Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chambo2008 said:

That's pretty insane for that amount of wears 

These are fading fast thanks to all my home reno work. Building kitchen cabinets from scratch, installing them and putting in new floors is wearing these pretty quickly. Trying to stop kneeling on my right knee all the time when getting down on the ground since it is fading very quickly. I still have several other wood working projects to do after I finish the cabinets so I dont think these are going to make it the full year without repairs.

Edited by Tangem2

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless plug:  3 pairs, size 35x36, CONUS shipping included, message for details/questions:

S710XX  -  $100 (moderate wear) 19 oz.

710OG    -  $150 (slight wear) 16 oz.

S0510XX -  $100 (moderate wear)

4 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Кто-нибудь знает, можно ли до сих пор получить старых самураев с красной вкладкой в Интернете в таких местах, как denimio? Надеюсь, у них есть остатки

https://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/2nd/br-sj-r/sj-411-01-r.html

Is it necessary to have a red tab? In Japan, a sufficient number of distribution stores orders customs from master Nogami. Models are standard, but denim, fittings, patch are different. For example:

https://unique-jean.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=3304

https://www.barnstormer.jp/product/detail.php?cat=2&item=359

1 minute ago, Punch said:

Is it necessary to have a red tab? In Japan, a sufficient number of distribution stores orders customs from master Nogami. Models are standard, but denim, fittings, patch are different. For example:

https://unique-jean.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=3304

https://www.barnstormer.jp/product/detail.php?cat=2&item=359

I just meant the old back pocket tab design before the recent remodel that has the blue tab above the back right pocket 

12 hours ago, aho said:

Hate to be that guy, but in 15 years of being in this world I've never owned Samurai. Can anyone point to a good way to size their jeans? Ie: if I wear a 38 in Ooe, TCB and Warehouse what should I go for in most Samurai cuts?

Not really sure.
But to give you a rough idea: I wear WH 1001 in OW in 32, Ooe BO02XX raw in 35 and Samurai 500XX in raw in 33. I had of course soaked the raw ones, but it might still be less shrinkage than the OW version.
Hope, that gives you a feel for the sizing.

On 12/6/2020 at 2:54 AM, aho said:

Hate to be that guy, but in 15 years of being in this world I've never owned Samurai. Can anyone point to a good way to size their jeans? Ie: if I wear a 38 in Ooe, TCB and Warehouse what should I go for in most Samurai cuts?

If its any help I'm a 36 in TCB and 35 in Samurai - Raw. Check the thigh measurements not just the waist as I've found the cuts very similar to Full Count regarding slim thighs on straight leg jeans

Edited by jewellben
additional comments

@aho In my limited experience w/ Samurai's S510 and S511, they run true to size. I think the important thing is to find the cut and denim that appeals to you. 

On 12/5/2020 at 9:54 PM, aho said:

I wear 31 in basically everything but Flat Head (where I'm 32). I wear 31 in Samurai S710xx and S0500xx. And 31 in Warehouse 800xx, Full Count 1108.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Anyone who got the sj42cp heavy chinos? I've been eyeing them for a while and would appreciate some opinions on them from someone who have worn them. 

Do they stretch like unsanforized denim?

How is that low back rise working out? Almost ordered them some days ago but that measurement stopped me.. Couldn't find anything close to that in my closet. 

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm i tried on and purchased the sj42cp in-store.  I was just checking out a denim shop on vacation and thought the chinos were so cool.  I wear them in casual office situations and never thought much about the rise on my size 36.  Sometimes tucked shirt with belt, sometimes not.  I don't think they stretched out a ton.  I got some pretty intense marbling/crease fade on my first wash.  So if you get them and care about that, maybe be a little careful with the wash.  I would also say that my hems are wearing down faster than most pants.  It think because of the slubbiness of the fabric.  I just googled and there is a really thorough review of them here: https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2017/08/26/samurai-jeans-sj42cp-heavy-chino-pants-review/

@maharu post above reminded me that i had some pics I never posted of the sj42cp with a few washes, mostly worn in casual office during 2 winters.  pulling them back out of the closet now for winter #3.  some of the stain from a leather belt rubbed off a fair amount on belt loop areas and there is some visible marbling/crease from wash/dry.  i really like the construction/hardware details on these.  i don't have pics but they have silver selvedge.  lockstitch 1 inch'ish trouser hem type of thing going on.  

DSCF1019 copy.jpg

DSCF1017 copy.jpg

DSCF1018 1.jpg