SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

welcome to the future, patrick

i have no personal experience with the brand, but IRON ARMY makes jeans with stretch; a supersearch for "iron army" will point you in the right direction'

also, try a supersearch for "raw for women"-----a thread devoted to jeans for the fairer sex

Should I get the S510XX21OZ when they come out?

Also, can someone tell me how sizing is on the Samurais? Do they run big? Do I have to soak em?

(Posted this in here, instead of "this or that." I figured my follow-up questions were more appropriate for this thread.) :)

Should I get the S510XX21OZ when they come out?

Also, can someone tell me how sizing is on the Samurais? Do they run big? Do I have to soak em?

(Posted this in here, instead of "this or that." I figured my follow-up questions were more appropriate for this thread.) :)

if u really want them, get them. 21oz Samurai denim is fucking tough stuff. they run slightly big but are suppose to shrink to tag size. its safe to size down one, most would recommend soaking it.

if u really want them, get them. 21oz Samurai denim is fucking tough stuff. they run slightly big but are suppose to shrink to tag size. its safe to size down one, most would recommend soaking it.

I really like the color, but the 21oz weight is kind of a con for me...xD

Thanks for the help!

Another question: Are S5000XX Raws true to tagged size or would I have to soak them?

Hey, quick question, any opnions on if i should was my nudie bootcut olas or maybe dry clean? I have been wearing them 4-5 times a week for about 6 months. If so how do I go about it? Do I just throw them in the machine or what? The reason I started thinking about washing them was becasue a girl today told me they smelt like cat piss, LOL, dont know how this is possible considering I dont have a cat, but....

dscf1365zp6.jpg

dscf1366vw2.jpg

Just wash them for fuck's sake. It's not rocket science, and if people are telling your jeans smell like cat piss that's a bad thing.

I have a question about Samurai. I want to get a pair of S0500XXs, but I've got another pair of Samurais that I need to wear in, and with summer approaching I probably won't need that much 15oz denim. What I'm wondering is if I wait, will they still be around? Are they really that limited of an edition that they'll be gone by fall? The denim contest has caused me to fall in love with their fading, but I really don't want to buy another pair right now.

Is the rise on 1947 501s more or less that the 1944s?

I think they're relatively the same...the 47's may have a slightly lower rise, depending on whether you're looking at a Japanese model or American, as well as pre-distressed or raw.

Historically, I think they only re-added the details that were removed during the war on the 47's, but the cut remained the same. You may want to post this question in the "Addicted to LVC" thread for the real experts to answer...and also check out some of the Japanese websites for exact measurements.

I think they're relatively the same...the 47's may have a slightly lower rise, depending on whether you're looking at a Japanese model or American, as well as pre-distressed or raw.

Historically, I think they only re-added the details that were removed during the war on the 47's, but the cut remained the same. You may want to post this question in the "Addicted to LVC" thread for the real experts to answer...and also check out some of the Japanese websites for exact measurements.

Thankyou a lot.

i have a pair of samurai 710s, 19oz, i was expecting it to be months before i started to see any wear but after only a week or two of wear the lap creases are already lightening up, is this normal for samurai's?

Here's an embarrassingly newb question:

After 4.5 months of daily wear, I just gave my SD-103s their first soak (besides the inital pre-wear soak).

My combs were never very deep, and fading was pretty faint. And now, having been submerged in my tub, and creases are gone (like khophian92!!!). Obviously, the new creases that are setting are different from the initial ones.

Ultimately, I guess I'm asking, did I fuck this up?

Miles- Don't worry about it. It happens to everyone, including myself. It'll just add character to your jeans.

If you're really anal about keeping your old set of creases, go ahead and starch em, then hand crease em so they'll stay that way. But I know lots of people would say this is "cheating". I say leave it as it is though.

im looking to get my first pair of proper japanese denim, so i just have a couple of q's

1. are the samurai 21oz limited edition? i really want a 21oz pair but summers coming and i wanted to get some okinawas first.

2. which companies were affected by the levi's lawsuit, do samurais still have arcuates?

thanks

I will make this short and sweet. I am torn between purchasing size 29 or size 30 in the RRDS. My natural waist size is about 32" but I wear my jeans with a slight sag so let's say around 33". I tried on a size 30 and it fits exactly how I want them to, but the online store is saying that I should be sizing down to a size 29 due to stretch. I usually purchase size 30 in all my jeans (Earnest Sewn, Levi's, SLIM JIM Nudie..etc).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic