Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

why do my samurai 710s not stack right, but fall in at the knee and flare out at the bottom...?

and how come the seat of my lot 10s is so huge resulting in hip flare...?

:(

think gonna have to sell them

BRO U SHUDA RED THA SIZING HELP IT SAYZ GO TRU TO SIZE. FAIL AT DEMINZ THIZ SHIT IS TOUGH U LOOSEE

in all seriousness, you probably went a size too big, you could try HOT washing and HOT drying it to get some more shrinking out. wear um a bit, let them fall right. they're still new, unworn so they are pretty stiff. the stacking will be weird at first. if after all that you aren't happy with the fit put um up in the supermarket, im sure someone will cop.

cross post from evo thread.

Here are my Samurai USAs. They get rotated with other jeans (and shorts since it's summer), but I've had them for a bit over a year. Gonna give them another wash and some preemptive crotch reinforcement today, I think. Color is most accurate in the button picture. The others are a bit light/blue.

11aa2js.jpg

ix5qwk.jpg

kbw074.jpg

23k7yab.jpg

2ql49kl.jpg

Ok, man - I gotta have a pair like that.

New to raw denim here. If I buy the S500VX's in 17oz or 21 oz, what size would you recommend? My Levi's 505's are size 30, but the actual waist is 32" (and it's a just a bit loose at that, so I really need to end up with a 31.5" waist after any shrinkage or stretching).

I've read through this and most other forum threads here, but am not sure about the sizing. How much will they shrink or stretch in the waist, length and front and back rises? BiG's measurements are pre-wash.

Thanks.

Ok, man - I gotta have a pair like that.

New to raw denim here. If I buy the S500VX's in 17oz or 21 oz, what size would you recommend? My Levi's 505's are size 30, but the actual waist is 32" (and it's a just a bit loose at that, so I really need to end up with a 31.5" waist after any shrinkage or stretching).

I've read through this and most other forum threads here, but am not sure about the sizing. How much will they shrink or stretch in the waist, length and front and back rises? BiG's measurements are pre-wash.

Thanks.

Btw, I'm 5'10, 135 lbs., 32" inseam and 20" thighs. Will the S5000's look baggy on me? I'm looking for regular fit jeans with a medium rise (nothing skinny, low-rise or baggy). Thanks.

Yeah, size down on these, especially if its the VX denim. The 5000 cut is a very standard straight mid-rise look. Get true to size for a baggier fit and size down 1 for a slimmer fit, which probably looks better for most people.

They stretch about an inch in the waist.

According to BiG's website, the size 29 VX's have a pre-wash actual waist size of 31". Will they first shrink (if so, by how much?) and then expand with wear back to the 31" measurement? Or will the jeans end up with an actual waist measurement of 32" after shrinkage and expansion? Thanks.

^

My true waist is 31 and my s5000vxs 21oz are a size 30. But lot 10 ran smaller than marked, so these were like a size 29 (So I basically sized down 2 from my true waist). So... size down one from true waist for a regular fit and size down two for skinny fit or go true to size for baggy fit.

^

My true waist is 31 and my s5000vxs 21oz are a size 30. But lot 10 ran smaller than marked, so these were like a size 29 (So I basically sized down 2 from my true waist). So... size down one from true waist for a regular fit and size down two for skinny fit or go true to size for baggy fit.

Got it - thanks. Sounds like I should call BiG to find out if the VX's they're currently selling are Lot 10. How much does the inseam usually shrink? I don't like cuffing them, and I want to end up with about a 32"-32.5" inseam. Should I have them chainstitched (taking account of any inseam shrinkage)? Or should i break them in and then have them chainstitched to the desired length?

ig suggest washing them first before getting them hemmed if possible. if your not close enough to BIG and get them hemmed raw and hope for 2 inches in shrinking

Another couple of dumb questions:

Which of the following would you recommend:

1. Wait as long as possible (at least 6 months) before washing them. And when i do wash them, it should be on a gentle cycle in cold water with the jeans turned inside out.

