SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

besides time, cause im thinking i might be wearing it a bit loose, when i sit down the thigh and crotch area is kinda flat...cept a certain part which will remain annonomus to prevent too much information :D anyways im just asking if i should see folds/whiskers when sitting on a chair:confused::confused:

thanks

When I was walking back from the bar the other night I got a bid of mud on the back of my jeans. Best way to get it off? Water doesn't seem to work that well without totally picking up a ton of indigo. I've been wearing these since December 25th without a soak. Should I soak them? If so, I presume it should be in cold water?

I've got APC's that I've worn on and off for like 6 or 7 months. I want to shrink the knee bags, because they are starting to look completely ridiculous. Is there a way to soak jeans to shrink them but not lose any of the color/fading process? and could I only soak part of the jean to have only one section shrink back to size until I soak the whole pair?

Yes and maybe. You can soak a jeans only partially to "adjust" the fit of a certain part. Most people do this for the top block to get the waist back in. As long as you just hot soak without detergent and agitation, you will loose very little indigo.

I don't know how well this works for the shrinking of knee bags...:confused:

I've got APC's that I've worn on and off for like 6 or 7 months. I want to shrink the knee bags, because they are starting to look completely ridiculous. Is there a way to soak jeans to shrink them but not lose any of the color/fading process? and could I only soak part of the jean to have only one section shrink back to size until I soak the whole pair?

Somebody posted a few pages back suggesting to put a towel inside the leg behind the knee and spraying the knee or getting it wet somehow so just the knee bulge shrinks

dont really want to go through 240+pages, so i figured i would ask...

Is there any place where i can get swatches of denim that i could use for repairs. I bought 19oz samurais and they will be needing repairs eventually. Can i get my hands on some pieces directly from samurai? what other options do i have, other than buying some cheapo raw denim (rustlers) and cutting them up...Thanks guys..

the SZ recent purchases thread has pretty much turned into brownsfashionsucksafatdick discussion as of late. basically, the website has not been taking down already sold out items. Seems like a very inefficient system. In my experience, I don't think Ive ever received an email reply from them EVER. Probably better off calling them.

Is there any place where i can get swatches of denim that i could use for repairs. I bought 19oz samurais and they will be needing repairs eventually. Can i get my hands on some pieces directly from samurai? what other options do i have, other than buying some cheapo raw denim (rustlers) and cutting them up...Thanks guys..

You can contact Samurai through their website, or you can ask Toshiko of Samurai directly on this forum. She moderates the Samurai threads. You could always ask Gordon at Blue in Green if he has any extra scraps as well.

When I was walking back from the bar the other night I got a bid of mud on the back of my jeans. Best way to get it off? Water doesn't seem to work that well without totally picking up a ton of indigo. I've been wearing these since December 25th without a soak. Should I soak them? If so, I presume it should be in cold water?

What jeans are we talking about?

Normally the place you bought them from will be able to properly patch them up, and should do so at no cost to you.. take em back to where you bought them from.

Normally the place you bought them from will be able to properly patch them up, and should do so at no cost to you.. take em back to where you bought them from.

Blue in Green charges for repairs on jeans they sell. Since he has samurais I suspect you are wrong here. Gordon has huge piles of scrap denim though, he may be able to find you a good/perfect match easily.

Blue in Green charges for repairs on jeans they sell. Since he has samurais I suspect you are wrong here. Gordon has huge piles of scrap denim though, he may be able to find you a good/perfect match easily.

Really? I thought repairs were free there..

Odd.

Just looking for some sizing advice for lvc 1947 501. I wear a 29" in new standards and my waist, where my jeans sit, measures 32". Should i buy a 32" or 33" in the lvc for a decent fit which wont kill my hips ?

The 47 LVC are shrink to fit, run true to size and sometimes a bit smaller. So for instance, I bought 32 X 34 which shrank to 30X32 after a hot soak. i'd recommend going up 1 or 2 from your waist size.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic