SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

^thats how i hang dry mine. just clip the hems on the hanger and i drape the waist around a small fan like where your waist would be. so there is airflow inside the jeans, dries fasterrrr and stretches out a little bit. at least i like to think so. hahhh

i like the way APC's start out. they're really stiff and you have to break them in. i believe because they're sanforized...? anyway, i want my lvc's to be like these but they start off fitting way too loosely and i don't feel there's enough starch to break them in like APC's. to achieve this, should i take a new pair of lvc's, put them in a tub full of hot water and starch, and then wear them in until they dry?

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is a difference between the cuts of the APC NCs and the nudie's Thin Finn? Can anyone help?

I'm thinking of getting a pair of NCs. But I hesitating due to the fact that I only got my finns 3 months ago. :( Nudies are a little too main stream in my land.

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is a difference between the cuts of the APC NCs and the nudie's Thin Finn? Can anyone help?

I'm thinking of getting a pair of NCs. But I hesitating due to the fact that I only got my finns 3 months ago. :( Nudies are a little too main stream in my land.

They're two different brands, with two different models of jeans. If you can figure it out contextclothing.com has measurements of each.

i like the way APC's start out. they're really stiff and you have to break them in. i believe because they're sanforized...? anyway, i want my lvc's to be like these but they start off fitting way too loosely and i don't feel there's enough starch to break them in like APC's. to achieve this, should i take a new pair of lvc's, put them in a tub full of hot water and starch, and then wear them in until they dry?

Yes, that would work - as you've guessed, the hot water will shrink them and the starch will replace that lost in the soak - the only minor downside is you might also get a few more broken threads on the honeycombs etc that way. Most sanforized jeans leave the factory with more starch than STF jeans.

My girlfriend has to do a paper on an American icon/artifact. Naturally I suggested that she do her report on jeans. I know there are quite a few knowledgeable people here, so I was wondering if anyone had some good books she could look at to start her research. Right now she's going to be looking at "Jeans, a Cultural History of an American Icon" by James Sullivan..

Anyone know some more books along these lines? Thanks in advance.

I have a question regarding what kind of jeans as should go for as I am a novice. The next pair of jeans I purchase I want to be selvage/raw, as I've never owned a actually nice pair of jeans before. The best pants I currently own are True Religions, but those are comparitive crap. From the research of selvage I've done so far, reading forums/websites about selvage, I've decided I want to either Nudie Average Joes, APC Rescue, or Samurai 500XX. I don't know if as a selvage novice I should go for a more entry level pair, or just go for the sammies. Also, I was wondering if the those sammies would work for me as I have pretty average thighs. I'm not super skinny or anything, and usually really tight pants with taper look a bit awkward on me. The problem is I really want a pair that fits, not snuggly, but not at all baggy. I have a pair of Levis 514s that have an 8 inch hem, which is just about a quarter of an inch bigger than the 500XXs. The Levis are sraight rather than tapered, but I feel like they fit me the best out of all my jeans. Or at least the levis fit the closest to how I want my jeans to fit. They're still just a bit baggy. I usually wear a size 30, but I think my true waist is 32. What do you guys think?

I have a question regarding what kind of jeans as should go for as I am a novice. The next pair of jeans I purchase I want to be selvage/raw, as I've never owned a actually nice pair of jeans before. The best pants I currently own are True Religions, but those are comparitive crap. From the research of selvage I've done so far, reading forums/websites about selvage, I've decided I want to either Nudie Average Joes, APC Rescue, or Samurai 500XX. I don't know if as a selvage novice I should go for a more entry level pair, or just go for the sammies. Also, I was wondering if the those sammies would work for me as I have pretty average thighs. I'm not super skinny or anything, and usually really tight pants with taper look a bit awkward on me. The problem is I really want a pair that fits, not snuggly, but not at all baggy. I have a pair of Levis 514s that have an 8 inch hem, which is just about a quarter of an inch bigger than the 500XXs. The Levis are sraight rather than tapered, but I feel like they fit me the best out of all my jeans. Or at least the levis fit the closest to how I want my jeans to fit. They're still just a bit baggy. I usually wear a size 30, but I think my true waist is 32. What do you guys think?

Your post was long so I didn't read most of it...but start with the 5000's. If you get shitty APC or Nudie, you'll just end up getting the Sams later anyway, so save yourself some money. Go down 1 size.

i haven't fucked with raw denim since 07, so somebody me out.

someone recommend me something that is well tapered from knee to opening, a slight antifit with long inseam, snug on thighs, and slubby would be nice. Just throw out some names!

Samurai S0500

Here's a noob question:

Does unwashed denim = raw denim?

I was looking at the Julian Red Hoboken Corrosion, and it is described as "unwashed denim". Does this mean it will fade?

Yes, they will fade.

Your post was long so I didn't read most of it...but start with the 5000's. If you get shitty APC or Nudie, you'll just end up getting the Sams later anyway, so save yourself some money. Go down 1 size.

The 5000s won't be too baggy? From the fit pics I've seen they looked a bit loose, but that may have been because the jeans were not sized down, or the jeans were not hot soaked before the fot pics. Would it be possible to go down 2 sizes? And thank you kindly for your responce.

Also, I am now considering the S710s.

The 5000s won't be too baggy? From the fit pics I've seen they looked a bit loose, but that may have been because the jeans were not sized down, or the jeans were not hot soaked before the fot pics. Would it be possible to go down 2 sizes? And thank you kindly for your responce.

Also, I am now considering the S710s.

Sure, 710's are good too. In term of slimness - 5000, then 0500, then 710 being the slimmest. I think there's another new model that's super lowrise & slim too...haven't seen those in person tho.

Anybody out there can tell me about the differences between a Levi's Type I, Type II and Type III jacket? Does LVC produce these jackets?

Type III is the standard style you see today; Type II has pleats on the front and 2 pockets; Type 1 also has pleats and only 1 pocket and a cinchback. I think that's right...I might have mixed up some details. The "type" name is used for any brand's jackets (originally for Levi's tho). LVC has produced all of them, but it probably depends on which collection (year) for availability.

r there jeans with right hand twill on one leg and left hand on other?

God I hope not.

I bought a pair of grim tims true to size...they stretched out entirely too much, mainly in the knee. I can deal with stretching most places, but knee bulge is my weakness. I was forced to retire a good pair of jeans after just a month of wear. How do I avoid this happening on my next pair? Whatever they may be..

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic