Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

as im going to hk to get my samurais. id be in a hotel.

i wonder what would anyone think about drying the jeans in that aircon room?

reckon they'd be alright???

ask t5 to wash and dry for you and come back the next day to fit and hem

Samurai S5000BK Size 34 Lot.12 (SDO)

pre soak (excuse the grandma-socks)

S5000bkpresoak.jpg

post soak

s5000bkpostsoak.jpg

Measurements pre and post soak. Soaked once with light agitation by hand. Hottest tap water, maybe one hour in. Never had a pair of Samurai shrink that much!

waist: 34,5 / 32

front rise: 11,5 / 11

back rise: 14,75 / 14,25

thigh: 13 / 12

knee: 9,875 / 9,25

leg opening: 9,25 / 8,75

inseam: 38,5 / 35,75

Never was that much into black denim but ah_long changed my mind ;)

The contrast between the copper rivets and the black denim is so freaking nice.

And a bonus pic. Some guys refered to "squid jizz" :D

P1020134.jpg

@CooLy_oNE: definately keep these!

is my shrinkage gonee? the inseam only shrink by 2.25", the waist maybe 1"...I did 1 hot soak, with boiling water...and 1 machine wash hot plus 1 pot of boiling water...somehow I don't get much shrinkage...

I might want to sell this if anyone interested in size 32, as I afraid it will stretch much, and will sack...

anyway, how long will it take the flare to dissappear in thigh, knee, and calve area?

Samurai S5000BK Size 34 Lot.12 (SDO)

pre soak (excuse the grandma-socks)

S5000bkpresoak.jpg

post soak

s5000bkpostsoak.jpg

Measurements pre and post soak. Soaked once with light agitation by hand. Hottest tap water, maybe one hour in. Never had a pair of Samurai shrink that much!

waist: 34,5 / 32

front rise: 11,5 / 11

back rise: 14,75 / 14,25

thigh: 13 / 12

knee: 9,875 / 9,25

leg opening: 9,25 / 8,75

inseam: 38,5 / 35,75

Never was that much into black denim but ah_long changed my mind ;)

The contrast between the copper rivets and the black denim is so freaking nice.

And a bonus pic. Some guys refered to "squid jizz" :D

P1020134.jpg

Was never much into the S5000s, based on what I knew on their dimension, but those look very clever-I think you just sold me on my next pair of jeans!

+rep

is my shrinkage gonee? the inseam only shrink by 2.25", the waist maybe 1"...I did 1 hot soak, with boiling water...and 1 machine wash hot plus 1 pot of boiling water...somehow I don't get much shrinkage...

I might want to sell this if anyone interested in size 32, as I afraid it will stretch much, and will sack...

anyway, how long will it take the flare to dissappear in thigh, knee, and calve area?

what is your pair exactly? looks like S710XX, right?

Well if you did a soak and a hot wash there's a lot of shrinkage taken care of. But there is still some left as many experienced the 19oz denim shrinks a little with every wash. You could throw them in the tumble dry to get more shrinkage.

And to stop the stretching, wear a nice belt :)

The flare (which I don't really see) will be gone after the denim softens up...give it a week or two of everyday wear.

guys who got the elemental jeans

any updates on the fading?

Anything out there for the element models? Fit pics, detail shots, evo...Still thinking about picking up the wind model in NY next weekend.

No real fading to report, but I'm not very hard on jeans. I'm also rotating 3 or more pairs, so I've only got a couple of weeks of actual wear. But since there don't seem to be many pics circulating, here are a couple of detail shots I took recently:

027.jpg

Gold element buttons

025.jpg

Starting to get a little evo around the edges of the top button

020-1.jpg

Hidden rivet back and a closeup of the weave

034.jpg

Gold and silver selvedge; color accuracy is pretty good- the weft is a bright green

010-2.jpg

Close up, the colored weft shows through faintly; at a distance, they just look dark.

why dont you soak them when you get back home?

because i do not have a bath tub at home and i dont like using pails for soaking. i just a little picky when it comes to stuff like that.

maybe he wants them to be hemmed after he knows what the inseam will be. don't Take5 offer a one-wash service? if so, I would take that route

i'd be getting the 710s. dont think id possible be getting them hemmed. cause i really like to leave the jeans the way it is. :):)

Hi guys,

Looking to get my first pair of Samurai jeans, and wanting a slim (but not skinny) fit.

If it helps for comparison, I really like my Pure Blue Japan XX-007s (sized down one) silhouette, but as it's a straight leg they give off an almost bootcut look towards the bottom.

So I'm looking for something with a bit more taper, but that fits similarly.

Looking at BiG, it seems the 710 model would be appropriate. Opinions? In terms of my dimensions, I'm 6'2, about 185lbs, with quite large thighs (24 inch).

Cheers mate.

The main issues I have with my PBJ 007s is:

The hem is a bit too wide at 8.5inches.

The front rise is only 10inches, the back rise about 12.5-13', I'd like slightly more.

So all-in-all, I want a bit more room in the seat, and a bit less width at the hem.

They are size 33 (I bought them when I used to be a few pounds heavier), but I now comfortably fit into a 32 in most jeans.

It is indeed too small for my frame and perhaps my biggest annoyance with them, as I love the fit otherwise (hem withstanding).

I definitely think I'll plump for the 710 if that's the case, but I'll await any more replies before deciding.

Thanks again for your help freak.

The 19oz 710 is easily my favourite pair of jeans made by anyone (that I have personally experienced). I also have a couple of pair of PBJ's, which I love, but they dont compare to the Sam 710.