SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I'm probably going to wash my Iron Army's relatively soon (actually probably not until I get back to the states in a couple months... but I'm daydreaming) for the first time (other than 1 hot soak). I was thinking that maybe right before I wash them, I'd do a couple things just to basically get them reeeeally dirty and maybe get some last minute pre-wash wear. Right now I'm thinking wear them for a couple miles worth of running (enough to break a solid nasty leg-sweat) and then go for a swim in the ocean. And then wash them... with lots of soap.

Anyone think this is worth doing, or just risking overheating and sinking for negligible results?

Different story...

811 - slim , 66 cut..

S5000VX - straight, loose style

811 is slimmer than the s5000 cut? by how much would you say? could you comment on the slimness versus pbj or skulls?

I just bought some BK's from parachutes.

Should i be worried about customs?

(levis lawsuit or w/e)

i think customs cares more about drugs and weapons being imported... in another words, no.

so i've narrowed down my choice to cheap monday, april 77 or apc new cures

what's the overall quality on these denims? i know cheap monday is cheap, but is the denim and construction as well?

you can tell the cheapness of the cheap mondays in the stiching, construction, overall feel. its worth what you paid but not really anymore than that.

im about 6ft 2 and a bit ", what size american appreal t shirts should i get? I was thiking medium as Large seems to be a bit big in most other t shirts, its more the length im bothered about. If any one has a "fine jersey short sleeve t shirt" in medium, it would be awsome if you could measure from the back of the neck to the bottom of the t shirt for me and tell me what it is.

im about 6ft 2 and a bit ", what size american appreal t shirts should i get? I was thiking medium as Large seems to be a bit big in most other t shirts, its more the length im bothered about. If any one has a "fine jersey short sleeve t shirt" in medium, it would be awsome if you could measure from the back of the neck to the bottom of the t shirt for me and tell me what it is.

Can't really help you without your weight...but AA shirts are usually standard sized, but shrink a lot, so size up one from what you normally wear. So probably Large.

If I buy some new 501 STFs and dry clean them, will they still bleed onto my shoes? Also, does dry cleaning prevent a loss of indigo, and retain the color of "raw" denim?

I've also been wearing a pair of STFs for 5 months now, and the honeycombs and whiskers suck. All I've done is a warm soak when I first got them. Should starch help, or is it useless to try getting better creases by now?

Does anyone know if denimbar carries APC Cures (not new cures)? I emailed them but it's taking awhile.

Also, does anyone know any measurements about APC cures in a size 31 or 30 or a good description of the difference in the new and old cure fits?

what exactly does starching do? I mean.. sure, soak or spray your jeans with solution, but what's the mechanism present that helps the distressing process? what exaclt happens?

The stiffer the fabric, the more the fabric will retain the creases...which in turn will fade differently than the non-creased part of the jean. Starch just makes your jeans stiff.

Thinking about getting a pair of SC Okinawa. Question I have is does anybody know if there is a difference in fading when it comes to the One Wash Vs RAW and which one fades quickier/easier if any. Thanks.

Don't think there'd be too much of a difference...especially if you soaked the raw when you got them. I don't think that particular jean is known for its fading properties...possibly due to my ignorance in not having seen a really worn-in pair yet.

Either way, check out the SC thread for more info.

Don't think there'd be too much of a difference...especially if you soaked the raw when you got them. I don't think that particular jean is known for its fading properties...possibly due to my ignorance in not having seen a really worn-in pair yet.

Either way, check out the SC thread for more info.

Yeah i checked. tried searching under one wash. Are u saying SC in general are not known for their fading patterns in general?

Although I'm not in the states I often order items from HK and delivery times differ greatly in my experience. I've ordered from the one place 3 times and each time the item was in stock, shipped on the day I ordered using the same shipping method each time and it has taken 4 days, 1 week and the last time it took 15 days!

I know this doesnt really help but shipping always takes different amounts of time. Didnt the person/place you bought it from give an estimated time of delivery?

i'm getting my dukes hemmed tommorow and i'm not sure how much i should have taken off.. i'd like to be able to cuff them once and a while but i don't want the bottoms to drag. i'm thinking maybe lower the insteam from 39.5 to 35?

Where do u get ur dukes in a 39.5 inseam?:eek: I think some peeps here will kill to get their hands on those.

Dukes tend to shrink 0 to 1 inch. Keep that in mind.

okay i need some advice on what type of prewash/one wash jeans i should get. I don't want anything really thick. so far the option i found best was some lucky brand jeans.

for reference im looking to get this look in the end:

from evo thread

levisredfront1uz.jpg

levisredback1hx.jpg

i want the fade more subtle and the denim light in color and really soft in the end

I have a quick and kinda stupid question, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else... Basically, I'm looking to buy a good pair of Japanese jeans, but as I'm going to be ordering from Japan I've really only got one chance at them so I want to make sure they fit. The two pairs of jeans I've worn in the past year or so are a pair of Edwin 503s (just the plain model, not the Blue Trip business) and APC New Standards. I love the Edwins, the fit is perfect and they would look GREAT if they weren't an atrocious faded wash. The APCs... well, I've had them for two months and I'm not really excited about them. I wear a 31 in the Edwins and got a 30 in APC, but they're still not that comfortable and my junk is outlined a bit too clearly for comfort, especially when I sit down. That leaves me looking for something along the same fit as the 503s, which would be really easy to do if I only knew what size they're supposed to be!

TL;DR Version: I assume the Edwin 503 jeans are based on some Levis, but what model? 501? In any case, what is a quality jean that'll have the same basic measurements? Any help would be greatly appreciated:D

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic