SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

So I picked up a pair of FH F380's, size 36 (one up from my usual 34). They didn't shrink nearly as much as I was expecting despite them soaking in very hot water. The waist is pretty much perfect, but the thighs seem loose. I'm fine with the fit but will it affect the fade? Will they fade less because of the looseness? Any help would be appreciated

Looking for imperial kings sizing advice.

I'm a 30 in Nudie RRDS, have a true waist size of 30.8". Should I get a 29, 30, or 31 in waist for the Imperial Kings (indigo).

Get a size 30 in the Kings, if they're snug at first don't worry about it too much as they'll stretch within a week or so of wear.

Here's the size chart if you need it:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=186

So I picked up a pair of FH F380's, size 36 (one up from my usual 34). They didn't shrink nearly as much as I was expecting despite them soaking in very hot water. The waist is pretty much perfect, but the thighs seem loose. I'm fine with the fit but will it affect the fade? Will they fade less because of the looseness? Any help would be appreciated

I wouldn't worry about it too much, if the waist is snug after a hot soak then you got the right size. The F380 isn't exactly a slim jean, it's essentially a roomier version of the F310.

Don't worry about the fading either, the denim crocks quickly and produces a pretty high contrast fade on it's own regardless of how slim the jean is.

I'm a 30 in Nudie RRDS, have a true waist size of 30.8". Should I get a 29, 30, or 31 in waist for the Imperial Kings (indigo).

i say size 29. my dukes stretched quite a bit in the waist.

loose jeans fade a little differently than tight jeans in that they crease in slightly different ways and, in most cases, they experience creasing and friction to a somewhat lesser degree, as they are under less strain. for example you may have trouble developing distinct honeycombs, but they will eventually develop no matter what. however the properties of the denim are the same and the degree of fading and contrast you receive will be solely a result of how you wear them.

that being said if they fit nicely in the waist on day one then they may be pretty loose on day 180. try another hot soak and then a hot tumble dry and then see what you think. my 2 cents

i say the 30s are the safest bet, but size down to 29 if you're on the thinner side. the kings will stretch and they have plenty of room throughout the leg (this coming from someone with relatively thick thighs). i got a pair in my true size (29) and wished i had gotten a 28 after a while.

now for my own query. already asked in this or that, but only received one response.

i'm looking for a new pair indigos and my favorite fitting pair of jeans are my samurai S5000BKs. would FH 3005s, FH 3008s, or IH 634s be the closest cut? or is there another pair/brand i should check out? (aside from the obvious 5000VXs.....i kinda want to experiment with other denims.)

i should also mention that i'm on a quest for a nice fit. not the best fades or the most durable.

and if it helps any, my sammies are 28x36s.

Ok first post for me.

I have just purchased my first pair of what I was told by the store assistant are 14oz selvage raw denim jeans. These should have cost £179 according to the ticket, I purchased them on sale at £100. Having done some research on these forums since buying them it appears that these may not be true selvage denim as advertised, if you look at the photo you will see the edges of the seams are frayed. Can anyone tell me if I've been miss-sold these jeans?

selvage.jpg

Does anybody know if Redmoon denim has been faked? I'm in Hanoi right now and stumbled on a store with a little stack of "Redmoon 327" jeans for less than the ~$150 I thought they cost....

I remember seeing some fake Redmoon jeans on eBay a while ago, sold with fake Sugar Cane, so the ones you've seen might be fake as well. How do they feel?

damn search function doesnt do anything for me in this forums cause theres always like 2039482093 replies in a thread. anyway

im ordering some s710s from 2nd in japan. so far, ive contacted in english and they've quoted me for 28640 yen and they sent me a paypal request. im just wondering if placing an order through email is really legit? cause i know that some/most people get a rakuten id, then order through the site....

im ordering some s710s from 2nd in japan. so far, ive contacted in english and they've quoted me for 28640 yen and they sent me a paypal request. im just wondering if placing an order through email is really legit? cause i know that some/most people get a rakuten id, then order through the site....

with 2nd, yes. unless you are able to register in katakana then you wont have a rakuten ID. most people dont register on rakuten. check with pirates though before you buy from 2nd (http://www.rakuten.co.jp/pirates/), they may also be able to order them for you.. they are the most helpful ive found, and can answer all your questions in english, and help with ordering and measurements

If I wear a belt with my jeans, will it prevent them from stretching?

Won't really prevent them from stretching in the waist, but if the belt is tight enough it will definitely prevent them from stretching their maximum amount.

Edwin Sen Cinchback: How should i size these? Cultizm says they run 2 inches bigger than tagged size. but how much do they stretch?

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p346_EDWIN-SEN-SELVAGE-SKINNY-CINCH-JAPAN-JEAN---NEW.html

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic