SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

chainstitch - old school stitching... could go into detail but won't. most coveted machine is the union special. i believe they used union specials to make levis' old stock (think 47s).

basically, look for somewhere that has a union special / a place that does chainstitching with another machine.

does anyone know how long it would take denimbar to ship international? it says next-business day - but that seems quite unlikely hearing people not getting theirs for weeks..

plus, is there addtional charge?

im thinking about getting a pair of new cures from denimbar online. they never seem to reply their emails. :(

does anyone know how long it would take denimbar to ship international? it says next-business day - but that seems quite unlikely hearing people not getting theirs for weeks..

plus, is there addtional charge?

im thinking about getting a pair of new cures from denimbar online. they never seem to reply their emails. :(

It took 2 weeks for the jeans to arrive to me, in the UK. The shipping was free (I believe they offer free shipping for orders over $100). Make sure you use the 20% coupon "style4um" when you place your order.

Quick question about dry denim. Apparently its okay for you to soak it for a few hours first? I just purchased the levis 1947, I am wondering if soaking it will screw up the indigo so I won't be able to break it in. Can anyone w/ experience help me out here?

Quick question about dry denim. Apparently its okay for you to soak it for a few hours first? I just purchased the levis 1947, I am wondering if soaking it will screw up the indigo so I won't be able to break it in. Can anyone w/ experience help me out here?

nothing short of bleaching them repeatedly will "screw up the indigo so [you] won't be able to break it in."

the first post in the superdenim encyclopaedia has links to many many discussions on washing, soaking, &c.

Ive read those and the advice seems somewhat mixed. By breaking in, I am refering to getting that nice contrast you can only get w/ dry denim that has been worked in. Washing in detergent will put a stop to this instantly. It seems as though a soak in cold water will not, I am wondering about a soak in hot water, since it wouldnt be a totally bad thing to shrink these babies a bit

Washing in detergent will put a stop to this instantly.

no. it won't.

It seems as though a soak in cold water will not, I am wondering about a soak in hot water, since it wouldnt be a totally bad thing to shrink these babies a bit.

hot or cold, 47s will shrink either way.

Choose 2 of 4 (wow I'm really abusing this Small Questions Thread)

Samurai S710XX 19oz

Skull S5010xx 6x6

Studio D'Artisan SD103

Sugar Cane Hawaii Natural Indigo 40400N

I'm 5'8.5"/160lbs. Big ass, wear 30-31 in most jeans.

Cross the S710's off your list. If you have a big butt, tapered jeans will only make your butt look bigger, unless that's what you're going for.

I think weather dunks loog good or not trashed has to do w/ the material and color of the dunk in question. Certain styles look much better worn in, especially the ones w/ higher end leather in bright colours. The swede not so much. In the end I guess its all a matter of personal taste. Are you going for a clean look or not? Personally I hate the way brand new shoes look

Choose 2 of 4 (wow I'm really abusing this Small Questions Thread)

Samurai S710XX 19oz

Skull S5010xx 6x6

Studio D'Artisan SD103

Sugar Cane Hawaii Natural Indigo 40400N

I'm 5'8.5"/160lbs. Big ass, wear 30-31 in most jeans.

The Hawaiis have a fuller seat, so I'd recommend those. I'm not very familiar with the cuts of the other 3, but the 103's are amazing, so I'd get them as well.

Do the PBJ's from BIG have the blue tab (I know I"m being anal... but...)

Pretty sure they've all been cut off.

"All of our denim products imported from Japan or any other country will no

longer contain tabs sewn into pocket seams made of any type of material and

of any color including leather. They will also be void of any back pocket

arcuates."

alright ive recently put on some weight... b/c ive been really inactive no more rugby or football... i can still fit into my 505s but they feel a little tighter especially around my thigh b/c it has started to flab up a little... how do i know when a pair of jeans are too tight for me?

alright ive recently put on some weight... b/c ive been really inactive no more rugby or football... i can still fit into my 505s but they feel a little tighter especially around my thigh b/c it has started to flab up a little... how do i know when a pair of jeans are too tight for me?

When you don't feel comfortable wearing them.

I currently have the following jeans in my rotation: 45rpm Sorahiko Slim, Sugar Cane Union Star, Flat Head 5100 and Iron Heart 634s.

Can someone recommend a good pair of boots that goes well with these jeans.(black or brown, doesnt matter) I have been wearing Jordan shoes and baggy pants for a good part of my life and since im very new to selvedge denim, i got no idea what boots to look at .

thanks in advance

I currently have the following jeans in my rotation: 45rpm Sorahiko Slim, Sugar Cane Union Star, Flat Head 5100 and Iron Heart 634s.

Can someone recommend a good pair of boots that goes well with these jeans.(black or brown, doesnt matter) I have been wearing Jordan shoes and baggy pants for a good part of my life and since im very new to selvedge denim, i got no idea what boots to look at .

thanks in advance

There's a huge ass thread in the Denim forum called Shoes That Last (or something like that). Lots of ideas in there...Redmoon, R.M. Williams, etc.

I need help. Nothing fits me.

Pure Blue, Sorahikos, Eternals, Skulls, and Somets are too short. Because I'm so skinny, Samurais and Sugar Canes look awful on me. 19cms are too tight for my thighs. What should I try then? (I need an inseam of 38, and obviously I can't hem them).

Checking in again but I'm probably gonna be on my own on this one. I'm looking for one pair of indigo jeans to leave Japan with, preferably Japanese.

I still havent found any skulls in Japan, but I'm pretty sure I tried some on at Self Edge before I left and I didn't really like how the seat kinda stuck out from my ass.

I'm a skinny fucker but I feel like my thighs got too big for my slim kims so I ditched them. The only denim I wear now are my black dukes in 29. I'm looking for a similar cut, probably a tiny bit bigger through the thigh and leg, and a normal rise is fine. SE lists the dukes as 10.5" in the thigh and 7.75" leg opening. That means thin but not april77/19cm thin I think.

Most standard straight cuts are gonna be too big I think. I just got back from trying on some 45rpms in their straight cut or w/e sorahiku or something maybe but they were just too wide. I kinda liked one of the johnbull cuts (the dude at the store said they were the 2nd skinniest) but they only had like destroyed or else some blue/blue weft that I didnt really like.

I don't really know what to do now. I kinda want to try some 21cms but they didnt have any in the Osaka store.

I need help. Nothing fits me.

Pure Blue, Sorahikos, Eternals, Skulls, and Somets are too short. Because I'm so skinny, Samurais and Sugar Canes look awful on me. 19cms are too tight for my thighs. What should I try then? (I need an inseam of 38, and obviously I can't hem them).

If you're shaped anything like me you might want to try some imperial dukes if you haven't already. They are 38" I think.

e: man those SExIHs look nice..

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic