Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Ordering from Frisbee rakuten sucked. 15 Google translated emails I finally found the nerve to commit, though paypal not an option. They hit me with with a 4 (day) step process and kept stressing the jeans were non washed, no returns, etc. 1st the order confirmation, then, since the jeans aren't actually in the shop, they determine the weight and shipping costs. Leads us in to day 3, where total cost has been determined and the credit card info is physically keyed in to there "system".

On the 4th and final day I get an automated call from my banks fraud unit wanting me to confirm the last 5 transactions. The voicebox was something out of radioheads OK computer, disturbing and paranoid. I knew right away it didn't go through. After all of that. Guess it throws up a red flag when your in San Fran and Tokyo at the same time. Order canceled but now, thanks to the guys at BIG soho I'm the proud owner of a pair red hawk 710s. TTS w34.

Yee

Ordering from Frisbee rakuten sucked. 15 Google translated emails I finally found the nerve to commit, though paypal not an option. They hit me with with a 4 (day) step process and kept stressing the jeans were non washed, no returns, etc. 1st the order confirmation, then, since the jeans aren't actually in the shop, they determine the weight and shipping costs. Leads us in to day 3, where total cost has been determined and the credit card info is physically keyed in to there "system".

On the 4th and final day I get an automated call from my banks fraud unit wanting me to confirm the last 5 transactions. The voicebox was something out of radioheads OK computer, disturbing and paranoid. I knew right away it didn't go through. After all of that. Guess it throws up a red flag when your in San Fran and Tokyo at the same time. Order canceled but now, thanks to the guys at BIG soho I'm the proud owner of a pair red hawk 710s. TTS w34.

Yee

Appreciate the heads up on Frisbee as I've been looking at their store occasionally.

Are the Red Hawks really a black denim? The contrast stitching makes them look indigo to me despite BiG claiming otherwise. 

@panheadfan: erm...well

Yee

should have followed the thread ;)

But other than that, I'm sure some store surely would have had a pair. Now it's too late anyways

Is there a general rule of thumb when it comes to 710 sizing?

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the 15th anniversary ones from Pirates, the stealth arcs are really tempting me.

I'm not familiar with Samurai shrinkage upon soak or anything like that, so any basic guidelines would be helpful.

After looking at the 710XX charts on BiG I think that my normal size 36 will work just fine.

Now I just need to decide if I want the 15th anniversary 710XXs or wait it out for the new BiG collaborations coming in the spring.

Decisions decisions.  :blink:

@broark - I went with my normal size (36). Waist is probably the smallest of the 36s I own, though I haven't had them long so stretch is still to come. Thighs are roomy enough.

Mine had been soaked but not really worn before I got them. I'm in no hurry to wash them until the waist has stretched a bit.