SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Something I've been wondering for a while...

when you soak/wash jeans inside out, don't you lose a fuck-ton of indigo from abrasion when you pull them back outside-out while they're wet?? assuming you want to wear them dry, that is.

not really, although since they're inside-out from the wash, you don't know what they look like until you pull them inside out.

kai-wun, The APC NSs should fit how you want them to fit, factoring in the 1-1.5'' stretch in the waist. Also, the thigh/crotch will stretch out if they are a bit tight to start (it will take longer than the waist). My thighs are somewhat muscular too and they were tight in the thigh when I first bought them, now they're nice and loose (but still slim fitting). Bottom line, buy them tighter than you are want them to be, they don't take long to stretch out. Regarding the rave...rock them, just make sure noone pukes on them.

kai-wun, The APC NSs should fit how you want them to fit, factoring in the 1-1.5'' stretch in the waist. Also, the thigh/crotch will stretch out if they are a bit tight to start (it will take longer than the waist). My thighs are somewhat muscular too and they were tight in the thigh when I first bought them, now they're nice and loose (but still slim fitting). Bottom line, buy them tighter than you are want them to be, they don't take long to stretch out. Regarding the rave...rock them, just make sure noone pukes on them.

Cheers. I figured a rave was an awesome intensive "break-in" period for my NS =)

I just measured my best fitting pair of jeans. Laid flat, they are 16" across the waist. 12" across the crotch-thigh area, 10" mid thigh, 9" knees, and 8" bottom opening. I wonder if anyone has similar numbers of their worn in NS so I can aim for what to get. I was planning to get 28s, will try to try them on today. Not sure if I should get 29 or 27... ahah.

Just bought a pair and they fit my waist fine, but the thighs are rock star tight to the point of compressing my thighs.

How tight is too tight?

Anyone with 811s vouch for the stretch factor?

I normally get my true size (Kicking Mules, Samurais), but maybe I should have upsized the Eternals?

I've read the Eternal thread, but most people seem concerned with the waist and I'm concerned about the thighs. Too much cycling I'm sure.

Any help?

i sized down 1 on my 811, but only because i knew my thighs would fit. i mean, the waist on mine stretched out about 1.5 inches, so take that for what it is in regards to stretching. it should give out a little, even if you bought them one-wash. also depends how you want them to fit you.

I have question for the denim experts:

Eternal 811 size 30 fits me perfectly

Skull 5010xx size 30 fits me fine, extremely tight in the waist, no way I could have gotten a smaller size. Thighs are a little too tight.

If I want to get Skull 5507xx 6x6, should I get size 30 or size 29?

so i have been waiting forever for APC to reintroduce their overdyed black new standards. i got an email from them yesterday....they haven't done that, but have gone one step better - overdyed black cure and new cures, in stretch denim (2% elastane), exactly what i am looking for.

i'm not sure if and when these went into retail stores or for sale online, but was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the sizing of these? i am a 30 waist, and fit 27 in new standards.

the mens cure are at http://www.apc.fr/eu/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C024312169H and are sized from 28 upwards.

the womens new cure are at http://www.apc.fr/eu/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C024312300F and are available from size 25 through 30.

are they...

true to size?

true to APC raw size (ie 2/3 down)...?

cheers smile.gif

I'm ordering a pair of New Cures tomorrow from the denimbar. My nudie slim jims are a 28 and fit comfortably. However I also tried on a pair of April 77 Joeys there and in those I was a 29. I love the way they fit in vorhees post on the fit thread http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/473611572_a415496c4c_b.jpg (second from the right). So if I'm ordering to fit like that should I move just one size down like he did to a 27?

Seems like theres a lot of questions on APCs so hopefully someone can answer it for me.

Thanks!

overdyed black cure and new cures, in stretch denim (2% elastane)

are they...

true to size?

true to APC raw size (ie 2/3 down)...?

cheers smile.gif

i tried these on, im a 33-34 true waist (i wear 32 in NS, though i could also probably fit in a 31 NS) and i fit into a 32 in the stretch black cures, the waist fit fine but the legs were too slim for my liking. i guess i just prefer the NS cut.. any word on a black NS?

I'm really new to all this stuff so it's probably a really stupid question. Anyways, so if the APC New Standard are selvage while the New Cures arn't, are they raw denim? Also, does PBJ or Dior offer something similiar to the New Cures?

Hi,

I just received new pair of April 77 colordrive in sz 27. It is different because they are way bigger than my 26 and the guitar pick is black and the Disc attached tag says “Dance tonight revolution tomorrow” instead of just the normal “Since 1977” tag. The inside also says color drive gris. Are these fake or something or a new version? Can somone try to pm me please. Because it takes forever to find my post. Thanks!

Are there any pairs besides the Rescue that have a 36 inseam or longer in the APC line even if they are from previous seasons I'd still be interested as long as I had the ability to purchase them. The Rescues ass is too baggy for my liking but the inseam is perfect, though I prefer a more fitted leg.

ThankS!

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic