Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I'm just a bioengineer in a laboratory! However, I am very active. Like I said, I've climbed a lot of mountains in them, skied in them 100 times (under snow pants most times). I also play a round of disc golf in them almost everyday at lunch, as my lab is across the street from a course. I think the skiing has beaten them in more than anything. And yeah, I'll never throw them away. Who knows, though... maybe they could eventually end up in your museum? Once my underwear shows too much through the holes, I'll probably have to stop wearing them. Haha.

Wow, it would be an honour, to give your retired jeans an eternal life at the little Jeansmuseum of heaviest fadings some day..

(By the way, you must have a lot of Holy Grail items already and you could open an own museum at your place as well.)

When you're ready to let go one or several items to the Jeansmuseum just pm me or email me directly at [email protected]

It would be awesome to show the visitors the full natural power of denim evolution at its best and keeping the raw denim spirit alive that way!

Whenever visiting Switzerland you have to stop at my place

@mpukas

hahahaha it's the reverse for me.

I wanted the IH jacket or even the over dyed one they offer with self edge, but i got super lucky; i found my jacket in dead stock condition for sale on the IH forum.

^ Everything about that outfit is awesome Bradl. RGT shirt is killer.

Thanks, don't really wear it to much anymore as it's a bit more "relaxed" than what I am use to in my SDA workshirt. 

Would be interesting to see how much weight those jeans have lost, seriously can't believe how thrashed they are. 

I've lost track of patches, but I think I have roughly 20 in there right now, so they've probably gained a lot more than they've lost. Haha.

Cander49

This sounds soharscore.

Your jeans are so epic already

Does anyone know what's coming out next from Samurai? Or a place to find out?

it aint easy. i am fortunate enough to have a dude who runs the magazine shop in my neighborhood who orders me 2nd, Lightning, Clutch, and F&E.

The only Samurai news I've heard was in this months Lightning where they had an ad for the Samurai x Lightning 510's which look awesome. they're 25oz, which i take to be a nod to the fact that it's to celebrate the 250th issue, that patch is so ornate, and the pocket bag Lightning/Samurai pattern is awesome. at 25oz I'm assuming it's similar to the fabric they used on the 15th anny 552 (type 2 style) jacket and 15th 5000VX which were also 25oz although I highly doubt they'll use the golden sword selvage again.

^On big's Instagram awhile back they posted some teaser pics of a 17th anniversary, 17oz organic cotton jean. With from what I understand has a sashiko selvedge ticker. Its the 8000 model with exposed rivets etc.

Not that I am interested in the 8000 cut, but would like to see this. Some how missed bigs post.

S0505XX-RR is next

http://samurai-j.com/main_room/index.html  is a good help  :)

Zipper ruins it for me. That denim looks cool, very light right off the bat.
Edited by bradl

Do you recall the Lot number? Not sure wether there has been another (limited) version of it?

I didn't check the lot number, but I'll be going back there this week so I'll see it then; they do have a number of past, limited Samurai releases on the shelves.

I didn't check the lot number, but I'll be going back there this week so I'll see it then; they do have a number of past, limited Samurai releases on the shelves.

take5 taipei, not sure about the other places, do have some older lots in their collection that their staff do not even know about. when i was there late last year, i dug out a lot 9/10 s0500 and s5000. but the s0500 wasn't in my size and the s5000, well i have way too many s5000 for now, and i was contemplating on getting them. which i didn't in the end.

Flo, you're just a perfect professional fader.

Congrats to this awesome raw denim love given to them

Yeah, that's what I thought.

500XX 19 oz - crosspost from HDC

take5 taipei, not sure about the other places, do have some older lots in their collection that their staff do not even know about. when i was there late last year, i dug out a lot 9/10 s0500 and s5000. but the s0500 wasn't in my size and the s5000, well i have way too many s5000 for now, and i was contemplating on getting them. which i didn't in the end.

Yep, with the folded jeans on the wooden shelf, sometimes it's easy to miss something. Every once in a while I'll find a gem, too. There's also a hidden wooden box with gnarly fading samples of older jeans that you can see and feel.

I checked yesterday and the 710bkb was Lot 17-257. 

Right, the "new" 710 should have Lot 18. Is the 710 BKB you saw in any terms different? The upcoming one will have blue stitching if I'm not mistaken.

The arcs looked quite dark; either dark blue or black. 

Should be this model (i.e., last year's):

sj-s710bk17oz-02.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse