozen +1 evisu jeans.

not a fan of the way IH's fade at all, especially in comparison to sammies.

no i just mean those two heavy heavy jeans cuz if you read what kiya said in the ih thread, he said that these will fade faster than regular ih denim because its a new type... so that got me wondering.

the ih and sammie 24 and 23 oz denim looks the same to me... well at least the selvage does.

I was wondering about this... IHs are technically 23.5, so I wonder if Samurai just rounded up?

edit: how much do the s5000AI-10SP stretch?

I just bought some Samurai S5000VX jeans and I'm preparing to do my first hot soak. As you'll be able to tell from the photos they fit pretty well but could use some tightening in the legs. The waist, crotch, and butt are good. Any advice about soaking, how long, how hot, other info, etc. is appreciated. Should I wear these while they soak to prevent the waist and crotch from shrinking up too much? I'm nervous about shrinking too much.

IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

I did a 45 minute soak today with the hottest water I could muster from the tap. They tightened up nicely. I'll post pictures when I find someone to hold the camera. You all can tell me if more soaks are necessary. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

I just bought some Samurai S5000VX jeans and I'm preparing to do my first hot soak. As you'll be able to tell from the photos they fit pretty well but could use some tightening in the legs. The waist, crotch, and butt are good. Any advice about soaking, how long, how hot, other info, etc. is appreciated. Should I wear these while they soak to prevent the waist and crotch from shrinking up too much? I'm nervous about shrinking too much.

What size did you get, and what is your natural waist? I am interested in the S5000VXs.

Got my first pair of Samurais today - S5000VX from Blue In Green.

No arcs or tabs, but no biggie - the arcs are practically gone on my previous pair, Oni Blue, through wear so it would just be a matter of time before they fall off.

Got a size 31. I couldn't even button up the 30, meaning I got fat since last year when I got my Oni Blues @ 30. Going to hot soak it tonight, dry, and bring it back to BiG for a hem.

Chea.

no its ok hemming after soaking you just need to soak em again and tell the hemmer to tighten up a bit on the tension on his/her union special machine youll be fine. boiling soak until the water becomes lukewarm

I did a 45 minute soak today with the hottest water I could muster from the tap. They tightened up nicely. I'll post pictures when I find someone to hold the camera. You all can tell me if more soaks are necessary. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

hot wash and hot dry, if not twice. a soak will not get all the shrink out.

Here are pictures on the right after I soaked hot tap water for 45 minutes and then wore damp until they dried.

FRONT.jpg

back.jpg

side.jpg

I think this is a good fit for me. No need to repeat the hot soak again, right?

What do you think of the length? Should I keep as is or throw in a cuff?

Roping on the hem is achieved after a hot soak right? Mine didn't rope at all. I'm thinking of soaking again from the knee down because I'm hesitant to shrink the crotch any more than it already has.

i wouldnt worry about it. theyre going to stretch so much its going to blow your mind and you will wonder why you even worried.

Guest Mr Snowcap

how would one go about washing some S5000VX's?

searched the thread but no really good advice. heard hot wash no tumble and then put in the dryer? gimme some advice on washing these babies.

how would one go about washing some S5000VX's?

searched the thread but no really good advice. heard hot wash no tumble and then put in the dryer? gimme some advice on washing these babies.

there are whole threafs about washing jeans and why would you wash a 5000vx differently? just wash em like any other pair of dry jeans.

warm wash with few detergent, no tumble, hang dry. that´s how i and i think most of the others do it...