SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I just received my flathead tan leather belt in the mail from Self Edge. It feels and looks great, but should I apply any sort of protectant or try to 'tan' it or anything? I have a tub of obenauf's heavy duty LP that I could use, but if it's already treated I don't see the point.

It definitely doesn't need anymore treatment as they are treated before they leave flathead. The only reason I would put obenauf's or pecards or do any tanning is if you wanted to change the color quickly.

I own the SC41955 of whose denime the SExSC is based on. I've washed these jeans over 5 times now, and they will only improve with age. The OE feel on these jeans is deliberate. They aren't meant to be as slubby as a pair of Sams. They'll break down great over time. Just keep wearing them.

Ahaha, that would explain a lot. The denim is comparatively thin against other r/r denim.

What contributes to the thickness of denim? I have my thoughts, but I'd prefer making sure I have the right ones.

-JF

Ahaha, that would explain a lot. The denim is comparatively thin against other r/r denim.

What contributes to the thickness of denim? I have my thoughts, but I'd prefer making sure I have the right ones.

-JF

Actually, the thickness and density of the denim used on the SEXSC02 is similar in feel to MOST denim being produced by these artisan Japanese companies, between 14oz and 14.5oz.. It's not any thinner or less dense than anything else you'll see in it's class.

The thickness and density of denim is attributed to how the loom was set up prior to weaving. The most amazing denim i've seen in over a year is Sugar Cane's new Slack Denim. It's a super slubby 13oz. denim that feels like nothing i've ever felt before.

When setting up the loom they had it set up so that it wove the fabric extremely loose as to replicate hand powered wooden looms from the late 19th century.

I am looking to get some Wranglers as they look to have the most bang for the low-end buck. I was thinking of getting them quite a bit longer than my normal inseam so i could get some decent stacking. I was just wondering as to what the consensus was on it... how much is too much etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

robbie

Could someone tell me; is it just me or does most japanese denim jeans look cheap? I mean, look at Skulls. In most pictures i've seen, they don't have that shine to them and when they're worn out, they get the color of a pair of those light 501's. Is this with all Japanese brands? Also, the texture looks really hairy.

Could someone tell me; is it just me or does most japanese denim jeans look cheap? I mean, look at Skulls. In most pictures i've seen, they don't have that shine to them and when they're worn out, they get the color of a pair of those light 501's. Is this with all Japanese brands? Also, the texture looks really hairy.

neg rep .

The thickness and density of denim is attributed to how the loom was set up prior to weaving. The most amazing denim i've seen in over a year is Sugar Cane's new Slack Denim. It's a super slubby 13oz. denim that feels like nothing i've ever felt before.

When setting up the loom they had it set up so that it wove the fabric extremely loose as to replicate hand powered wooden looms from the late 19th century.

Were those the ones you were wearing to the debriefing at benders? I loved touching your ass in those!

Were those the ones you were wearing to the debriefing at benders? I loved touching your ass in those!

Yup, those are the ones..

My ass enjoyed your hand.

does skulls 5010xx 6x6 raw fade alot and really easy? im lookin for jeans that does fade so quick thanks/.

They do fade sorta quick, definitely quicker than some of the other Japanese brands.

If you want super fast fading with a high contrast go with Flat Head.

oh im sorry. I want jeans that doesn't fade so quick. anyone know any?

IRON HEART

are the measurments for the eternall 864 on BIG's site for raw or o/w? the item is listed as o/w but the measurements seem like raw.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3008&category_id=&manufacturer_id=38&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

The measurements are one-wash. The jeans are extraordinarily low rise, so they sit over your hips (as in they wrap around your ass). Your hips are larger than your waist, thus the upsizing on the waist measurement.

Anyone care to guess what jeans are these? They look almost like they could be KMW's or Rag & Bone's, however they guy appears to be Japanese (the photo's from Pitti Uomo), so that's maybe unlikely. I understand that my question is almost impossible to answer, but he's got a sick fit...

Sartorialist.jpg

I've got APC's that I've worn on and off for like 6 or 7 months. I want to shrink the knee bags, because they are starting to look completely ridiculous. Is there a way to soak jeans to shrink them but not lose any of the color/fading process? and could I only soak part of the jean to have only one section shrink back to size until I soak the whole pair?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic