Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Figured Id post these up before I get the crotch repaired:

These are the silver selvage s0500's. I got them from findmy (thanks buddy). They faded very well everywhere but the honeycomb area. Crotch area fades are from riding my bike.

?action=view&current=photo-3.jpgphoto-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos. 8 months 2 washes. Not exactly what I hoped. I had to wash them earlier than I would have liked after a night out on the town. You should take your pants off completely before sex. Some women squirt. Just an FYI.

I usually wear 38 or 36 in most jeans and I got S5000VX in size 38. I wish samurai made a size 37, because after 6 or so weeks of wear I can pull them off without unbuttoning, whereas just after a wash it's a struggle to get the top button done. For the bigger guys interested in the VX denim - get your regular size because the jeans will stretch and shrink continuously as you wash them.

My experience anyways...

I normally wear size 36 jeans in all brands. All my Nudie jeans are size 36. I recently bought a pair of Samurai S001JP. These have the same cut as the S5000. I bought these in size 36. The initial fit was tight after a 1 hour soak. I've worn them now for a few weeks and the fit is good with a little room. I expect they will continue to stretch a little.

Figured Id post these up before I get the crotch repaired:

These are the silver selvage s0500's. I got them from findmy (thanks buddy). They faded very well everywhere but the honeycomb area. Crotch area fades are from riding my bike.

?action=view&current=photo-3.jpgphoto-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos. 8 months 2 washes. Not exactly what I hoped. I had to wash them earlier than I would have liked after a night out on the town. You should take your pants off completely before sex. Some women squirt. Just an FYI.

Eww no way you got vag juices on your jeans. Hahaha..

thanks for the input everybody. I went ahead and hot soaked em again and agitated similar to a light hand wash. they shrunk up a little more, brought the inseam down from 37 to 36. I still have to double cuff them so i'm thinking about sending them back to big to be chain stitched. Anyways I'm really excited about these as my first venture into Japanese denim and samurai jeans.

This thread needs more pics......

Same 'ol Jins. I kinda wanna start wearing something else now.

2m47s0n.jpg

so if i live normally in my jeans - walking, sitting, standing, i'll get them like this eventually? i'm wearing the 710 jean for a month and definitely no fading, don't expect to see it for many more months. i also wore fc 1108 for 4 months everyday and no real fading either, so.... maybe i'll just accept dark plain jeans :cool:

laughter, i must advise patience my friend. yes, if you basically 'live' in those jeans( the FC or 710s) eventually they will fade . but it takes time. full count fades quite slower than sams do. the harder you wear them, and the less you treat them like $200 jeans, the faster and better they will fade. enjoy the jean throughout the life/evo process. i love my jeans new/raw, when they look 'rinsed', when they start to bloom, and when they are damn-near destroyed. the journey is more important than the destination. jeans always look better @2-3 years anyway. its just that cats aint giving their jeans that kind of dedication. the japanese dont give up on their jeans that easily. :eek:

im sure these have been posted before but to anyone who hasnt seen:20060214.jpg

translation anyone?

[ 名前 ] OK

[ 品番 ] S0510XX2

[ 着込み年数 ] 3~4年

[ コメント ]

二代目S0510XXです。

穿きまくったので直しては穿いて直しては穿いての繰り返しです。でも最高に気に入っています。

ちなみにベルトはもちろんサムライベルトです。

[ name] OK

[ model number] S0510XX2

[ years worn ] 3~4years

[ comment ]

Second generation (?) S0510XX model.

(I'm paraphrasing) Wearing is scattered over a long time but basically wore them, wore them again and kept repeating. But he's really pleased with the results. By the way the belt is also samurai

Doesn't really mention how many washes though or how often...

laughter95, see what im saying? those are 3-4 YEARS. thats why noobs who be posing dont last long on the 'raw denim fad' and go back to sneaks. this aint no ' go to BIG today, post on evo thread tomorrow' shit. grail jeans takes patience and dedication. good thing is, once they start fading they dont stop. they fade faster and faster usually, or @least it seems that way since wear/fading is cumulative.

grail jeans takes patience and dedication. good thing is, once they start fading they dont stop. they fade faster and faster usually, or @least it seems that way since wear/fading is cumulative.

fading is exponential...

fading is exponential...

chan, you're the man, so please explain. i think i know what you're saying. fading is so complex a process...

like lets assume for convo's sake the intensity of wear is kept static, and we dont wash @all for mad long, like 2 years. what i'm saying is that the denim fades at the same rate, but it always seems to fade faster and faster since theres always less indigo every time you take notice. then after a while they seem to plateau-off for a time, and that seems(imho) to be the point where most 'project' jeans go into retirement, replaced by new raws, and never seen again on the evo thread. and thats what ive been preaching the past 2 days. i haven't seen a 2-year worn jean yet that wasn't sick, especially from okayama-dyed sufu brands. dudes sams are almost indescribable!

laughter95, see what im saying? those are 3-4 YEARS. thats why noobs who be posing dont last long on the 'raw denim fad' and go back to sneaks. this aint no ' go to BIG today, post on evo thread tomorrow' shit. grail jeans takes patience and dedication. good thing is, once they start fading they dont stop. they fade faster and faster usually, or @least it seems that way since wear/fading is cumulative.

eh i still don't think i'll go back to non j-brands just because i know what i could buy at the same price point for 7fam and all that--

but i wouldn't have a problem wearing distressed jeans from j-brands that have logical, convincing distressing.

i've seen distressing by the best of them, and it's not the same. look at those fake combs! now look at a kid with the ill natural combs...its like the difference between pussy & monkey-smacking. plus japanese brands charge major for pre-distressing. those 1108s you got would be $380 pre-distressed. why? cause the shits retarded ! 1108s dont fade quick. but when they do....:eek:

yea i as agreeing with your statement. as you go on it fades faster and faster. its slow at the beginning and then gets faster anf faster as you move on kinda like numbers like 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 it grows...

chan, you're the man, so please explain. i think i know what you're saying. fading is so complex a process...

like lets assume for convo's sake the intensity of wear is kept static, and we dont wash @all for mad long, like 2 years. what i'm saying is that the denim fades at the same rate, but it always seems to fade faster and faster since theres always less indigo every time you take notice. then after a while they seem to plateau-off for a time, and that seems(imho) to be the point where most 'project' jeans go into retirement, replaced by new raws, and never seen again on the evo thread. and thats what ive been preaching the past 2 days. i haven't seen a 2-year worn jean yet that wasn't sick, especially from okayama-dyed sufu brands. dudes sams are almost indescribable!

this is true. sort of like the snowball effect.

what i mean by the snowball effect is, a small snowball rolling down a hill will start out small. As it rolls down the hill and gets bigger, so will the amount it picks up. It grows exponentially. its kind of hard to explain on the internet but this is true about putting money in a bank also. What i have experienced with denim is that it starts fading a little at a time but as you wear them, the fading goes by alot faster.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, im having trouble sleeping. :(

edit: darn i took quite a bit writing my post and didn't see chan post before me. oh well its the thought that counts.