Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

IMG_0211.jpg

Does anyone notice those strange vertical stitches in my second photo? In person they seem like denim "scars". I have a few of them on the back half of my jeans. At first I thought it was pieces of material being spliced together, but now I think its just an imperfection. Any insight?

I have a similar thing on the right leg, mid-thigh area of my KMW 1950 AWA.

CIMG3493.jpg

I should have my S5000AI-10SP tomorrow and I'll see if it's like yours...

Guest ChunkO

i placed my first order with 2nd last night via paypal and still no order confirmation or nothing? i heard they are supposed to email you an order confirmation in japanese after you order or atleast a shipping email...i havn't gotten anytthing :confused:. should i e-mail 2nd?

lowrider, i remember someone saying something about being able to tell by looking at the denim where the loom-operator had to change the shuttles. perhaps this is it. my sister has a pair of cheap Lees that has a line like that on the thigh... i always wondered what it is? perhaps a huge weft slub that pokes-out the warp? im clueless...

lowrider, i remember someone saying something about being able to tell by looking at the denim where the loom-operator had to change the shuttles. perhaps this is it. my sister has a pair of cheap Lees that has a line like that on the thigh... i always wondered what it is? perhaps a huge weft slub that pokes-out the warp? im clueless...

that makes perfect sense! my S5000AI-10SP has the same marking on one of the legs about 4" up from the leg opening.

those sammies up above are awesome. I love the contrast of the stitching

fit pics please?

they're drying. fit pics coming soon. danke.

Ahhh yes, my lovely 10SPs... I hope you sized up at LEAST one!

nope. they fit well in the waist pre-soak but a little loose in the butt and thighs (as intended). however, i sat and sweated for 45mins in a tub of hot-ish water and they're now drying with a hanger inside the waistband so I think they'll be fine...

how are yours fading?

If they fit nicely pre-soak, they'll be skin-tight afterwards. I just washed mine for about the 5th time, this time in hot water, and after the wash I really struggled to get them on and couldn't even close the top button until about 3 in the afternoon today. They'll stretch back out but they really do run tight...

Fading is interesting. LOTS of vertical fading but I can run my hands across it and the color changes. They're still really dark - these are some stubborn jeans. Maybe in another wash or two I'll post up some photos...

If they fit nicely pre-soak, they'll be skin-tight afterwards. I just washed mine for about the 5th time, this time in hot water, and after the wash I really struggled to get them on and couldn't even close the top button until about 3 in the afternoon today. They'll stretch back out but they really do run tight...

Fading is interesting. LOTS of vertical fading but I can run my hands across it and the color changes. They're still really dark - these are some stubborn jeans. Maybe in another wash or two I'll post up some photos...

skin tight? i can only hope so... i hardly wear the AWAs cuz i'm still in my skinny jean mood...

would love to see updates from you.

I have a similar thing on the right leg, mid-thigh area of my KMW 1950 AWA.

CIMG3493.jpg

I should have my S5000AI-10SP tomorrow and I'll see if it's like yours...

I have this also on my sams. Didn't notice it until recently, so I thought I had scraped my leg at some point.

Guest ChunkO

i placed my first order with 2nd last night via paypal and still no order confirmation or nothing... i heard they are supposed to email you an order confirmation in japanese after you order or atleast a shipping email...i havn't gotten anytthing . should i e-mail 2nd?

also..whats up with the custom fees :confused: how do those work..?

i placed my first order with 2nd last night via paypal and still no order confirmation or nothing... i heard they are supposed to email you an order confirmation in japanese after you order or atleast a shipping email...i havn't gotten anytthing . should i e-mail 2nd?

also..whats up with the custom fees :confused: how do those work..?

think about it. you ordered last night likely late, and the shop was near closing in case you had forgotten time travels backward to japan before it heads into the future

shipping happens once a day at that shop (you missed it so they willship tomorrow) and they will email you confirmation after it ships

just shoot em a nice email they are generally pretty good, but at least wait a day

if you live in the US likely no customs will be accrued during transit

God awful question, but haha, I really can't understand the go awful google translations of 2nd website, are the denim jackets (the type 3 in texas cotton in particular) one wash? Because they don't have pre and post wash measurements and it says WASHED in big letters in a few places, and if they actually are one wash, which shop might have a raw one?

FUCK!!! u r so riiiight! i'm walking very slowing now... need some tighty whiteies...

Dont say I didnt warn you. Samurai kind of fucked up the sizing on these. I would recommend anyone considering buying them to size up at LEAST one...

yeah, i'd hate to see lowrider give these up too early cause his nuts are cramped. one must preserve the ability to procreate...$500+jeans are worth nothing if they aren't comfy!

Dont say I didnt warn you. Samurai kind of fucked up the sizing on these. I would recommend anyone considering buying them to size up at LEAST one...

Word. I wore them for about 5hrs yesterday and they're actually much better today. Put on some briefs and they're actually pretty comfy and starting to stretch a bit.

I'm not sure that I'd recommend everyone size up at all. I think it all depends on the look and fit you're going for. There is actually more room in the crotch on these than my tag 29 PBJ 007 - a fact supported by the lack of the dreaded "button fly flap flare out" when doods size down too much in the waist. The tightness in the waist of these Sammies has forced me to wear these a bit higher up on my waistline than I normally do and that meant that my nuts were brushing on the crotch stitch a bit - a problem currently solved by wearing briefs but one that should disappear once the waist stretches out a bit.

If you're going for a more relaxed fit, then yes, size up. I just wanted a pair of relatively slim, slubby, natural jeans and these were the only ones that fit the bill (the PBJ AI-002 Slim was close but I don't have any Sammies).

yeah, i'd hate to see lowrider give these up too early cause his nuts are cramped. one must preserve the ability to procreate...$500+jeans are worth nothing if they aren't comfy!

No way I'm gonna quit these puppies...

Speaking of - Today marks the 10th month of wear on my S510XX AI-Ns. 1 initial soak, 1 wash at 6mo, next wash at a year.

Pics indoors w/ just window light, the lighter versions of the pics are 3 shot exposure blends to better simulate how the faded areas look in direct sun:

(click for bigger)

th_P6104938_cr.jpgth_P6104936_7_8.jpg

th_P6104945_cr.jpgth_P6104945_6_7.jpg

It's been slow, but they getting there...

see y'all in 2 months.