OR

2. Soak them immediately after purchasing them. If I go this route, should I sit in the bathtub with them on in warm water?

The shrinkage (and subsequent stretching) only occurs after they get washed or soaked, right?

Thanks.

^ this isn't an "or" question...

you need to soak the jeans when you get them, preferably a hot soak to get as much shrinking out as possible. Sammy denim shrinks an assload post wash so you don't want to be stuck with unwearable jawnz.

Also: the wash debate is not one that has a definite answer so just do whatever you feel like you need to do. There really isn't a "correct" method.

^ this isn't an "or" question...

you need to soak the jeans when you get them, preferably a hot soak to get as much shrinking out as possible. Sammy denim shrinks an assload post wash so you don't want to be stuck with unwearable jawnz.

Also: the wash debate is not one that has a definite answer so just do whatever you feel like you need to do. There really isn't a "correct" method.

Ok - will do. Should I wear the jeans in the tub filled with hot water or should I just throw them (without me in them) into a hot tub? And how long should I soak them?

And given that they shrink a ton postwash, would you also recommend that I go with a size 29 (true waist size prewash on those is 31" according to BiG)? I'm shooting for a 31-32" waist (31.5" ideally, but that's probably not possible) after any shrinking and stretching. Call me a wuss, but I'd rather not endure the sensation of having my balls in a vise. Think maybe a size 30 would fit the bill (actual waist size of 32" prewash)?

Thanks.

Ok - will do. Should I wear the jeans in the tub filled with hot water or should I just throw them (without me in them) into a hot tub? And how long should I soak them?

And given that they shrink a ton postwash, would you also recommend that I go with a size 29 (true waist size prewash on those is 31" according to BiG)? I'm shooting for a 31-32" waist (31.5" ideally, but that's probably not possible) after any shrinking and stretching. Call me a wuss, but I'd rather not endure the sensation of having my balls in a vise. Think maybe a size 30 would fit the bill (actual waist size of 32" prewash)?

Thanks.

ok this is getting out of hand. i answered a couple simple questions without giving you any shit but your asking questions that have been answered over and over again.

I've read through this and most other forum threads here

i think your full of shit based on the questions your asking

look here for all the answers to questions you havent even thought of yet.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12729

and to answer your questions:

30 min hot water wash. take out before spin cycle. samurais need agitation in the water to get max shrinkage. i told you to get a 29 if you think a 30 is better for you get a 30 no big deal to me.

Just opened up a new package.

S5000VX

Lot 12

Waist 31

My natural waist is 29

Have post soak pictures, but not going to post em. Waist was a little large so I knew it was nice.

Here are post soak fits, while denim is still slightly wet.

Front

PostSoak2.jpg

Back

PostSoak3.jpg

Side

PostSoak4.jpg

Ok so I think its fits well, I need to get it hemmed still. BiG said they would hem it to 33 but never did. So can any local tailor chain stich hem these or do I need a professsional?

And another question: How the hell do you button these? I spent 10 min and my fingers turned 10 shades of blue but I could never get it.

Thanks

no I had the same problem when I first got mine, the denim for the button holes is so stiff it makes it hard to button them. My fingers turned by blue and raw by the time I was able to get them buttoned.

Just keep trying and work that denim, they'll go in.

ok this is getting out of hand. i answered a couple simple questions without giving you any shit but your asking questions that have been answered over and over again.

i think your full of shit based on the questions your asking

look here for all the answers to questions you havent even thought of yet.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12729

and to answer your questions:

30 min hot water wash. take out before spin cycle. samurais need agitation in the water to get max shrinkage. i told you to get a 29 if you think a 30 is better for you get a 30 no big deal to me.

Thanks for the advice, but if you find my questions tiresome then don't respond to them.

Thanks for the advice, but if you find my questions tiresome then don't respond to them.

I think everyone finds them tiresome. We tried to help and answer your fucking questions which have already been answered in this thread if you fucking looked through it.

Negged