SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

so anyways im hella obese and wear a sz38 rite

so anyways i was wondering if i got through the hell of wearing them for a while they'd loosen up 2"

My size 34 1634s currently measure 18.25" laid flat, for a 36.5" waist. They stretch elsewhere as well, but if they look like shit before stretching, they'll still look like shit later.

look like shit meaning?

If they fit ok through the legs but are too tight in the waist, they may well stretch out enough in the waist to be good. If the legs look painted on or something, they'll just look terrible no matter what. Also, the 634s come in a 38, I've tried them on. Are you sure deep blue is no good?

so anyways im hella obese and wear a sz38 rite

so anyways ironhearts are a bitch to get into for the first time (apparantly happened to a lot of people) rite

so anyways i wanna get the 1634s but they only go to 36 rite

so anyways i was wondering if i got through the hell of wearing them for a while they'd loosen up 2"

so anyways thanks for your time rite. :)

more specifically, i would be more cautious about the upper-thigh area. find a jean that fits well there and the rest will follow.

No, i really dont think the 1634s will stretch 2 inches in the waist. I don't know if it's worth trying.

lamb. do tell the list of jeans you have. personally, i think your full of shit but for some reason you seem to know a lot about every fucking jean discussed. so ... tell us what you got. thanks.

I said i dont "think" which means im not completley sure, and it doesn't seem probable based on what i've read around the forum and through my experience with other japanese brands.

I'm sure it would suck to buy a pair of Iron Hearts that don't fit,i was just trying to help.

I posted this in the repair thread but it's not seeing much action:

Pair of Nudies are starting to get some crotch damage and I'd like to repair it preemptively before it gets too bad.

As you can see the in the pictures the stitching on the inside has worn through and the denim is starting to wear thin. As a reslt of the busted stitching the seam is starting to come undone out the outside. Are these all things I can fix or do I need to go to a tailor? I'm in DC/Boston so if anyone could recommend a good shop in either of those areas I'd appreciate it.

split1.JPG

split2.JPG

Is it possible to move the backpockets on my new raw denim? I want to move the backpockets a little lower. Can it be done (by a tailor) and look good?

Depends on what jeans, if they have hidden rivets in the back pockets it probably cant, or would cost a lot of money. Otherwise it is possible.

I posted this in the repair thread but it's not seeing much action:

Pair of Nudies are starting to get some crotch damage and I'd like to repair it preemptively before it gets too bad.

As you can see the in the pictures the stitching on the inside has worn through and the denim is starting to wear thin. As a reslt of the busted stitching the seam is starting to come undone out the outside. Are these all things I can fix or do I need to go to a tailor? I'm in DC/Boston so if anyone could recommend a good shop in either of those areas I'd appreciate it.

split1.JPG

split2.JPG

Jacob - definintely you can pre-emptively repair this. Below are pictures of my Imperials. The first picture shows where a piece of denim would need to be cut and sewn to the inside of your jeans:

insidecrotchrepairsufuqn5.jpg

Once the patch has been sewn to the jeans along the rise and inseam, it would then need to sewn over the area where the denim has begun to weaken (if you squint closely you can see where the light thread has been sewn on the middle of the patch, to connect it to the jeans):

outsidecrotchrepairsufuoy7.jpg

Depending on how comfortable you are with a sewing machine, I'd suggest you can do this repair yourself. Otherwise any tailor should be able to do this - it's pretty standard procedure. I'm not in your area so I can't recommend one however.

(Aside, I increased the contrast on the pictures to try and show the repairs a little better)

Ok, back to the questions-- Chimala slim straights seem crazy vanity sized (32 tagged= 35 waist), so are these things designed to be anti-fit, or should I size down to a 30 without worrying about the thighs crippling my balls?

If you're normally a 32, go to a 30, no worries. I'm wearing the 34 slims as a normal 35 with GIANT thighs from biking and I've got lots of room in the thighs.

I come in need of help. New Years Eve was a bad night.

I wasn't thinking straight and washed and dried all of my newly dirtied clothes, including my jeans, in a machine washer and dryer with generic detergent. It was a hot wash without my pants being flipped inside-out.

Afterwards, my denim felt cheap like OE shit, they hella shrunk, and they no longer hold my bodies shape after I take them off. The detergent was a bad idea, but the machine dry probably did the final blow.

They're recovering from their cheap look after returning the wear in them. My only question is should I starch these puppies?

I'd like them to continue breaking in, yet they look and feel too weak to do jack shit anymore.

The color loss was what really got me. They had a deep, rich indigo color before they went on a walk through hell.

I also pose the following question: Would a machine dry or the use of regular detergent do more harm to R/R denim?

-JF

I'm trying to find a pair of selvedge denim jeans that have an extra long inseam. Does anyone know where I can find a pair with an inseam around 36"?

Samurai...Imperial...Flathead.

I come in need of help. New Years Eve was a bad night.

I wasn't thinking straight and washed and dried all of my newly dirtied clothes, including my jeans, in a machine washer and dryer with generic detergent. It was a hot wash without my pants being flipped inside-out.

Afterwards, my denim felt cheap like OE shit, they hella shrunk, and they no longer hold my bodies shape after I take them off. The detergent was a bad idea, but the machine dry probably did the final blow.

They're recovering from their cheap look after returning the wear in them. My only question is should I starch these puppies?

I'd like them to continue breaking in, yet they look and feel too weak to do jack shit anymore.

The color loss was what really got me. They had a deep, rich indigo color before they went on a walk through hell.

I also pose the following question: Would a machine dry or the use of regular detergent do more harm to R/R denim?

-JF

I wouldn't starch...just wear them. They'll eventually mold back to the way they were. When I wash my jeans, I use normal detergent, although most recommend something milder. Either way...they're just jeans, not the end of the world.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic