SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Kicking myself I cant remeber a website ... the front of the site has a pile of denim on the front, when you mouseover the image has links to terms and galleries etc, and it has a way to send in snaps of your own jeans. They list submitted pictures in categories by brand, and then inside that its user-titles by model/age/wash.

Anyone remember it? Could bew raw selvege.com or something like that?

Kicking myself I cant remeber a website ... the front of the site has a pile of denim on the front, when you mouseover the image has links to terms and galleries etc, and it has a way to send in snaps of your own jeans. They list submitted pictures in categories by brand, and then inside that its user-titles by model/age/wash.

Anyone remember it? Could bew raw selvege.com or something like that?

http://rawselvedge.com

I just recently machine washed a pair of raw denim (45rpm Sorahiko slim). The waist and inseam now fits me perfectly. I know its normal for the waist to stretch.... but how about the inseam? will it slowly stretch out to its normal state (37.5" inseam, shrank to around 34")

I know its normal for the waist to stretch.... but how about the inseam? will it slowly stretch out to its normal state

No. If anything the inseam will shrink a bit more with subsequent washes. If it's too short, I've heard of people soaking their denim and trying to stretch it, but don't expect any success from that method.

The waist stretches because your putting pressure on it through wear/walking/etc. Not so for the inseam.

-Don't ride a bike with it, don't fall on your ass, etc. Basically, not put stress at the crotch area.

-Keep your denim clean (wash it!). Dirt will accelerate it's dis-integration.

-Jeans with low rise are believed to be more prone to crotch rip.

That's what I did and I have yet to suffer a crotch rip, even with Nudie (king of crotch rips)

i've been wearing my APC New Standards for about 2 months now. they've stretched unbelievably to the point where they're pretty much not slim anymore. would soaking it and letting it dry shrink it back down to its original size and fit?

i've been wearing my APC New Standards for about 2 months now. they've stretched unbelievably to the point where they're pretty much not slim anymore. would soaking it and letting it dry shrink it back down to its original size and fit?

Briefly, yes...then they'll stretch back out again, but much quicker this time. Sorry.:(

anyone know the difference in fit/quality between the LVC 1947 and regular 501 shrink to fits?

edit: I guess the 1947 is selvadge, but what else?

The 47's have covered back-pocket rivets, punch-through copper rivets used throughout, leather patch, heavier quality denim, which I believe for some year's collections comes from cone mills (maybe all seasons...can't remember). Oh, and the price will be different. ;)

Hey guys

To all of you that own a pair of Nikki Sixx.. I just had a pair ordered and it finally arrived today ! My only concern is the fit. Did you guys experience the jeans being really stiff? When I tried Sugars on, here in Vancouver, I could have sworn they had stretch in them so I assumed the Nikki Sixx did too. I got a sz 27 which is the same size as my Hoboken Black bullets but the Nikki Sixx waist is way tighter. Are they suppose to stretch within time? Or should I size up and get a 28? Somone help me out? Thanks.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic