SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Can anyone help me with Sugarcane belt sizing? I've heard that they run small but I just wanted to confirm with someone that has this belt (http://www.zipangu-treasures.com/servlet/the-17/Sugar-Cane-Natural-Cowhide/Detail). I'm a 30" waist, so would it be a good idea to get a 32" belt or 34" belt (in either the untanned leather or black)?

Guest Airjamie

Ok, i really really really need some fucking answers to these questions.

A size 31 April 77 joey Overdrive fits me perfectly in the waist, what size should i go for in JR hoboken nikki sixx?

Are JR hoboken nikki sixx as undersized in the waist as the black bullets?

How much will the waist on the nikki sixx and the no wash stretch?

How much will the waist on ande whalls stretch?

i have a 32-32.5 waist size, and i sized down to a size 30 in APC new standards. anybody know what waist size i should get with Dior Homme MIJ 19cm's?

It depends on how you wear em. Go for 31s if you like em skinny, 32s if you like em natural fit. They'll stretch out a little, but not as crazy as APCs do.

Imma denim newbie. I don't wanna post a new thread cos I know I'll get thrashed hah.

I impusle bought two pairs of Cheap Monday OD black/dark grey skinny jeans. sz30/31. I'm going through a style revolution and thinking this might be it.

Poking around here I find myself needing to buy some more jeans. Problem, I'm not skinny/tall. Im only 175cm tall and 72.6kg. (5'9"/160lb) Waist sz30 in most pants (actually fit in them now, my 32s are wayy too big... cheers to the gym). What are the best "slimming" jeans? I like fitted jeans, but if it's ball-crunchingly tight.. that's no good.

I'm considering... APC New Standards/New Cures. April77 Overdrives. Cheap Monday Raws. Maybe even splurge for a pair of MIJ Dior Homme. 19cm or 21cm?

I guess none of these are selvagde, eh? What's the best value in selvadge denim? I'm just looking for an indigo blue raw....

Cheers

-Kai

//edit: Oops, I forgot to mention, I have pretty big thighs from working out. I'm planning on slimming down more, so jeans that make me look lean and tall would be awesome.... (I'm very worried I'm too thick for DH19cm or April77...)

Can anyone help me with Sugarcane belt sizing? I've heard that they run small but I just wanted to confirm with someone that has this belt (http://www.zipangu-treasures.com/servlet/the-17/Sugar-Cane-Natural-Cowhide/Detail). I'm a 30" waist, so would it be a good idea to get a 32" belt or 34" belt (in either the untanned leather or black)?

I remember reading in the Sugar Cane thread to size up one, so if you're a 30 waist, get a 32....but if you're stuck with a 34, I'm sure it would still fit on the lower holes.

you are definitely too big for april77

There's no reason to comment on someone's size...

kai-wun: if you like Cheap Monday, you'll probably like April77's fit...both are very tight. If you're looking for selvedge in a slim cut, go for cures/new cures (as previously mentioned).

you are definitely too big for april77

Thought so. The models on there look pretty stick-figury. Oh well.

Best value would be APC New Standards or New Cure. Size down at least one or two from your true waist size.

Thanks! But I thought APC are not selvage. Or maybe the new standards are not, but the cures are?

If I'm too big for April77, would I be also too big for DH? Maybe 21cm instead of 19cm?

For some reason I want to get a pair of jeans from each country. Haha. Cheap Monday, sweden. APC, france. DH... well DH is just Dior... How about best cheapest japanese selvage? I think the two pairs of Cheap Monday skin-tight-tights are enough... I'm moving towards slim fit (but not pantyhose) jeans...

There's no reason to comment on someone's size...

kai-wun: if you like Cheap Monday, you'll probably like April77's fit...both are very tight. If you're looking for selvedge in a slim cut, go for cures/new cures (as previously mentioned).

Thanks. But I've already accepted the fact that I wont be as thin as some =) Doesn't really bother me too much. I specifically ordered Cheap Monday for the reason that they're cheap. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the fit, and I ordered the tight skinny jeans (not the Raw).

I see you're in Toronto. I'm also in Toronto. Maybe I'll hit up TNT/Holts and check out how the APC and DH fit....

Thanks. But I've already accepted the fact that I wont be as thin as some =) Doesn't really bother me too much. I specifically ordered Cheap Monday for the reason that they're cheap. I wasn't sure if I was going to like the fit, and I ordered the tight skinny jeans (not the Raw).

I see you're in Toronto. I'm also in Toronto. Maybe I'll hit up TNT/Holts and check out how the APC and DH fit....

Well its up to you to decide what fit works best with your body...still not for someone else to comment on.

Anyway, you're right, not all APC's are selvedge, but the story is that they use the same denim for all their raw jeans, but some of the cuts exclude the selvedge line...not sure if that's truly accurate or not. The NS's have the red selvedge, and the cures do not.

Not sure what your price range is, but if I were you, I would save the cash from buying multiples pairs of jeans, and buy one pricier pair. For reference though, they carry APC at TNT, Holt's, and Nomad. April77 is only TNT (that I've seen). Cheap Monday's are at Showroom.

If you're looking to drop some cash, Klaxon Howl has Sugar Cane and LVC. Nomad has Imperial, Kicking Mule is at TNT and Lileo - there are a few other brands at Lileo too, like Jean Shop, Kato, and Chimala.

Thanks for all the info. I think I will go try out the New Standards, April77 and DH19/21cm. Then I'll decide which to buy. I'm probably gonna get the NS and 21cm if my bodytype doesn't suit the superskinny look.

What is good value for money japanese selvegde? I see all these names being thrown around; Evisu, Samurai, 45rpm... don't even know where to start. I'm looking at sub-$200 to $500 at most.

I've heard the APC NS fit similar to the DH... so I might just skip out on the DH and get a pair of "real" japanese denim. Or would the DH be just as japanese. Hm. I'm not a fan of funky designs...

Are DH selvedge?

Thanks for all the info. I think I will go try out the New Standards, April77 and DH19/21cm. Then I'll decide which to buy. I'm probably gonna get the NS and 21cm if my bodytype doesn't suit the superskinny look.

What is good value for money japanese selvegde? I see all these names being thrown around; Evisu, Samurai, 45rpm... don't even know where to start. I'm looking at sub-$200 to $500 at most.

I've heard the APC NS fit similar to the DH... so I might just skip out on the DH and get a pair of "real" japanese denim. Or would the DH be just as japanese. Hm. I'm not a fan of funky designs...

Are DH selvedge?

Diors are available in japanese denim, and I've heard there are a few selvedge pairs floating around. Just read the label to see that they're not Italian (if that's what you want). I'm not sure if APC's are japanese denim or not. If you're looking to see stuff in person, the only actual raw Japanese jeans (manufactured there and denim from there) you'll find in Toronto are Sugar Cane and Kato. If you want to buy online, you'll see which brands are talked about most, and they're all great jeans. Any brands they carry at www.blueingreensoho.com and www.selfedge.com are a good place to start.

ps - check out the Toronto Meeting thread in the superofficial section

Checked out Holt's @ Yorkdale today, they had no DH. Will check out the one at Bay/Bloor when I go to school.

I think I've decided on two pairs. One, APC New Standards (or New Cures, not completely decided yet) and DH Raw (either 19cm or 21cm, but I figure if I can't fit into April77, I should stick w/21cm). Both Indigo.

APC NS/NC are raws right? Which ones are selvedge? I hear sometimes that you say the Cures/New Cures are... then other times the Standards are....

How about the DH MIJ Raws? Are they selvedge?

Hi guys,

I am interested in getting started in raw denim, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to wear just one pair of pants for so long and also not wash it, so I just wanted to buy a cheap but still decent tester pair. I really need a pair of jeans that is loose on the bottom of the leg, otherwise I look like I have clown feet. I'm still thinking about nudies but I saw a lot of busted crotches, which I really don't want. Cheap monday has tight legs, so I can't pull them off, and most of APC stuff seems to too. Not really a fan of levi's, but if there's no other choice I suppose I could.

The price isn't so strict, but I'm kind of thinking that optimally the denim would be like $75 or under or really durable (no busted crotch after a few months), then if I ended up not reallying wearing it I wouldn't lose that much.

I was thinking about perhaps http://www.azaleaonline.com/jc504a.html for a cheap pair, but I don't know if this will fit me, I wear a 29-30 with a 32-34 inseam in most sizes. I'm also not sure if raw wash=dry denim, but I think it does.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much

Hey,

first and formost, if this is the wrong forum to post this, feel free to move and i apologize in advance.

i had purcahsed a pair of puma evisus straight fit rigids way back when. i love the fit however didn't like how they were kinda waxy and pre washed. my question is if any other jeans that're raw denim have the same fit. i tried nudie rrds but it's still a little slim. how're the imperial kings? apc rescues? cheap mondays of any kind? thanks in advance for any positive input. p.s., please do lemme know where i can cop these denim online or whatnot. thanks again!

Thanks for all the responses guys, do you have any links to sites that would sell these? I've never seen raw denim in any of the urban outfitters I've gone to (I live in Minneapolis), so if anybody is familiar with the area, maybe they could recommend a store otherwise point me to some online sites?

And is that a no to the pair I listed in this link? http://www.azaleaonline.com/jc504a.html

those are a really unflattering cut, you may find yourself hating them soon enough, seem to be really big in the hem area, i don't know how slim of a jean you would want, but i'd probably go for the gap raws if i were you for a "test" pair

Thanks for all the responses guys, do you have any links to sites that would sell these? I've never seen raw denim in any of the urban outfitters I've gone to (I live in Minneapolis), so if anybody is familiar with the area, maybe they could recommend a store otherwise point me to some online sites?

And is that a no to the pair I listed in this link? http://www.azaleaonline.com/jc504a.html

Not sure if I should post this here or the APC thread.

I'm pretty much set on buying the APC New Standards. I hear they are quite versatile, wear them lean, wear them skinny-ish, wear them baggy-ish. I want the "appearance" of being taller, so lean looking would be great. Slim fit, but not "leggings". I definitely cannot pull off Cheap Monday/April77. My thighs and calves are quite big from working out.

Now my question is, when I try on a pair of APC-NS in the store, should it be loose or properly fit? I understand they stretch out a bit (maybe 1-1.5" on waist). THey are also sanforized so they won't shrink (that much).

Secondly, is it a bright idea to wear them to a rave before my first wash? :D

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic