Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I just bought a pair of 710's.  I thought I got the measurements right to get them tapered properly. But they are still a bit wide on the thighs and hips area. It gives me a bit of hip flare. Any ideas on how to shrink it? Or should I just get them tapered again? Would rather not spend another $60 at Railcar, but I don't wanna wear a pair of jeans for 2+ years that look odd.

EvNvu2C.jpg

pxrhjjZ.jpg

w7JmL5w.jpg

I actually think BF's suggestion of a machine wash would help quite a bit.  A machine wash will shrink them much more than just a hot soad.  I would try first the wash and then let them dry and try them on again before I dried them. 

Yep, it's funny that there is a collective denial that means people think the beach and the ocean are pristine environments. The ocean is a giant toilet. It's water is a veritable soup of micro-organisms at the best of times and that's without all the extra shit, chemicals and garbage we pump into it. The beach is the worst because it's where it gets most concentrated. If you could 'wash' your jeans in the middle of the open ocean it would be very slightly cleaner but not much.

I've always wondered too why APC etc recommend soaking in the ocean and rubbing sand on your jeans. If you believe that the salt water is going to be good for your cotton, run a Luke warm bath; dump a lb of sea salt in the water then grab some extra fine grit sand paper in both hands and rub away!!!

But...I don't think anyone on these threads would condone artificially distressing your jeans with sand paper. I'm also not sure of the reaction between salt and indigo and what salt does to cotton. Especially, if in a concentrated solution that will eventually crystallize.

So explore it if you must!

from what i've heard and read, APC and Nudies treat their denim so much that it needs the 6+ month time w/o wash in order to get some great fading and they suggest things like beach washing to help increase the dramatic fading (plus it helps with the whole branding and creating buzz when you suggest crazy things like that). i feel like with samurai and any other brands where the denim is loom state and unsanforized, you don't need to do drastic things like that in order to get that same fading. 

Even if it was proper to wash it with beach water that shits just un-comfy. Not only does it suck to have sand in your crotch normally but in 17oz+ denim? What the hell are you people who do that smoking? I mean to each his own, but I can't see that ever even being comfortable, yet fun at the same time. 

anyone interested in:

s5000vx 17oz w32, s5000vx 21oz 34 almost new and s5000ai 24oz w33?

The 17oz sound nice. What's your asking price? Would you be partial to almost new PBJ 007 tag 33 plus some cash?

pictures are here,have yet to list them on supermarket besides the 21oz's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28882795@N07/