Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Guest Mr Snowcap
there are whole threafs about washing jeans and why would you wash a 5000vx differently? just wash em like any other pair of dry jeans.

warm wash with few detergent, no tumble, hang dry. that´s how i and i think most of the others do it...

but if you were trying to get shrinkage out of the jeans, would you put them in the dryer?

but if you were trying to get shrinkage out of the jeans, would you put them in the dryer?

Not many people know this but the S5000VXs uses a blend of Texas / Mississippi / Zimbabwe / Okinawa cotton fibers and have to be washed and dried in a very specific manner to get maximum shrinkage.

Snowcap - try searching for IZazWhole's threads and you should find the proper technical procedure.

Guest Mr Snowcap
Not many people know this but the S5000VXs uses a blend of Texas / Mississippi / Zimbabwe / Okinawa cotton fibers and have to be washed and dried in a very specific manner to get maximum shrinkage.

Snowcap - try searching for IZazWhole's threads and you should find the proper technical procedure.

tried searching for his threads but it said he was an invalid user...? :confused:

would you happen to remember this technique or know a good technique to get the maximum shrinkage out of S5000VX's? let me know man thanks

Don't worry so much about shrinkage.

Sure it will shrink a wee bit more through more hot soaks/washes, but if you just stick to hang drying afterwards then you won't have to worry about the denim shrinking too much if you used a dryer.

well that's what worked for me anyway. just wear the denim and wash when its nasty. the harder the wear the better it comes out.

got my 5000 hemmed at big today... wearing em now. good stuff.

tried searching for his threads but it said he was an invalid user...? :confused:

would you happen to remember this technique or know a good technique to get the maximum shrinkage out of S5000VX's? let me know man thanks

throw them in the goddamn washer on hot no soap!

jeez......................................

Ok, as promised.

Samurai 5000vx 21oz

10months wear 4 washes 2 soaks

One wash was one week in due to spilling bbq sauce first real wash after that was 6 months then a couple times since then.

29frwna.jpg

2469ap1.jpg

117d7up.jpg

2nu2cd0.jpg

fviu4y.jpg

Worn every single day. Pics arent that great because they havent quite regained their shape since the last wash. Also I managed to snap 3 incredibly blurry combs pics so I won't get around to posting back shots until I take new pics.

i wouldnt worry about it. theyre going to stretch so much its going to blow your mind and you will wonder why you even worried.

Thanks. I'll do another hot soak tomorrow for 45 minutes and throw in a pot or two of boiling water.

I line dried until damp and then wore them until they fully dried. This second time should I tumble dry them in a dryer until damp and then wear to dry or just repeat the same drying process as the first time?

did you hem and then have it reattached or what is going on there?
reinforcement?

I had them hemmed yes and the were so torn were I had cuffed them so this was the best option.

I'm gonna start wearing them uncuffed once I give them another wash and then the it wont be as visible as it is now...

^^you'll be fine. if you go back a few pages you'll see the fit of my Sammy and that was after a 45 min hot soak while wearing the jeans. last night i did a 2hr boiling hot soak (obviously w/o me wearing them) and line dried. the fit is abso-fucking-lutely perfect now.... just need to hem or cuff.

Guest Mr Snowcap

does anyone have the contact email for BiG?

i sent them 4 emails in the last couple of days (the one from the "contact us" part of the webstie) but no response to even one of them.

i am looking to buy a pair of S710bk's and read that they still have sizes avaialable and that you have to email gordon from BiG.

does anyone have gordons direct email or BiG's direct email? thank you.

does anyone have the contact email for BiG?

i sent them 4 emails in the last couple of days (the one from the "contact us" part of the webstie) but no response to even one of them.

i am looking to buy a pair of S710bk's and read that they still have sizes avaialable and that you have to email gordon from BiG.

does anyone have gordons direct email or BiG's direct email? thank you.

BiG's email address: [email protected]

Guest Mr Snowcap

damn, does anyone know where to cop some S710BK's in size 31 or 32? 2nd & BiG are sold out along with all the stores on Rakuten. should i email some of the japanese stores to see if they have them?

thanks guys

I think they were a special edition. If you can wait a few months BIG is working on their new collab with Samurai basically its a 710BK with all black stitching patch and hardware there's going to be about 90-100 pairs if i remember what Gordon told me.

Guest Mr Snowcap
I think they were a special edition. If you can wait a few months BIG is working on their new collab with Samurai basically its a 710BK with all black stitching patch and hardware there's going to be about 90-100 pairs if i remember what Gordon told me.

damn, any word on a specific release date? are they gonna have hidden arcs?

emailed gordon but no response...